Urgent - Please Read

heyitsme

I keep getting banned for asking this question: Why is this in the Qur'an?
Please dont delete and ban again, I really want to learn.

This is why I came here. This is why Islam scares me. Please don't delete. Please explain how this isn't what I think it is. I know not all Moslems are bad, but this is really questionable.

I was asked to justify my assertion that Muslims are hostile toward America. I geniunely believe this to be the truth, and these verses from the Quran really make me uneasy. I am open to accepting Islam, but I need to have a few things clarified. What place is there for such verses in a Holy Book?

Now we know the Bible has some rather vulgar passages, maybe you should post some verses from the Bible that you don't agree with instead of deleting my post. I have read it from cover to cover, but I found nothing in the Bible as shocking as what I read in the Quran.

Qur’an 9:123 “murder them and treat them harshly”
Qur’an 3.28 Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of (the guardianship of) Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully; and Allah makes you cautious of (retribution from) Himself; and to Allah is the eventual coming.

but there's yet another verse, that says it's ok to take unbelievers as friends if it's in an effort to deceive and conquer him and his country.

By ‘guarding carefully’, a Muslim should deceive the infidel. Acting as a friend is fine as long as it is to benefit the Muslim and protect Islam.

Qur’an 5:72 “They are surely infidels who say; ‘God is the Christ, the Messiah, the son of Mary.”

Qur’an 8:12 cp. 8:60 “Instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers”; “smite above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them”

Qur’an 4.89 They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah’s way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

heyitsme

You see, i notice one main difference between the quran and the bible. The bible tells stories about the bad things that people have done, but the quran seems to direct its readers to propogate bad behavior.

For instance, the bible would say "And then Tom smited the kurds for getting with his sister", but the quran says something like "And you should go out and kill he who slept with your sister". See, to me it seems that the bible is pointing out evil things that people have done, whereas the quran suggests that you should go out and do evil things.

am I wrong? please tell me what you think

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hi,

Firstly you were banned due to the way you first placed posts on this website. You used abusive language.

We do not ban people who are polite and sincere.

Yeah you are wrong, this is because we remain in peace with people of other faiths.

What you are thinking is not correct as you are isolating and misinterpreting verses. All verses must be taken together in their correct context. The Understanding of the Quran should come from proper Islamic sources, rather than perhaps someone who has an anti-Islamic agenda.

Many non-Muslims who critisise Islam unfairly, misquote the Qur'an.

I believe you should look at the following Threads:

Quran and Hadith prove Islam's Opposition to Oppression, Terrorism and Injustice.

There happen to be people who unfortunately relish in promoting ignorance and hatred towards Muslims. They play on the ignorance of others, by giving false information. For this reason it is always important to find out about Islam from true Islamic sources, such as this website.

These people often misquote the Quran. An example is when they quote the following verse out of context:

And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [2:191]

However, they do not quote the verse in its entirety and without establishing the facts surrounding these verses.

And fight in the Way of Allâh those who fight you, but transgress not the limits. Truly, Allâh likes not the transgressors.

And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [Trials, Persecution] is worse than killing. And fight not with them at Al-Masjid-al-Harâm (the sanctuary at Makkah),[unless they (first) fight you there.

But if they attack you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.[2:190-191]

Allah and his Prophet :saw: forbid peopel from going to extremes.

The Messenger of Allaah (SAW) said, "I warn you of extremism in the Religion for indeed those that came before you were destroyed due to their extremism in the religion." Reported by an-Nasaa'ee (5/268), ibn Maajah (no. 3029), Ahmad (1/215, 347) with a saheeh s

Terrorism Not From Islam

The Following tries to explain reasons why some people who call themselves Muslims become Extreme. Why do people hate America? Islam is not what teaches peolpe to hate others, thats nonsense. I am a Muslim, I do not hate Americans.. Nor do I hate the people in my own country for I am born and living in the the United Kingdom. Rather, people hate the corrupt foreign policy. 100,000s of people have died due to Western Imperialism and the State terror of its allies.

The Majority of Muslims are kind and respectful people with much patience. There are some who are extreme and who are vocal in that. The Media loves to show those people on the TV and really make mountains out of mole hills. Those people are extreme due to the political and humanitarian crises that are happening around the world, due to the actions of our countries.

