[URGENT]Need help teaching Islam to a Muslim

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
:salam2: Everyone

A friend of mine that that is pakistani told me about the story about how no one in his life really teached him Islam and he told me in pakistan the kids would get beat if they didnt learn with a big stick. But that was 10 years ago and today he told me he wants to now learn how to pray. So i invited him to this weeks Jummah prayer and i agreed to teach him how to pray and do wudu. Theres one problem though and it has a strong connection with the Khutba im giving this friday. Like many of the non-believers, he is like obsessed with a girl he is in love with and it just so happens that my khutba this friday is on the topic of Girlfriend/boyfriend relationships, here is a transcript of our facebook chat which shows how serious this problem is.

ME: u shudnt go crazy for her i think 2 years from now ul be thinking why wud u ever like her :p

Guy:

like is an small word my friend i love her she is my habibi lol
Islam puts forth love before god him self

Me:
No You must have love for your creator before anything else

Dont you agree?

Guy:

i do and i dont..
i would put her in front if i fall truly in love with her

Me:

Il address it in my khutba, bro you gotta realize something, A muslims ultimate goal is to enter Jannah or Paradise.

Guy:

that is wrong

Me

How is it wrong?

Guy

An muslim ultimate goal is make the world jannah or paradise with out the help of allah

to make the people come in peace

Me:

Allah already help's us, Its what's one of his attributes. Ar-Rahman is one of the names of Allah which means 'the ever merciful'. Its by his mercy that we recieve water, help, a house, Food, Clothing

Yes its our duty to bring people to peace but you do it by teaching Islam

because one of the definitions of Islam is 'peace' itself

When you do prayer you submit to him, you ask him for help, and he will help you, all you have to do is make the decisions

We'l talk about it tommorow alright?

Guy:

alright ill win this debate(<-Hes kidding btw :p)...but what i mean is that allah himself does not go and make people good that is what we as the followers will have to do ...loll man you got me talking all religous and i barely talk about religion lol

Me

We'l Talk Tommorow alright , il remember it. No its a good thing your talking about religion its a important thing. Cause like for me i never think of the present i always think like right when im about to die you know what i mean? I can remember 3rd grade like it was yesterday, and it will prbrobly be the same thing when im about to die at old age except il be sayin 'dang life is short'

Guy:

yeah that i got what you are saying.. example..an person that did nothing good it in his life that is on his final breathes thinking what did he archive in life..
Me:

Yeah everyones gonna think that , not just me and you but everyone

Like what we cuda done better
Guy:

yeah and thats one of the goals too..to guild the wrong do-ers to the right path
Me:

We'l talk bout it tommorow alright , its better that way. Il see you later alright.Yeah that's true but we gotta be good muslims ourselves im still tryin to improve and replace more Islam in my life that other stuff

Guy

yeah well no one is perfect , no is god
Me:

Yeah, but we gotta try our hardest, we'l talk about it tommorow alright?

Il see you tommorow ok and i hooked you up a ride with my friend.
Guy:

ight thanks

Can someone give me advice in how to introduce the real teaching of Islam to Him and what i might want to include in my khutba? I really need help because i see him in first class tommorow and he wants me to teach him but i dont want to teach him Islam in a negative sort of manner making him thinking like im implying he is a bad person or doing bad things etc.. Can someone give me advice?

Jazakallah Khair

If it helps heres most of my khutba i had prepared:

1)Alot of young men today say's that they think the girl likes them and then they end up liking them back which leads to many problems. One of things many muslims dont know is that when a boy and a girl are together with no mahram, there is a third person and that's shaytaan.

2) But sadly the Boy's came up with the term "The friend" but many hope one day they'l be more than friends. And many girls think they are safe because There not attracted to the guy so how can the boy be attracted to her?? See shaytaan taps into your phone before you even start talking, and him having plently of expierience with humans, he knows how guys and girls think.
And you get the combination of a guy's sexual desires , with a womans desire for attention with no mahrtams in site. The only one down the road is Shaytaan.

3) But in modern times when they are "Just friends" The guy doesnt want to tell the girl that he likes her because he'l get blacklisted on the girls network thinking he's creepy.

Im just telling you how it is usually but many people still just deny this.
If the girl shows no attraction to him, nothing at all, then the guy will try and move on to the next girl he cant because he has no shot at her.

Alot of people today think its ok to have a Haram Relationship and the keyword is Haram. You dont do something haram in hope your pleasing Allah. He created us so he knows our temptations, our insticts , and our needs. So it only makes sense for the creation to follow the guidelines of the creator. Giving us paths whether to make the right decision or not. Some paths are easier than others but they come with consequences. And if you think haram relationships will bring you tranquility, remember that 50% of these relationships end up in divorce. And these are the people that loved each other enough to get married. This is a big problem in the country we live in because it of all the influences, and like azraf said last week,(guy who did khutba last week) we should show that we are muslim and not just say it.

SIT
Get back up

Part 2:

But the women say what that the man is a practicing Muslim and that he fears Allah. My Question is if he really fears Allah (Swt) Why does his actions speak otherwise.
Some say were just going to do this until we get married. My question is who guaranteed you that day. Who guaranteed that you'l even live tommorow. What if tommorow never comes then you will die doing something haram.
So many friends of ours dont tell us what im telling you today, maybe because they do it or they dont want to lose their friendship with you. Im just hear to tell you exactly how reality is. Sometimes its bitter , sometimes its sweet. In the end its the truth.

