US Military

Status
Not open for further replies.
America has been always rude especially their goverment they terrorising muslims.

That's funny because I am born Muslim...my family has lived and thrived here for many many years. We've had help when in times of despair, we've had neighbors looking out for us who by the way are non muslims MashaAllah and also, we've been accepted with open arms everywhere we've ever gone.

It's funny you write this because..I, nor my family, nor my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters here. have ever been TERRORIZED by Americans. But I have had family who live in a Muslim country be robbed, terrorized, and one even killed by fellow "Brothers" in Islam.

To state and generalize that the whole of a population or country has one mission is very hypocritical of some Muslims who know all to well in certain instances what REAL opression and terror is like whether it be at the hands of Americans or their own.

This mentality, this constant..."oh poor me" does nothing for the Ummah but arise anger and feeds off ignorance.

I wonder sometimes if I am the only person who sees this. I wonder sometimes if I am the only Muslim who feels that by trying to represent Islam to the best of my ability and change peoples perception falls on deaf ears because right behind my pleas, right behind my shouts, there are louder ones constantly constantly affirming to others of different religions and cultures what they see in the media is true...what they hear is true.

You know, once I read a story about a femal dog who was paralyzed somehow when given birth or just prior to it. She could not use her back legs but she fought to survive anyway by draggin her two hind legs. All her puppies went on to learn to walk the same despite the fact that their legs were all fine.
This to me is a very powerful story and can be compared to the state of the Ummah these days.

If an outsider see only bad things and hear only bad insulting words coming from Muslims, and they are surrounded with this constantly, they will learn that this is the way. This is all they will know of Islam. They will not ever think otherwise. Instead of learning compassion and tolerance, and learning the true behavoir and ways of a Muslim.

If you feel we are opressed and forever targeted in this world...then I say...STAND AND SHOUT SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!! Obviously what has been going on is not changing anyone's perception so if we keep doing the same things...saying the same things over and over again and showing people the same things...then it is us who fail our beloved Prophet salalahu alayhi wa salam...it is us who contribute to the state of the Ummah and the atrocities that take place against our fellow Muslim brothers and sisters in other parts of the world...and yes, I can even say here at home.

I make it apoint to show each and every person I meet the true Islam and never to get angry at their ignorance and never to show them anger at the ridiculous stuff the government does or does not do...because if I do point those fingers, there are three always pointing back at me.

I am a Muslim!!!! I vow each day to represent the true Islam. Can you say the same? Or do like to throw out insults and play the victim???

safiya58

It would be superficial to say all US soldiers are bad. But their decision to support the war in Iraq is bad. Every single soldier there decided to go to this war by himself. Most of them are there for there own benefit. So they hope to get the opprtunity for a better education or job etc... But isn´t it the same like when I´m poor and have nothing to support my family and there is someone who is offering me the money I need for me and my family but only when I kill someone I don´t know... so would it be a justification when I estinguish an innocent life just to have a better life by myself? In exceptional cases it becomes clear how important religion and a firm believe in Allah is. We ask Allah to guide us to the straight path in our prayers (surah al fatiha) cuz no human being no matter how pious he is is able to find the straight path by himself.... this soldiers are not muslims and we can not expect them to be just! However there are crimes happening in Iraq.... Allah is Al Muntaqim...........

dianek

That's funny because I am born Muslim...my family has lived and thrived here for many many years. We've had help when in times of despair, we've had neighbors looking out for us who by the way are non muslims MashaAllah and also, we've been accepted with open arms everywhere we've ever gone.

It's funny you write this because..I, nor my family, nor my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters here. have ever been TERRORIZED by Americans. But I have had family who live in a Muslim country be robbed, terrorized, and one even killed by fellow "Brothers" in Islam.

To state and generalize that the whole of a population or country has one mission is very hypocritical of some Muslims who know all to well in certain instances what REAL opression and terror is like whether it be at the hands of Americans or their own.

This mentality, this constant..."oh poor me" does nothing for the Ummah but arise anger and feeds off ignorance.

I wonder sometimes if I am the only person who sees this. I wonder sometimes if I am the only Muslim who feels that by trying to represent Islam to the best of my ability and change peoples perception falls on deaf ears because right behind my pleas, right behind my shouts, there are louder ones constantly constantly affirming to others of different religions and cultures what they see in the media is true...what they hear is true.

You know, once I read a story about a femal dog who was paralyzed somehow when given birth or just prior to it. She could not use her back legs but she fought to survive anyway by draggin her two hind legs. All her puppies went on to learn to walk the same despite the fact that their legs were all fine.
This to me is a very powerful story and can be compared to the state of the Ummah these days.

If an outsider see only bad things and hear only bad insulting words coming from Muslims, and they are surrounded with this constantly, they will learn that this is the way. This is all they will know of Islam. They will not ever think otherwise. Instead of learning compassion and tolerance, and learning the true behavoir and ways of a Muslim.