Why Angry Protests? Islam Does Not Condone Violence and Calls for Patience!

And also perhaps watch the interviews of people who became Muslim even though they have lost family members in 9/11. They realised that those terrrorists have nothing to do with Islam at all.

[img=left]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/allison_new_york_muslim1.jpg[/img]New Muslim Reverts This Ramadan! ( Allison Poole& Barbara Cartabuke) in New York, post-9/11 CNN Interview:
More And More People are Turning to Islam, especially after 9/11. September 11 has led to the media giving Islam a lot of attention. Although, the media has mostly reported negatively about Muslims and Islam, it has made people research about Islam. This has led to many to find the Truth about Islam and readily accept it as their faith.

CNN states that 1/4 of the 6 Million Muslims in the United States are Revert Muslims (Converts).
[img=right]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/barbara_new_york_muslim2.jpg[/img]
Allison Poole was Raised as a Southern Baptist Christian. She became Muslim this Ramadan. Alhamdulilah! Since becoming Muslim, she feels more at peace and finds Islam has made he life much better as she has the right belief in God. Her family is completely behind her decision, but she finds fellow Americans still misunderstand Islam and say bad things.

Barbara Cartabuke is also an American who has found Islam post 911. She was a Catholic who always felt praying to Jesus and reading Hail Mary's was wrong. When she found Islam, it was a breath of fresh air and answered all her questions regarding the reality of her existance and of true belief in God.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
-I credit and thank Allah, Most high and Gloriful is the Lord of Mary and Jesus (Maryum and Esa) the Lord of Moses (Musa) Lord of Muhammad, and Lord of Abraham (Ibrahim) for Abraham and Jesus and Muhammad and Moses and all the other prophets where not that of the idolaters or ploytheists or claimers to be Allah (God) or as being the son of god or Allah's "family" for Allah has no mother, father, OR family. He is the Almighty who has no partners.
-I thank brother Masboot and our brothers and sisters who made this website come and I credit the brothers and sisters, and even non muslims for supporting this site and striving for the truth.
-I credit Allah for lifting me up when I fell, when I was about to fall down into nothingness but, no. Mashallah Allah has saved me from the Satan's whisperings and made me become the striving muslim today.
Allahu Akbar! La Illaha Illala Muhammadur Rasulool llah. Ameen Ameen. Allahu Akbar Long live Islam!

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Hello Mr. 'heyitsme',

There is no problem in mentioning any point from Quran or any kind of conception or misconception about Islam. But you must stay civilized, this is the way Islam teaches us:

016.125 "Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance."

Al-Qur'an, 016.125 (An-Nahl [The Bee])

Brother GlobalPeace might give you explanations about the verse in detail, while I just want to make you ponder about two points from my side at the moment:

1- In the era of our Prophet (PBUH) and after, there were many many non-muslims who thought Islam to be baseless and wrong religion. Infact some of them were the worst enemies of Islam , till they studied and removed their misconception about Islam. Try to study Quran and Islam by taking off your glasses of Bible for some moments.

2- You asked why people hate American. If somebody hates me then I must think whats wrong with me, instead of going out and ruining a dozen of countries. Anyway, I must reduce your hatered/intensity about Islam by refering you one example and you can see how every person in the West and specially America is brainwashed:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9071731896689197790

I will try to give you a more general example later on , InshaAllah.

Thanks for your time in reading and watching.
Bye.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Hello heyitsme!
You have listened/watched for too long to the media that is readily polluting the hearts and minds of folks throughout the world.
Its time you listened and read about Islam with you own (open) eyes and non hostile heart.
The enemies of Islam are not just the enemies of Muslims, but of the whole humanity, because islam teaches against the domination of rich and powerful.
Please note, the rich and powerful of the west are sucking the blood of hard working public through interest which is a modern type of slavery.
The general public is being convinced that they have freedom just becasue they can go out at weekends, getting drunk and all that sexual extremism.
Just look at the impact these values are having on the societies and on families and its getting worse everyday.
Moreover, the governments are getting more and more greedy and invading oil rich nations and illegally occupying free countries and breaking all the UN values which they have themselves set forth for others.
Please think who is telling you what

Kayote

Alhumdulillah, Mabsoot & others have well replied but if I was a mod I would ban you now & yet again. If you truly desire to know about Islam, why not read it yourself instead of taking points raised by other people & finding out how muslims justify these points. If you read the Quran yourself you would not raise these questions.