Parents sometime forget what its like being a child, surrounded by all these temptations. there in there own little bubble. You have to atleast try talking to them and maybe it will digest in their minds and trigger something to help you. You guys know your parents than i do, so you have to plan your words and present them the correct way.

Conclusion

Looking for a verse here

Following the straight path is extremely hard, But lets not forget Jannah is very expensive. Even Umar (RA) questioned whether or not he will be let into Jannah. Even though the haram path is very easy, its only temporary. The whole life is temporary, and is nothing but a trial. Anything that i have said is wrong came from me, anything i have said Right is from Allah (swt). May Allah Guide us into the Straight Path and stay righteous. Waqim Assalat

hassana elkoussi

Salam alaikum brother,

I think one session with this friend of yours won't be enough, coz hes too far away from the proper understanding of islam or of Allah swt. For instance, he puts the love for his gf before loving Allah SWT, he thinks he can do without the support and help of Allah to make the world a better place, etc. I think you should keep on giving reminders on aqeeda, the monotheism of ALlah swt in the sense that He's the one who should be obeyed not our desires, reminding him of the hereafter, but it all should be done in an indirect way.
You make up a story of one of your friends who had a similar situation and how terrible his life has been until he got to know Allah swt and was guided , something of the sort. Don't make him feel that u'r preaching him, or that u know better than he does, this may put him off btw.

By the way,brother, I have added a lot of quran verses and ahadith to support your khutbah, did u have a look at that? I think u should search for this thread and have another look, maybe it will also help in dealing with your friend.

May ALlah make everything easy for you.

Salam

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
This is so much like a conversation I once had with a friend. I was shocked to the extreme, because obviously, this "we're only on this Earth to be happy and make peace" thinking has taken over a lot of muslims.

I would try and negate his statements, so he realizes how his own thinking is wrong. He said "Islam puts love first" say 'show it to me. where does it say that?' And then show him the hadith where Rasulallah says "No one has believed until I am dearer to him than his spouse/child/parents."

How can anyone make the world Jannah without the help of Allah? That's absurd and ridiculous. Tell him to give one example where a person has made Jannah on Earth. Where is it? Did that person not have even one single problem? Did he have everything he wished? Everything is from Allah, and show him the Quranic verses to prove that.

Your friend is highly misled. I'll make dua for him that Allah shows him the right path. Try and make chinks in his armour, so to speak, and make him realize his thinking is flawed.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I went thrugh the transcript of the chat and could not see what is wrong. While what he says about making the world a paradise without God's help is improper and misspoken, his love for this girl is fine, as long as no sin is committed. What he should be encouraged to do is marry this girl as soon as possible.

How is his love for this girl not wrong? You can tell the way he speaks obviously he's met her and talked to her many times. How is a non-mahram girl/boy relationship okay? And just the way he speaks about her is so non-respecting.

THough I agree about him marrying her as soon as possible. But how do we know that's even his intention, and he's not just into the whole "dating scene" for the sake of it??

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
:salam2: Everyone

A friend of mine that that is pakistani told me about the story about how no one in his life really teached him Islam and he told me in pakistan the kids would get beat if they didnt learn with a big stick. But that was 10 years ago and today he told me he wants to now learn how to pray. So i invited him to this weeks Jummah prayer and i agreed to teach him how to pray and do wudu. Theres one problem though and it has a strong connection with the Khutba im giving this friday. Like many of the non-believers, he is like obsessed with a girl he is in love with and it just so happens that my khutba this friday is on the topic of Girlfriend/boyfriend relationships, here is a transcript of our facebook chat which shows how serious this problem is.

Can someone give me advice in how to introduce the real teaching of Islam to Him and what i might want to include in my khutba? I really need help because i see him in first class tommorow and he wants me to teach him but i dont want to teach him Islam in a negative sort of manner making him thinking like im implying he is a bad person or doing bad things etc.. Can someone give me advice?

Jazakallah Khair

If it helps heres most of my khutba i had prepared:

:salam2:

Would you be able to come on msn, like right this second, lol kinda late, But would like to tell you something *smile* If you don't mind bro or maybe sometime later in shaAllaah

wa salaamu 'alaikkum

mmasood65

Aslamoalikum. I will read your post later in detail and will reply, i am shocked to see your private chat posted on this site. Itys not fair to post actual chat you might had posted abstract of your talk. Maybe your friend dont trust you in Future.

nizar83

aselemu aleikum brother

i just wanted to emphasise..miracles are no cure for the disbelievers..

if one doesnt understand and acknowledge the oness of ALLAH ta3ala, really there isnt much you can tell that person..all you can and should try to do is explaining why there can only be 1 god and what this 1 god ALLAH azza wajall demands from us(his creation) only after completely understanding this essential part of islam and any monotheistic religion, can you deal with other questions..

wolahi if 1 doesnt testify there is only 1 god to be worshipped, no other deed of this person will be accepted...even if he or she feeds the poor every day, and dont drink alcohol and even if they serve their community etc etc all deeds are worth zero if you commit shirk.

a girl before ALLAH , sounds stupid / naieve /and then stupid again a zillion times..