Unforgivable Sin

hellbraker

In Islam,is there any unforgivable sin?What does The Quran say about this?How to avoid it? In The Bible Jesus says that telling anything against The Holy Spirit is the unforgivable sin.Is it something similar in Islam or in The Quran?
Thanks

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Hi hellbraker, good to see your post :)

hope this hadith answers your question...

"Allah the Almighty has said: 'O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me, and hope in Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds in the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I shall forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with an earthful of sins and were you then to face Me, without having associated anything with Me, I shall grant you an earthful of pardon.'"

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

Say: ‘O ‘Ibaadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful’”[al-Zumar 39:53]

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2:

Excellent topic, thank you brother hellbraker. I found the answers above most helpful, too :)

Jazak Allahu Khair to all.

:wasalam:

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah
:SMILY206::SMILY176::SMILY259::SMILY45:
In Islam,is there any unforgivable sin?What does The Quran say about this?How to avoid it? In The Bible Jesus says that telling anything against The Holy Spirit is the unforgivable sin.Is it something similar in Islam or in The Quran?
Thanks

nice to meet u here Hellbraker

What is the Holy Spirit?

hellbraker

From Sandra-
What is the Holy Spirit?

Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Jesus.
Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God
Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God's Son.

And if you want to know what is the spirit...I dont know!I know something is said in the bible about the Spirit,it is said that,Spirit is like wind.It flows wherever it wants.I dont know the exact verses but I will try to find it..if its there!

Achmat_Samsodien

Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Jesus.
Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God
Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God's Son.

And if you want to know what is the spirit...I dont know!I know something is said in the bible about the Spirit,it is said that,Spirit is like wind.It flows wherever it wants.I dont know the exact verses but I will try to find it..if its there!

How can you not know what the spirit is? Isn't that one of your fundamental beliefs?
There isn't even a mention of the trinity anywhere in the bible, it's all a pagan ideology that the emperor Constantine adopted so that he could unite his people.

hellbraker

How can you not know what the spirit is? Isn't that one of your fundamental beliefs?
There isn't even a mention of the trinity anywhere in the bible, it's all a pagan ideology that the emperor Constantine adopted so that he could unite his people.

I dont know what the Spirit, is because of my lack of understanding. I think Im too young to undertand all this.Maybe I will understand it in the future,when i become a bit more old.You are right,there is nothing in the Bible that relates to Trinity.For me I dont know, the meaning of Trinity,nor who created it or for what purpose.All I know is that God loves me and you.

Achmat_Samsodien

All I know is that God loves me and you.

I pray that you find the answers to your questions in Islam, the thing with chrsitianity is, its not balanced. Lots of pious people came from christianity but without real knowledge of Allah, thr old testament teaches that you should fear Allah and the new testament says Allah is all merciful. Islam is has that balance, a muslim should live with the 2 wings, one of hope and one of fear. Hope in the face that Allah will forgive your sins and fear in disobeying him and facing his punishment. Yes Allah is Al-Waddud and he does love us but in islam that love is not possible if you associate a partner with him.

May Allah guide you to the straight path insha allah.

hellbraker

Thank you my brother..it is strange that..I have already talked about Trinity in another post of Sister Sandra..but minutes l8r..u ask me the same question.Haa! I do live in Hope and Fear.Hope, that God loves me..Fear, that if I go against Him,He will be against me which is not so good..Mmm....seems like we have something in common at least..Hee!

Thank you my brother..it is strange that..I have already talked about Trinity in another post of Sister Sandra..but minutes l8r..u ask me the same question.Haa! I do live in Hope and Fear.Hope, that God loves me..Fear, that if I go against Him,He will be against me which is not so good..Mmm....seems like we have something in common at least..Hee!

Hello Hellbraker,

I would first like you to answer this:

How does God love you? How do you go against Him?

saffanah

speak good or silent
Hellbraker, it's nice to see you.
Back to the topic, the unforgivable sin is Shirk (associating partners in worshipping God--it is the opposite of Tawhid-the Oneness of God). But if somebody seek forgiveness for Allah from this sin (i.e: he or she repent from this act of shirk) then Allah will forgive him/her before he/she dies.
But if this person dies while he/she still doing this shirk then Allah will never forgive them.

PS: if you want to study Islam, may this post will help you.
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37143

hellbraker

Hello Hellbraker,

I would first like you to answer this:

How does God love you? How do you go against Him?