Apologies if my presumptions are not entirely accurate.

Regards,

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Would your beloved Country's Channels show this to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjFYvGb2G_4

You had been shown on your channels what those Gutter worms wanted to show you. Open your conscience. We dont usually refer such videos on our media and we dont keep on crying about Christian and Jewish Terrorists, do we? yet you will see 1000000000001 videos about Muslims being terrorists on your CNN And Fox. Simple is that.

Bye.

Najmoen

Shackles of the Mind

This is why I came here. This is why Islam scares me. Please don't delete. Please explain how this isn't what I think it is. I know not all Moslems are bad, but this is really questionable.

I was asked to justify my assertion that Muslims are hostile toward America. I geniunely believe this to be the truth, and these verses from the Quran really make me uneasy. I am open to accepting Islam, but I need to have a few things clarified. What place is there for such verses in a Holy Book?

Now we know the Bible has some rather vulgar passages, maybe you should post some verses from the Bible that you don't agree with instead of deleting my post. I have read it from cover to cover, but I found nothing in the Bible as shocking as what I read in the Quran.

Qur’an 3.28 Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of (the guardianship of) Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully; and Allah makes you cautious of (retribution from) Himself; and to Allah is the eventual coming.

but there's yet another verse, that says it's ok to take unbelievers as friends if it's in an effort to deceive and conquer him and his country.

By ‘guarding carefully’, a Muslim should deceive the infidel. Acting as a friend is fine as long as it is to benefit the Muslim and protect Islam.

Qur’an 5:72 “They are surely infidels who say; ‘God is the Christ, the Messiah, the son of Mary.”

Qur’an 8:12 cp. 8:60 “Instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers”; “smite above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them”

Qur’an 4.89 They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah’s way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

For attention Hayitsme

First and foremost I wish to thank you for your questions and wish to state that if you are really Truthful in your quest for the Truth, you have come to the right place. In order to achieve this Truth, you have to make peace with yourself, you have to become impartial to your Christian indoctrination as you know it. You have to loose the shackles of your mind and your bias. It is easy for us to understand that you are mesmerized by the Trinity and that you feel threatened by Islam. But let me assure you, Islam is a religion of peace, a way of life and it has answers to all your ills. It is not a threat to Christianity, in fact it is Christianity on a higher level with a different name - restated, Judaism (Old Testament), Christianity (New Testament) and Islam (Qur'an) is the same, exact, identical GOD inspired religion, each on a different level. Islam honours Jesus and his mother Mary and gives credence to his disciples. Muslims as a whole, believe in the prophets of both the Old and New Testaments, they believe in life after death and the day of judgement amongst may other similarities of Christendom. In fact, Qur'an states Christians are closer to Islam in their belief than the Jews.

As Muslims, we acknowledge that Jesus healed those born blind and the lepers by GOD's permission and at each miracle that he performed, he (Jesus) always acknowledged a Higher Power - God Almighty. There are numerous Biblical proofs, many of which I am sure you are aware of, that Jesus prayed, that he fell on his face and prayed. Even at his "crucifiction" he called on a Higher Power, once again, - God Almighty. Having said this, I am sure we have reached common ground. God Almighty says there are three kinds of people, viz. the believers (Mutaqeen), non believers (Kaafireen) and the hypocrites (Munafiqeen). Many people find themselves amongst the later two, thus Qur'an is not for them, as it specifically says, it is for the Mutaqeen only. Prior to Islam there were only Pagans, Idolators, Jews, Gentiles, Barbarians, Christians etc.., meaning many, many Muslim alive today has or had an ancestors from amongst these groups. Islam grew with the help of these people, who desired righteousness, who believed in GOD, who believed in the prophets in the books that were sent from GOD through them, believe in judgement day, where steadfast in prayer, gave charity, believed in the Angels, etc... Today there are more than 1.2 Billion Muslims (a 5th of the world population) all accepting Islam as their religion and way of life and Allah (SWA) as their GOD, Nourisher and Sustainer, all of them aspiring towards Mutaqeen.

