Serious Using Social Media to Counter Niqab Ban in the UK

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Actually these exceptions do exist unless you want to dismiss the opinions of Muslim scholars who have studied the religion for a very long time. A woman must unveil her face when she is in court or involved in a case so that the judge knows who she is especially if she ia testifying. I know you dont like Islamqa but they hold the view that niqab is waajib but even they gave exceptions for when a woman must or can remove her veil. Here is the link: http://islamqa.info/en/2198

The non-muslim public had to get used to muslim women in hijabs and abayas, the non-muslim employers had to get used to Muslims taking short breaks for prayer and holidays etc. So Im sure if we as Muslims be patient and explain they would get used to the niqab as well.

Last edited:

Precious Star

Actually these exceptions do exist unless you want to dismiss the opinions of Muslim scholars who have studied the religion for a very long time. A woman must unveil her face when she is in court or involved in a case so that the judge knows who she is especially if she ia testifying. I know you dont like Islamqa but they hold the view that niqab is waajib but even they gave exceptions for when a woman must or can remove her veil. Here is the link: http://islamqa.info/en/2198

The non-muslim public had to get used to muslim women in hijabs and abayas, the non-muslim employers had to get used to Muslims taking short breaks for prayer and holidays etc. So Im sure if we as Muslims be patient and explain they would get used to the niqab as well.

I try not to avoid the Quran and Sunnah. The Quran does not instruct me to follow a website. Many many men tell the world they are scholars. We have no way of accessing their credentials. We must be very careful not to unduly elevate website scholars, as shirk is the greatest do all things. Unless there is Hadith that clearly sets out the criteria for accepting their rulings, we cannot equate a website like islamqa with Hadith and sunnah.

Here is something that will challenge your notions of what ought to be accepted as a "rule" -- many so-called scholars in North America do not agree that a niqab can be lifted in an open courtroom. A courtroom is open to the public, and any man can sit in and watch the proceedings. That is why it is a courtroom, so that the"appearance" of justice can be done. So if a woman is giving testimony about a sexual assault for example, any man can walk off the street and watch her testify. There is a well-publicized case in my country where religious scholars refused to allow this woman to remove her niqab.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
I try not to avoid the Quran and Sunnah. The Quran does not instruct me to follow a website. Many many men tell the world they are scholars. We have no way of accessing their credentials. We must be very careful not to unduly elevate website scholars, as shirk is the greatest do all things. Unless there is Hadith that clearly sets out the criteria for accepting their rulings, we cannot equate a website like islamqa with Hadith and sunnah.

Here is something that will challenge your notions of what ought to be accepted as a "rule" -- many so-called scholars in North America do not agree that a niqab can be lifted in an open courtroom. A courtroom is open to the public, and any man can sit in and watch the proceedings. That is why it is a courtroom, so that the"appearance" of justice can be done. So if a woman is giving testimony about a sexual assault for example, any man can walk off the street and watch her testify. There is a well-publicized case in my country where religious scholars refused to allow this woman to remove her niqab.

May Allah protect me shirk. Sister they simply give you the opinions of great and well known scholars of Islam, men who dedicated their entire lives to learning, and teaching others about Islam. Scholars such as Shafa'i, Ahmad bin Hanbal and this particular topic they went with the opinion of ibn Qudaamah. These men based their decisions and opinions on the hadiths of the Prophet and the Quran. The scholars are the inheriters of the Prophets. They cannot be simply dismissed. I worship no one but Allah but I also love and respect these wonderful scholars of Islam, may Allah bless each and every one of them for their hard work.

What scholar says a woman cannot show her face in a court room? How is she supposed to be known and how is her testimony to be taken seriously if the judge and witnesses cannot identify her? Her showing her face is for an impirtant purpose. She can make requists to put tge blinds down so no one from the outside sees her. But for court cases, marriage proposals, and settling debt or buying and selling she can show her face if she wants and Allahu A'lam.

InshaaAllah I hope I am making sense. I dont want to keep repeating myself so inshaaAllah I will refrain from posting on this thread anymore. I think I have explained everything I wanted to explain. Salaam:)