Maybe this may sound childish..but still

Well God loves me because he have saved me from quiet a few "Near Death" experiences.How many times I had the chance of escaping myself from death in road accidents.I think he wants me to live this life however hard it might be.He saved my life,by not allowing me to go out with my father who died l8r that night from an accident.I think he knows my future.God loves me, because from the day of the death of my father,He is teaching me how to live in this world alone.He has taught me,to become more loving,more giving,more patient,more understanding,more caring.It is through His Love I passed my examinations.You know what?I used to fail in almost every subjects in my school days.My parents became so sad of me and I used to make them cry.In fact I had to repeat a year and watch all my friends smiling and happy with their life.How ever I never stopped praying.I prayed,cried and asked God to change my school.And he did.I was taken into a new school.From that day onward my academic life began to change.I soon became one of the class toppers.When I told my past to my new friends they wouldn't believe it.They thought it was not possible.But unfortunately my father was not their to see this.He died.His favourite subject was Maths and I hated it.When he was alive,he uses to teach me Maths with a stick,if i did some mistakes,he will teach me again,but if i continued he would beat me.Haa!I was so dumb in Maths that even I could not understand to take the "change" after buying something in the supermarket,so I would go empty handed to home,only to be scolded and then go back to the shop to take the "change".Well after joining my new school, I passed in Maths after a long wait of 4 years.How happy I felt.And the marks was surprising too.I received 90%,but still,my father was not there to see this.This was all possible because of someone who i call God.I became the school topper and I was awarded by a Minister.But I was not there to receive it as I was not in the country.

With all this happening with me.I again asked God to make my higher studies in Europe.And here I am in Europe doing my college.Being new to Europe,I needed new friends.It was hard(still is) to make friends here.The culture is different.One of my college mate told me,that If you want to make friends here,you have to drink.Haa!But still I dont drink nor smoke.But God have given me two friends that truly understands and know me.To me they are worth a 1000 other friends.Because,through them I felt going more closer to God.They are not like others.In fact one of my friend is a Muslim and I love her so much.She is from Iraq.But if God wants me to loose them,so be it.I love God more than them.
My mother wanted a new home which was ours only.I prayed and so,Here I am in a new Home and I love it.

I go against Him,when I do something that he dislikes.Like forgetting Him,doubting Him,having bad thoughts,lust,selfishness,anger,hate,materialism.But hey I dont hate anyone.
This is the reason why I want you all to pray for me.Im not perfect and so I sin knowingly or unknowingly.It does not matter if Im a Christian or not.Is it?
So will you pray for me to show me the right way?

Thanks
Peace be with you.

Hello Hellbraker,

First, my condolences goes out to you and your family for the loss of your dad. May he be granted paradise. He disciplined you real well.

You come across as a genuine and sincere person. Could it be that your "near death" experiences could also be seen as a mercy from God in that you are a given a blessing chance to learn about Islam, especially having a Muslim friend and even joining this global Muslim forum.

In Islam, the love for Allah (Arabic for "God") comes from worship. What do I mean by worship? Worship in the form of 5 times prayer per day, charity, fasting during the month of Ramadan, to make & visit Hajj, and the most important the shahada (declaration of faith), "I testify that there is no god but Allah, and I testify that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah."

Of course it is not Allah that needs these things from us, but it is we that need these from Allah.

Allah is self-sufficient & High above all these things!

In regards to your trials & tribulations, Allah says:

"On no soul doth Allah place a burden greater than it can bear; it gets every good that it earns; and it suffers every ill that it earns; [Pray:] `Our Lord! condemn us not if we forget or fall into error; our Lord! lay not on us a burden like that which Thou didst lay on those before us; our Lord! lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear; blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness; have mercy on us; Thou art our Protector; help us against those who stand against faith. (2:285-286)

"Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe", and that they will not be tested? We did test those before them, and Allah will certainly know those who are true from those who are false" (29:2-3)

In the Quran, Allah tells us two ways by which He bestows His love upon us:

“Say: ‘If you do love Allah follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your sins for Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.’” (3:31)

“On those who believe and work deeds of righteousness will (Allah) Most Gracious bestow Love.” (19:96)

I commend you for not drinking and smoking. It's very rare to meet Christians like you :)

Stick around TTI, ask questions, and inshallah (God willing) you will see the light of Islam. May Allah guide you on the right path.

Best Wishes,

TheHumbleWun

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah
:hijabi: May Allah light up your life with the truth and comfort hellbraker
say this words u will feel insha Allah comfort

I seek refuge in Allah from Satan, the accursed

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful (1)

Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds (2) Most Gracious, Most Merciful (3) Master of the, Day of Judgment. (4) Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek. (5) Show us the straight way. (6) The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, Those whose (portion) is not wrath and who go not astray. Ameen

59] Say: Praise be to Allah, and Peace on His servants whom He has chosen (for His Message). (Who) is better? Allah or the false gods they associate (with Him)?

[60] Or, who has created the heavens and the earth, and who sends you down rain from the sky? Yea, with it We cause to grow well-planted orchards full of beauty and delight: it is not in your power to cause the growth of the trees in them. (Can there be another) god besides Allah? Nay, they are a people who swerve from justice.

[61] Or, who has made the earth firm to live in; made rivers in its midst; set thereon mountains immovable, and made a separating bar between the two bodies of flowing water? (Can there be another) god besides Allah? Nay, most of them know not.

[61] Or, who has made the earth firm to live in; made rivers in its midst; set thereon mountains immovable, and made a separating bar between the two bodies of flowing water? (Can there be another) god besides Allah? Nay, most of them know not.