What you are describing in your questions, are side issues, as you are hiding behind the truth. Didn't Moses preach an eye for and eye and a tooth for a tooth...? Didn't Jesus tell his disciples to sell their outer garments and buy swords with which to fight the infidels? What is your stand on the Palestinian Issue?... where people are being driven from their homes and country by infidels? What about the Afghanistan issue? What about the Iraqi issue? Would you not retaliate and defend yourself if your neighbour decided that he wanted to own your family home and forcefully evicted you and in the process sexually abuse your sister and mother and kill your sisters and brothers?

Please, do yourself a favour and this is probably the biggest favour you will ever be able to do for yourself, read Al-Qur'an from cover to cover, but unshackle your mind first. As a seeker after the truth, you come across as someone who may want to be counted amongst the Mutaqeen. Perhaps we can count you as 1.2billion and 1 - Insah-Allah. If you are really earnest and truthful, you will see the bigger picture.

I have refrained from quoting Qur'anic verse and number in my above comment, but wish to leave this Qur'anic ayat with you "Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance."

Karima

Hello,

I read your previous posts under another name, and was in the process of sending a post to your concerns.

I am so glad you have continued to 'ask' questions that were really important. You were sincere, which I could tell, through your 'choice of words', which really isn't too cool to write. But I could tell you wanted to learn from what is true and important.

I wanted to tell you to keep searching and look for the positive, even when things seem 'black'. You have a drive for justice and for what is really important. Your statement about standing behind America, but what about the bombings.....I agree that no one should be proud of bombing anyone!

God/Allah created this earth which we all live on, and 'MAN' is destroying what we are on here to live....the plants, animals, etc.

I think you have the ability to be a great person to help lead others to the right thing!!!! Hang in there, and keep asking and do not give up.

Your honesty in your questions show that you are serious about finding the right answers.

You see, i notice one main difference between the quran and the bible. The bible tells stories about the bad things that people have done, but the quran seems to direct its readers to propogate bad behavior.

For instance, the bible would say "And then Tom smited the kurds for getting with his sister", but the quran says something like "And you should go out and kill he who slept with your sister". See, to me it seems that the bible is pointing out evil things that people have done, whereas the quran suggests that you should go out and do evil things.

My shortest response would be to read other writings of who the creator is.
Every sign in the Qur'an came at particular times in the life of the prophet.(SAW) There was a necessary and clear reason why for each occasion.
These explanations won't be found in one book. This is one reason why Allah requires us to read and learn to our last day.

I don't know if you are sincere or not, Allah is The All Knowing. Many people will easily take your statement and question and be defensive at first. May Allah be pleased with you if your intensions are humble.
"Verily, His Command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says to it, "Be!" – and it is." [Soorah Yaaseen 36:82] [1]
Ibn Abil-’Izz (d.792H) - rahimahallaah – said, “Knowledge of Usoolud-Deen (the fundamentals of the Religion) is the most noble branch of knowledge, since the excellence of a certain type of knowledge depends upon what it is concerned with, and this is the greater Fiqh (understanding), which is why Imaam Aboo Haneefah (d.150H) - rahmatullaahi ’alayhi - called that which he compiled concerning Usoolud-Deen: “al-Fiqhul-Akbar.” (the Greatest Fiqh). The need of the servants for this knowledge is greater than every other need; and it is the most necessary of all things for them, since there is no life for the hearts, nor any delight, nor any tranquility, except through knowing their Lord, the One to be worshipped, their Creator - with His Names, His Attributes and His Actions, and that He - along with all that - is more beloved to the person than anything else. So man’s striving is with regards to everything that will draw him nearer to Allaah, to the exclusion of the creation.

If you're not yet muslim, I wouldn't suggest that you jump right into the Qur'an. Allah The Most Merciful The Benevolent has made islam easy. First we must step back and start over. "Whosoever is in the heavens and on earth begs of Him [its needs from Him]. Every day He has a matter to bring forth" [Sooratur-Rahmaan 55:29].

