US vetoes UN resolution condemning Israeli settlements

Abu Talib

Feeling low
The US has vetoed an Arab resolution at the UN Security Council condemning Israeli settlements in the Palestinian territories as an obstacle to peace.

All 14 other members of the Security Council backed the resolution, which had been endorsed by the Palestine Liberation Organisation.

It was the first veto exercised by the Obama administration which had promised better relations with the Muslim world.

A Palestinian official said the talks process would now be "re-assessed".

Washington was under pressure from Israel and Congress, which has a strong pro-Israel lobby, to use its veto.
Stalled negotiations

The Obama administration's decision risks angering Arab peoples at a time of mass street protests in the Middle East, the BBC's Barbara Plett reports from the UN.

It had placed enormous pressure on the Palestinians to withdraw the resolution and accept alternatives, but these were ultimately rejected.

While stating that it opposed new settlements, the administration argued that taking the issue to the UN would only complicate efforts to resume stalled negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians on a two-state peace deal.

"Unfortunately, this draft resolution risks hardening the positions of both sides," said the US Ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice.

The resolution, sponsored by at least 130 countries, declared Israeli settlements in Palestinian territories were illegal and a "major obstacle to the achievement of a just, lasting and comprehensive peace".

Speaking from Ramallah in the West Bank, PLO secretary general Yasser Abed Rabbo said the US veto was "unfortunate" and "affected the credibility of the US administration".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12512732

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
So even two states living together in peace and security.

25c8a6d11a3b774.jpg

arzafar

US has vetoed every resolution resolution against Israel since 1972. The last veto vote was in 2006.

MalikBrother

Because of this, sooner or later the whole world would start to question USA integrity and incredibility of USA administration. Either way, USA would never be trusted again in the future. Still, Israel would care less about USA. I think it's better that way. Therefore, when the time come, both countries would no longer be trusted together in the future.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

The USA is part of the terrortories of the Zionist state of Israel. What part do you not understand. It has been in the makings since 1848. Wake up people.

Here I go again: Obama is the puppet of the Zionist. Why are you surprised.

Americans are out of work and starving. I am waiting for us to wake up and join the rest of the world. We need to strike. I say bravo to the people of the states of Wisconisn and Ohio.

Wake up sheeple and understand the Zionists who have occupied the US are doing us wrong.

Ibn Uthaymin

Because of this, sooner or later the whole world would start to question USA integrity and incredibility of USA administration. Either way, USA would never be trusted again in the future. Still, Israel would care less about USA. I think it's better that way. Therefore, when the time come, both countries would no longer be trusted together in the future.

I dont think anyone would question US power unequivocally. Some may here and there, but when your a superpower you have a monopoly over lots of things.

..I hope the Chinese become dominant soon, they dont seem to be against Muslims that much.

Then again, I could be wrong

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

There are between 25 to 100 million Muslims in China. There have been reports that the Yugar suffer.

MalikBrother

I dont think anyone would question US power unequivocally. Some may here and there, but when your a superpower you have a monopoly over lots of things.

..I hope the Chinese become dominant soon, they dont seem to be against Muslims that much.

Then again, I could be wrong

Remember, Roman, Germany, Russia, UK and they all have fazed quickly, and their credibility were shot down. It was USA that revived the lost reputation for country like UK, and had friendly image back then. Pretty soon, USA would join them regardless of how superpower the nation can be. Let's not forget the history how superpower the nation has always fell apart quickly, but destabilized nations, however survived much longer because of faith/religions.

MalikBrother

^ UN would be no longer available after the arrival of Hazrat Isa (PBUH). It would be more like Islamic Khalifa organization and Insha'Allah, we will witness that pretty soon, Ameen!

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:bismillah:
:salam2:

To Be Or Not To Be
Palestine Did Not Belong To Israel!

~May Allah swt Help The Palestinian~Amin!

:jazaak:
Thank you for sharing this post
brother.

Take care!
~Wassalam .