If you feel we are opressed and forever targeted in this world...then I say...STAND AND SHOUT SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!! Obviously what has been going on is not changing anyone's perception so if we keep doing the same things...saying the same things over and over again and showing people the same things...then it is us who fail our beloved Prophet salalahu alayhi wa salam...it is us who contribute to the state of the Ummah and the atrocities that take place against our fellow Muslim brothers and sisters in other parts of the world...and yes, I can even say here at home.

I make it apoint to show each and every person I meet the true Islam and never to get angry at their ignorance and never to show them anger at the ridiculous stuff the government does or does not do...because if I do point those fingers, there are three always pointing back at me.

I am a Muslim!!!! I vow each day to represent the true Islam. Can you say the same? Or do like to throw out insults and play the victim???

VERY ELOQUENTLY SAID! You are so on target! If only more followed your example! I am moved by your post! This is the kind of muslim I have been longing for!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

dianek

sister dianke what u showed was wiered. coz when somebody killed ur parents then they have no heart for u. i recomend him to put that poor girl away. she has no family nor does she have love. love always comes from family. America has been always rude especially their goverment they terrorising muslims.

Other muslims killed her family....how could you wish death on a child just because her parents were killed. She could be adopted and loved very much like the adoptive parents own child......to me your logic is twisted.

Salem9022

You know, once I read a story about a femal dog who was paralyzed somehow when given birth or just prior to it. She could not use her back legs but she fought to survive anyway by draggin her two hind legs. All her puppies went on to learn to walk the same despite the fact that their legs were all fine. This to me is a very powerful story and can be compared to the state of the Ummah these days.

--First you compared the Muslim Ummah to a Dog, is this what Muslims refer to the state of the Ummah?

--You also said You were Never threatened by any one in America, but your family were terrorized, harrased, robbed in a Muslim country. So You are telling us America a Kaffir country is Better to live in than Muslimc countries where the Adhan is being called and People don't talk nasty about Islam or Allah on TV? Even the Worst Muslim Country on this Earth is Better for Muslims to live in then the Best Kuffar Country because At Least the people there have the belief in La ilah ha illal Lah (None has the right to be worshipped except Allah) And the Adhan is called for people to come and make the salah. You can't have the Love of Islam and Muslims when you downgrade them like this. Before you critized that Muslim country where you family was from, you didn't think that maybe in America there is also robbing, and killing, and threatening? I live here so I know there is more so here then in any Muslim country.

--You also said you feel like you are the only person on this earth trying to represent Islam in it's best way and you want to shout out to something because you feel the media in America is trying to label muslims as terrorists, and you are fighting with yourself not to listen to those voices. loooooooooooooool okay didn't this just negate what you just earlier about Muslim countries being Bad and cruel to Your family? when you have media hampering down on Islam like you said.

--Also which insulting words we said here? I didn't see any cursing here. And we can carelss what the Kuffar say and do, we follow the Qur'an and Sunnah we don't follow the likes and dislikes of the Kuffar, al7umdulillah many non-Muslims are accepting Islam regardless of what the Media says because they studied Islam and Tawheed and accept the Oneness of Allah, if you want to base Islam on the action of Muslims, then only a few people would have been Muslims.

--You also said It is we who contribute to the sate of the Ummah and You just down played a Muslim Society when you said they rob, and steal etc. but you are concerned about the State of the Ummah? Yes these things Happen but we shouldn't use that in order to judge a society even in America this happens.

abdellah007

--First you compared the Muslim Ummah to a Dog, is this what Muslims refer to the state of the Ummah?

--You also said You were Never threatened by any one in America, but your family were terrorized, harrased, robbed in a Muslim country. So You are telling us America a Kaffir country is Better to live in than Muslimc countries where the Adhan is being called and People don't talk nasty about Islam or Allah on TV? Even the Worst Muslim Country on this Earth is Better for Muslims to live in then the Best Kuffar Country because At Least the people there have the belief in La ilah ha illal Lah (None has the right to be worshipped except Allah) And the Adhan is called for people to come and make the salah. You can't have the Love of Islam and Muslims when you downgrade them like this. Before you critized that Muslim country where you family was from, you didn't think that maybe in America there is also robbing, and killing, and threatening? I live here so I know there is more so here then in any Muslim country.

--You also said you feel like you are the only person on this earth trying to represent Islam in it's best way and you want to shout out to something because you feel the media in America is trying to label muslims as terrorists, and you are fighting with yourself not to listen to those voices. loooooooooooooool okay didn't this just negate what you just earlier about Muslim countries being Bad and cruel to Your family? when you have media hampering down on Islam like you said.