You will not find any people who believe in Allah and the Last Day, making friendship with those who oppose Allah and His Messenger, even though they were their fathers or their sons or their brothers or their kindred.) Meaning, do not befriend the deniers, even if they are among the closest relatives.
Let not the believers take the disbelievers as friends instead of the believers, and whoever does that will never be helped by Allah in any way, except if you indeed fear a danger from them. And Allah warns you against Himself. (3:28)
"And if the truth were to be in accordance with their desires, then indeed the heavens and the earth - and all that is therein -would be corrupted and ruined." [Al-Mu`minoon (23): 71]

"Indeed Allaah never changes the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves. When Allaah Wills a people’s punishment then there can be no turning it back and neither will they find any to protect them besides Him." [ar-Ra`d (13):11]

"That is because Allaah will never change the favour that He has bestowed on a people until they change what is in their own souls." [al-Anfaal (8):53]

You may contact me personally for more info, I am not always on line.

All that is correct and good is from Allah alone and whatever is false is from myself and shaytan. I repent to Allah that he may have mercy on me.

Masalama:ma:

May Allah guide on to the right path and keep us there.

HARSHNESS IN CENSURING THE WRONGDOER:

Whoever finds in this research of mine anything from harshness, then let him not get carried away and say things like, “He speaks about his brothers and is silent about his enemies (i.e. the disbelievers).” So let it be known that the basic principle in enjoining the good and prohibiting the evil is gentleness and kindness, as Allaah the Exalted said:

“Call to the Way of your Lord with wisdom and a good admonition, and debate with them in a manner that is good.” [Sooratun-Nahl 16:125]

And He said to Moosaa and Haaroon – may the Prayers and Peace of Allaah be upon them both:

“Go to Fir’awn, for verily he has transgressed. So speak to him a gentle word, perhaps he may remember or fear.” [Soorah Taa-Haa 20:43-44]

The Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said: “Gentleness is not found in something, except that it beautifies it. And gentleness is not taken out of something, except that it disgraces it.”[9]

So if an evil cannot be averted, except with a type of roughness, then there is no problem in utilizing it, even if it be with Muslims. Do you not see that Allaah permitted fighting in that, and rudeness is not worse than fighting. So Allaah the Glorified said:

“And if two groups from the Believers fight, then reconcile between them. So if one of them oppresses the other, then fight the one that commits oppression until it returns to the Command of Allaah.” [Sooratul-Hujuraat 49:9]

So the Believer must be much more severe in the harshness towards his brother, than the enemies of his brother; do you not see that Moosaa (’alayhis salaam) was gentle with Fir’awn, and harsh upon his own brother, Haaroon (’alayhis salaam), to the extent that Allaah the Exalted related about him:

“And he took his brother by the head, and pulled him towards him…” [Sooratul-A’raaf 7:150]

So can anyone dispute with him concerning al-walaa‘ wal-baraa‘ (allegiance and enmity); accusing him of raising his hand and tongue against his brother and being nice to the tawaagheet (false gods)?! Never! Rather, the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) was much more severe with the scholars from his Companions, than he was with other than them. Take as an example his statement to Mu’aadh, when he lengthened the Prayer with the people, “Are you a person who causes fitnah (trouble), O Mu’aadh?” [10] And this comes along with his (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) gentleness to the Bedouin who urinated in the mosque, as is reported in Saheehul-Bukhaaree and others. [11] And he (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said to Usaamah Ibn Zayd (radiyallaahu ’anhu), when he was fighting a disbeliever in the battlefield who had just uttered the word of Tawheed, “O Usaamah! Do you fight him after he has said that there is no deity worthy of worship besides Allaah?!” Usaamah said: “So I did not cease repeating it (i.e. the testification of faith), until I was no longer certain that I had accepted Islaam before that day.” [12]

Indeed Usaamah benefited from this harshness in advising, during the days of fitnah (trials/tribulations) that occurred after the murder of ’Uthmaan (radiyallaahu ’anhu). So he stayed away from spilling the blood of the Muslims. Imaam adh-Dhahabee (d.784H) – rahimahullaah – said, “So Usaamah benefited since that day with the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) when he said, “O Usaamah!?” So he stopped his hand and remained in his house, and thus attained good.” [13]

