Ummah's life not more than 1500 yrs: hadith true?

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
Assalamu alaykum brothers and sisters
This is very interesting, but as someone said previously, in the Quran it says only Allah knows the hour, but this hadith is telling us 1500 years...?
Does that make sence?
anyways more resources will really benifit this .
May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala save us all from the great Fitnah, which is the fake messaiah. Ameen.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
This is very serious issue. Let's us continue to search the source of this "Hadith". If you find any clue pls share I really wants to know whether it is authentic or otherwise.

daywalker

If that hadeeth were authentic then how come it escaped all six top muhadditheen (reporters of Hadeeth)? If it were authentic then it would have been very famous and would be repeated often in sermons and taught in schools, etc.
:salam2: Not every sahih hadith is quoted in sihah sittah, and not every sahih is famous.but i doubt this hadith is authentic, and if so, there must be some interpratation of it. wallahu alam.

Abu Hurairah

Extinct
:salam2:

Prophet :saw: said "THE LIFE OF MY COMMUNITY WILL NOT EXTEND MUCH PAST 1500 YEARS."

(Suyuti, Al-Kashf 'an Mujawazat Hadhihi al-Ummah al-Alf, 'Al-Hawi lil-Fatawi', Suyuti. 2/248, (Arabic) 4/262, Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, Kitab al-`Ilal, P. 89).
بسم الله

Wa 'alaykumussalaam,

'Ilal is the plural of 'illah which is a defect in hadeeth rendering it weak.
I think Imam Daraqutni also had a book of 'ilal which is the most famous.

Bro Ayman1, correct me if i'm wrong please, or anyone else for that matter.

And Allaah knows best.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
If that hadeeth were authentic then how come it escaped all six top muhadditheen (reporters of Hadeeth)? If it were authentic then it would have been very famous and would be repeated often in sermons and taught in schools, etc.

Valid points brother.