--Also which insulting words we said here? I didn't see any cursing here. And we can carelss what the Kuffar say and do, we follow the Qur'an and Sunnah we don't follow the likes and dislikes of the Kuffar, al7umdulillah many non-Muslims are accepting Islam regardless of what the Media says because they studied Islam and Tawheed and accept the Oneness of Allah, if you want to base Islam on the action of Muslims, then only a few people would have been Muslims.

--You also said It is we who contribute to the sate of the Ummah and You just down played a Muslim Society when you said they rob, and steal etc. but you are concerned about the State of the Ummah? Yes these things Happen but we shouldn't use that in order to judge a society even in America this happens.

Brother saleem,

our brother outsiderlookingN has stated his case by using "I"

"I, nor my family, nor my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters here. have ever been TERRORIZED by Americans. But I have had family who live in a Muslim country be robbed, terrorized, and one even killed by fellow "Brothers" in Islam."

I do understand your point of view about not taking Kuffars as Awlia. we may not agree with Dianek but we understand that her knowledge about our deen is limited. let s encourage and bring her proofs from Quran and Sunnah, if she is ignoring it then it s up to her. I disgree with her in many things. her limited belief does not allow her accepting our beloved prophet s sunnah at the moment, let us helping her insha allah.

Till when we will say " there is bad ad good in both people and countries "

Doris

subhnallah, the only "muslims" who feel comfertable among the kuffar are the apologetic ones. The ones who are shaved and their face looks like that of a woman and have bought rib'a houses, with credit cards, who listen to music like the firm believers listen to the Qur'an. Allah Azauajal has said in the Quran: Ya ayuhal ladhina amanu la ta'takhidhu a'duiy ua a'duukum auliyah." O you who beleive don't take as friends My and your enemies." Those peole need to wake up and smell the coffee.

AmericanTeenager

*Sigh* And to think how enthusiastic I was to have found a community which I *thought* was full of people dedicated to the religion of peace. And yet every time I see a post of compassion, reason and understanding, like outsider's, I see it almost invariably followed by one like this, pointing out every single fault in it rather than taking the entire meaning.

My country lost many people in the 9/11 attacks, and if you think you are the only ones losing lives in Iraq then you are truly blind and foolish besides. And yet I have no hate for Islam, because I know that it does not teach violence.

So, to everyone who has done such, I ask you: How can you possibly post such hateful and violent things about America and non-Muslims in general, and still claim to follow the true teaching of Islam? Doesn't the Qur'an say to treat ALL others with respect and kindness? Does it not say that God will test each and every soul through hardships? I am no scholar, and neither am I a philosopher, but I believe that every one of you that lets yourself be filled with hate based on the actions of others is failing that test.

Salem9022

Brother saleem,

our brother outsiderlookingN has stated his case by using "I"

"I, nor my family, nor my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters here. have ever been TERRORIZED by Americans. But I have had family who live in a Muslim country be robbed, terrorized, and one even killed by fellow "Brothers" in Islam."

I do understand your point of view about not taking Kuffars as Awlia. we may not agree with Dianek but we understand that her knowledge about our deen is limited. let s encourage and bring her proofs from Quran and Sunnah, if she is ignoring it then it s up to her. I disgree with her in many things. her limited belief does not allow her accepting our beloved prophet s sunnah at the moment, let us helping her insha allah.

Till when we will say " there is bad ad good in both people and countries "

Well akhi, even that statement alone is misleading because we even have muslims who are living in America who were threathened, and also let's not become a mouthpiece for muslims in America, none of us are and no organization in America is.

Also Dianek needs to understand who is Allah, if She accepts Allah and learns about Tawheed then she will also accept the one who Allah sent and that is Prophet Muhammad and his Sunnah.

Salem9022

*Sigh* And to think how enthusiastic I was to have found a community which I *thought* was full of people dedicated to the religion of peace. And yet every time I see a post of compassion, reason and understanding, like outsider's, I see it almost invariably followed by one like this, pointing out every single fault in it rather than taking the entire meaning.

My country lost many people in the 9/11 attacks, and if you think you are the only ones losing lives in Iraq then you are truly blind and foolish besides. And yet I have no hate for Islam, because I know that it does not teach violence.

So, to everyone who has done such, I ask you: How can you possibly post such hateful and violent things about America and non-Muslims in general, and still claim to follow the true teaching of Islam? Doesn't the Qur'an say to treat ALL others with respect and kindness? Does it not say that God will test each and every soul through hardships? I am no scholar, and neither am I a philosopher, but I believe that every one of you that lets yourself be filled with hate based on the actions of others is failing that test.

--When did the discussion become about 9-11? Al7umdulillah Islam is clear about these Issues, and those who commited 9-11 were from among the Khawarij and they are Murderes and Oppressors, Islam does not condone killing Innocent people, and nor does Islam condone American rape, Pillage, terrorism in Iraq. Both are forbidden in Islam. We can't take one side and leave the other alone.

--Where is the hateful speech that we are preaching?? or cursing? Even with what America is saying and doing, We as Muslims CAN'T say "Death to America" because there are Muslims living there. So which hateful speech we are saying?

--We can't become Apologetic here, nor can we take any side, we follow the Qur'an and the Sunnah, and those who go against the Qur'an and Sunnah we have to talk against it, whether they be Americans or Non-Americans.

dianek

But oh, that's right, my opinions matter nothing because I'm an American.

This post and your previous post I totally agree with. I think I would be more inclined to be committed more to islam if I could find a group of REVERT American muslims.....don't say I am racist as AMERICAN can mean people of all walks of life, just born and raised here.........there is too much political anger and religious anger brought into from those in other countries. So rigid, so cold, so unyielding to see both sides of an issue.

dianek

One last thing.....I do KNOW WHO GOD IS! I am clear about that! I talk to God all day everyday! Don't pretend to know me or my heart. And no one said the people in Iraq doing wrong are overlooked....they are not! But you seem to overlook the plight of those in Iraq being beaten, killed and worse at the hands of other Muslims.......no one recognizes that do they?

D.Ahmed

Believer
Can we all please end this debate now??? Its getting boring and out of hand so Mods just have a final say in this matter and end it peacefully thankyou!

palestine

Servant of Allah
9-11 attacks, wow. you know what we as muslims never agreed that an entire people should be bombed. but you all act as if we hate all americans- wrong! we don't hate all of them, only those who make the muslims suffer. not only do we hate the americans who kill our brothers but we also hate the israelites who kill and torture our palestinian brothers and sisters. and how can a muslim have sympathy for a soldier who went to a muslim land to kill MUSLIMS. hello! we understand how painful 9-11 was, not only did it affect americans but also non americans. and we Muslims do not have to apologize for that, because we are not the ones who commanded those people whoever they were to blow up american cities. and might i remind you that there is no proof of who actually did the 9-11 attacks. that it was actually Bush himself who was behind it. don't you know he knew two months before the attacks that there was gonna be bombings, yet he NEVER WARNED THE AMERICANS. we don't hate all americans. but those who make us suffer. and dianek you are trying to sympathize with someone who killed MUSLIMS AND WHO WENT TO IRAQ TO KILL THEM, NOT TO SAVE THEM, TO KILL THEM! i will never sympathize with an american or any other soldier who kills even ONE MUSLIM. ya dig! peace out.

safiya58

My dear sister! How can you compare the 9/11 attacks with the Iraq-war?
9/11: 3000 ppl dead, Iraq: 600.000 ppl are dead and there are still ppl dying! And the ppl there have to live with fear of becomming the next victims... cuz there is no security due to the war.. most are disabled and most children come deformed to the world... gues why? And who is responsible for 9/11? The same ppl who started the war in Afghanistan and Iraq! 9/11 was an inside job! It was a justification to attck Afghanistan and Iraq.

Have you seen the pictures of Abu Ghraib...? When someone rapes your sister, torture your brother and has no respect for your religion how can you not hate him. Of course not all soldiers are bad and Í believe also there are Americans who know that this war is not just and stand against it... but in the hearts this pictures will always remain...... when sth evil is done to you you can forgive but when you remain silent after knowing evil is done to others, no matter what there religion is, then it would be not just

safiya58

One last thing.....I do KNOW WHO GOD IS! I am clear about that! I talk to God all day everyday! Don't pretend to know me or my heart. And no one said the people in Iraq doing wrong are overlooked....they are not! But you seem to overlook the plight of those in Iraq being beaten, killed and worse at the hands of other Muslims.......no one recognizes that do they?

Do you know why the ppl kill each other there....? It was the Americans who played-off them to each other. Cuz when there are no problems in Iraq the US have not a reason to stay there anymore and they are not thinking to leave Iraq yet

I see none of the pro-military people have bothered to address any flaws they may have seen with the argument in my other post. Unfortunately some people will forever be blinded by nationalism.

Monochrome

I am anti-military, and I believe that peace should be achieved through words and not violence. However, I can not judge everyone who serves in the American military as being immoral. There are decent solders out there who are compassionate and kind, as there are cruel ones.

That is a beautiful story. I am very happy that the child is okay.

My own father serves in the Canadian military, and every day I hope that he not be called to duty.

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
Salam

This topic has been dragged on toooooo long. guys enough is enough why are we aruing over this? subhanallah ...get a grip everyone pls..ive got a headache by reading all your comments...its really sad wallah ..i dunno the intentions of the person who started this thread but for future advice pls refrain from making threads that create such hostility and bickering especially over "kind US soldiers" its really not worth it devte your time to quran or learning the deen wasalam ....

Status
Not open for further replies.