I say, how magnificent is the Prophetic education! And how wretched is the education of hizbiyyah (party-spirit) which has prohibited the principle of ar-radd ’alal-mukhaalif (censuring the opponent), and its proponents do not stay away from spilling the blood of the Muslims, rather, they take to spilling it in the name of jihaad. And the time of fitnah does not come, except that self-delusion is its fuel, or fire-place. This is the result of acting deceitfully towards each other, with the self-delusion of being pre-occupied with the disbelievers!! And due to that, Ibn Taymiyyah (d.728H) -–rahimahullaah – said, “The Believer to the Believer is like two hands, one of them washing the other. And indeed the dirt cannot be removed, except by some form of coarseness. So cleanliness and softness only comes about by obligating that initial roughness.” [14]

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
As Salaamu Alaykum
No doubt the brothers and sisters here gave a detailed answer (and may Allah be pleased with them). Though, Allah Willing, I'll give an answer to each verse.

Someone has lied to you. The Qur'an actually says there:

"O ye who believe! Fight the Unbelievers who gird you about (I.E. fight you). And let them find firmness in you: and know that Allah is with those who fear Him" (Qur'an 9:123)

Here's a link to it: http://www.wright-house.com/religions/islam/Quran/9-repentance.html (look for the verse).

Abdullah Yusuf Ali, the (now dead, may Allah have mercy on Him) man who translated the Qur'an into an excellent English translation, has said (and I'm paraphrasing) that this verse clearly means that we should not take the unbelievers as protectors. As in, don't trust a non-Muslim to guard you and to always help you.

Of course we can take them as friends, though. Allah says to be kind to the unbelievers and have mercy on them unless they fight you first.

Also, show me those passages which state that we should, in any way, trick the innocent unbelievers by acting like we care for them.

Infidel is Latin for "faithless" (I.E. a non-believer), so I don't see how this verse is cruel. Those who say Jesus is God (Allah forgive me for mentioning thisblasphemy) is not a Muslim. That's what the verse says.

When Allah says "smite above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them", he is speaking about war. When the Qur'an was revealed, war was fought with swords and men wore body armor; and the points where the armor didn't cover the man and/or the spots where it'll be a one-blow death and/or the spots that would weaken the man was the fingers and above the neck.

Allah of course instills terror into the hearts of the unbelievers when they fight you. The verse, as we can see, is talking about Jihad (which is when a Muslim fights someone who attacked him/her first (as the Qur'an states it)). While in Jihad, Allah instills terror into the hearts of the unbelievers whilst strengthening the believers (I.E. giving them more courage).

This verse is talking about non-believers who wish to convert Muslims to their religion so that we may be like them (I.E. "(all) alike"). Allah says that we shouldn't take them as friends and/or protectors because then we may get converted (and a man almost always follows his friends).

So, the verse is saying (for example): you shouldn't get very close to a Christian Missionary lest he decieve you and makes you follow Christianity.

Also, Abdullah Yusuf Ali uses the word "renegade" instead of "turn back" (in the verse). Renegade basically means "if they fight you". And as we know, we are allowed to defend ourselves when one fights us first.

May Allah remove your doubts and strengthen your faith.

A

abdul_aziz

Noor to shine

what Islam is for

Peace heyitsme;

Islam was meant to mentain life, dignity, happiness, equality, high morality , modesty, honesty, purity, justice..........etc........all that is noble...... for humans ; all that our humanity is missing badly......those sick people who are attacking islam are turning their backs to their own cure they are not hurting muslems but their own souls..........Those verses were revealed to the prophet salla Allah alihi wa sallam to treat the most harsh and cruel enemies of Truth who started a most barbaric war against the noble values Islam brought to humanity.(since Islam is against their arrogance, against their selfishness , against their ignorance........against any evil within humans)...you have to study history and learn what kind of People were trying to stop the light of God to spread among humanity......it was the will of God that this message should be told since it is the final message of heavens.:SMILY259: