University in the East?

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
Asalaamu alaikum,

Over the past months I've been very interested in going back to university and taking my professional life to higher levels. I'd very much like to be in the Middle East, but I'm not sure where to go so I'd like to ask you all for some feedback, inshaAllah. =)

I'm interested in cost of living, transferability/recognition of the degree, stability. My father has pledged $1000USD/month and I should have about $40k CND saved up by next September so I'm on a bit of a tight budget for an international student.

Asalaamu alaikum.
Ahmed

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum brother!

Nice to hear from you after a long time. I have always wondered where you have gone, but I haven't been a frquent visitor as before due to being busy.

Sorry for beign unable to advice on this issue, I just wanted to greet you.
So hopefully someone with information about our query can help you.

Wassalamu alaikum warahmatullah.

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
Hahah hey there brother Bawar! I missed you! ;-D How've you been?

Yeah unfortunately I got caught up with the Dunya, neglected my Islam, got obsessive about building a business/making money for my family, got punished by Allah SWT by turning my wife into an unfaithful adulteress, got separated and divorced... and am currently in the process of returning to Islam and moving on with my life. Haha you know, same old same old ... =0

=(

Wa alaikum salaam

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala forgive our sins and give us hidayah.

I am deeply saddened by this news.
Brother, life is a continuous test. Devil will never setback and so shouldn't we.

Alhamdulellah, you are still alive and the door of repentence is still open. You can, inshallah, change things, so don't despair.

Alhamdulellah, you have realised what has to be done. Earning better life is not a sin, but should be done in a halal way, ofcourse.

Dear brother, we can continue to do both at the same time, earning worldly life and keeping in touch with our creator.

I pray to Allah tabarak wa ta'ala to grant you happiness and success in both worlds.

justoneofmillion

Hahah hey there brother Bawar! I missed you! ;-D How've you been?

Yeah unfortunately I got caught up with the Dunya, neglected my Islam, got obsessive about building a business/making money for my family, got punished by Allah SWT by turning my wife into an unfaithful adulteress, got separated and divorced... and am currently in the process of returning to Islam and moving on with my life. Haha you know, same old same old ... =0

=(

Wa alaikum salaam
:salam2:Am glad to have you back dear brother and in good spirit alhamdulillah.Am so sorry for what happened to you it really saddens me that nowadays one can be sure of nothing in this dunya,we go through trials and tribulations we grow stronger wiser and more discerning inshallah.It is really another sign that the creator has planned something different and brighter for us than this deceptive existence ,may Allah swt give you another wife that is truthful and stable in her principles dont worry akhi there are enough of those .Women aren t running out of the world may Allah give you a more pious, prettier and loving sister,a daughter of her mother that will know how to keep it real and stand by your side throughout the trying times.You deserve much better than this as a believer.Love doesn t really exist nowadays you got the cash you buy them period no matter how hard they try to deny it,oh! no am not like this oh who me ..am not like that!bla bla....when am done with my studies inshallah very soon, i ll buy four of em,especially the ones that play it snobby, delicate oh and they got to be picky,i love it!!!just for your sake akhi sorry for the little sarcasm but it is really sad to hear what you are going through.Subhnallah sometimes even some non believing women don t do this!what about the ones who are supposed to have studied enough to fear allah swt!speechless...
ps.i can not offer any info regarding your original question,but i had to answer ,I beg you to excuse my short coming in the matter.

wassalaam
jameel