[62] Or, who listens to the (soul) distressed when it calls on Him, and who relieves its suffering, and makes you (mankind) inheritors of the earth? (Can there be another) god besides Allah? Little it is that ye heed!

[63] Or, who guides you through the depths of darkness on land and sea, and who sends the winds as heralds of glad tidings, going before His mercy? (Can there be another) god besides Allah? High is Allah above what they associate with Him!

63] Or, who guides you through the depths of darkness on land and sea, and who sends the winds as heralds of glad tidings, going before His mercy? (Can there be another) god besides Allah? High is Allah above what they associate with Him!

[64] Or, who originates Creation, then repeats it, and who gives you sustenance from heaven and earth? (Can there be another) god besides Allah? Say, "Bring forth your argument, if ye are telling the truth!"

ربنا لا تزغ قلوبنا بعد اذ هديتنا وهب لنا من لدنك رحمة انك انت الوهاب
Our Lord!" "let not our hearts deviate now after Thou hast guided us, but grant us mercy from Thee: for Thou art the Grantor of bounties without measure.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
How come no one answered "Committing Suicide" ? To kill yourself is something unforgiveable.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
"Whoever throws himself down from a mountain and kills himself, he will be in the Fire of Hell throwing himself down for ever and ever. Whoever drinks poison and kills himself will have the poison in his hand, drinking it in the Fire of Hell for ever and ever. Whoever kills himself with a piece of iron [a weapon] will have that piece of iron in his hand, stabbing himself in the stomach with it in the Fire of Hell forever and ever." (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5778).

and ofcourse dying whilst worshipping other than Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala.

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah
Maybe this may sound childish..but still

Well God loves me because he have saved me from quiet a few "Near Death" experiences.How many times I had the chance of escaping myself from death in road accidents.I think he wants me to live this life however hard it might be.He saved my life,by not allowing me to go out with my father who died l8r that night from an accident.I think he knows my future.God loves me, because from the day of the death of my father,He is teaching me how to live in this world alone.He has taught me,to become more loving,more giving,more patient,more understanding,more caring.It is through His Love I passed my examinations.You know what?I used to fail in almost every subjects in my school days.My parents became so sad of me and I used to make them cry.In fact I had to repeat a year and watch all my friends smiling and happy with their life.How ever I never stopped praying.I prayed,cried and asked God to change my school.And he did.I was taken into a new school.From that day onward my academic life began to change.I soon became one of the class toppers.When I told my past to my new friends they wouldn't believe it.They thought it was not possible.But unfortunately my father was not their to see this.He died.His favourite subject was Maths and I hated it.When he was alive,he uses to teach me Maths with a stick,if i did some mistakes,he will teach me again,but if i continued he would beat me.Haa!I was so dumb in Maths that even I could not understand to take the "change" after buying something in the supermarket,so I would go empty handed to home,only to be scolded and then go back to the shop to take the "change".Well after joining my new school, I passed in Maths after a long wait of 4 years.How happy I felt.And the marks was surprising too.I received 90%,but still,my father was not there to see this.This was all possible because of someone who i call God.I became the school topper and I was awarded by a Minister.But I was not there to receive it as I was not in the country.

With all this happening with me.I again asked God to make my higher studies in Europe.And here I am in Europe doing my college.Being new to Europe,I needed new friends.It was hard(still is) to make friends here.The culture is different.One of my college mate told me,that If you want to make friends here,you have to drink.Haa!But still I dont drink nor smoke.But God have given me two friends that truly understands and know me.To me they are worth a 1000 other friends.Because,through them I felt going more closer to God.They are not like others.In fact one of my friend is a Muslim and I love her so much.She is from Iraq.But if God wants me to loose them,so be it.I love God more than them.
My mother wanted a new home which was ours only.I prayed and so,Here I am in a new Home and I love it.

I go against Him,when I do something that he dislikes.Like forgetting Him,doubting Him,having bad thoughts,lust,selfishness,anger,hate,materialism.But hey I dont hate anyone.
This is the reason why I want you all to pray for me.Im not perfect and so I sin knowingly or unknowingly.It does not matter if Im a Christian or not.Is it?
So will you pray for me to show me the right way?

Thanks
Peace be with you.

Dear hellbraker you are not the only one in pains

My mother just passed away one month ago, by a doctor made a mistak by giving her the wrong mediciation and i am her only daughter .The Faith in Allah increased
I want My mum to be proud of me infront of Allah so trying my best to guid people to the true path and praying and reading quran and doing to her sadaqa

before she passed i thought that i cant live without her one moment in life so she passed away infront of my eyes in my hold

the last thing she asked me to do is to pray for her

so make a target hellbraker , try to make ur father be proud of u infront of Allah

follow god's sign and pray for Allah that he help you ask him all the time
belive me he wont give u up
just Believe in Allah and Islam
belive me god only who can turn ur sadness into happeness