uuuuh confiused...

Status
Not open for further replies.

aminaAfrah

La ilaaha illal laah
salam to all :hijabi:
Brothers and Sisters,can you tell me something more about birthdays?? i heard different opinions that we can celebrate and can not. You've got more knowledge than me so plz explain me this.maybe some proofs??:SMILY27:

Musulmanin

www.islamqa.com

Question:
what is the evidence on celebrating birthdays,is it allowed in islam?

Answer:

The evidence in the Qur’aan and Sunnah indicates that celebrating birthdays is a kind of bid’ah or innovation in religion, which has no basis in the pure sharee’ah. It is not permitted to accept invitations to birthday celebrations, because this involves supporting and encouraging bid’ah. Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Or have they partners with Allaah (false gods) who have instituted for them a religion which Allaah has not allowed…?” [al-Shoora 42:21]

“Then We have put you (O Muhammad) on a plain way of (Our) commandment. So follow that, and follow not the desires of those who know not. Verily, they can avail you nothing against Allaah (if He wants to puish you). Verily, the zaalimoon (wrongdoers) are awliyaa’ (protectors, helpers, etc.) to one another, but Allaah is the Wali (Protector, Helper) of the muttaqoon (pious).” [al-Jaathiyah 45:18-19]

“Follow what has been sent down unto you from your Lord, and follow not any awliyaa’ (protectors, helpers, etc.) besides Him. Little do you remember!” [al-A’raaf 7:3]

According to saheeh reports, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever does something that is a not part of this matter of ours (i.e., Islam) will have it rejected” (reported by Muslim in his Saheeh); and “The best of speech is the Book of Allaah and the best of guidance is the guidance of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The most evil of things are those which have been newly invented (in religion), and every innovation is a going astray.” There are many other ahaadeeth that convey the same meaning.

www.islamqa.com

Durriyyah

Forever Student
:salam2:

Yes, there is a lot of conflicting sources on this. A friend of mine though took the stance of "Allah won't ask me why I DIDNT celebrate birthdays on the Day of Judgement" so she made the choice to not celebrate birthdays. In some aspects where it is not always crystal clear, we should ask ourselves in which stance would there be no question whether Allah would accept our behavior or not.

Imran_00

Descendent of Aadam

Yes, there is a lot of conflicting sources on this. A friend of mine though took the stance of "Allah won't ask me why I DIDNT celebrate birthdays on the Day of Judgement" so she made the choice to not celebrate birthdays. In some aspects where it is not always crystal clear, we should ask ourselves in which stance would there be no question whether Allah would accept our behavior or not.

walaaikum asslaam

yes prophet Muhammed (PBUH) said that halaal is clear and haraam is clear. what is in between is doubtfull . so avoid it.

salaam allaikum

MSyed

"The evidence in the Qur’aan and Sunnah indicates that celebrating birthdays is a kind of bid’ah or innovation in religion, which has no basis in the pure sharee’ah. It is not permitted to accept invitations to birthday celebrations, because this involves supporting and encouraging bid’ah."

I wander, how could celebrating birthday, or celebrating other accasions like graduation from school etc. be considered a "bidah" or an innovation in religion? Bidah by definition I think, is innovation in a religious activity.

sajjuaiah

:ma:

May Allah help you sister; please dont get confuse.
Islam is very easy if you follow the straight path.

PLEASE FOLLOW QURAN AND THE SUNNAH OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD.
S.A.W.

Please follow the Salaf.

May Allah help us all.

KING JUNAID

salam
I say a person should think with his own intellect a thing which is doubtful for HIM. Celebrating Birthdays if you think correctly is a waste of time,waste of money, and most important an act of non-muslims.

melissa123

Not Junior Anymore!!
I thought it would be ok to aknowledge the day that Allah gave you life, I mean, you shouldnt go overboard with anything and spend heaps of money. This is my opinion, is it ok to do this?

halah

salam to all :hijabi:
Brothers and Sisters,can you tell me something more about birthdays?? i heard different opinions that we can celebrate and can not. You've got more knowledge than me so plz explain me this.maybe some proofs??:SMILY27:

I came across this a statement ''I was amazed of that one who becomes upset for the decrease of his wealth while he doesn't for the decrease of his lifetime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!''

I'm not quite sure of what we celebrate with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The year which passed and we do not know whether our good deeds have been accepted or not???????????????
Or we celebrate with the coming year which we don't know what we'll gonna do in it??????????????????
In my humble opinion the whole matter doesn't deserve celebration ,otherwise we have to cry and ask Allah to forgive us our previous sins and help us all to be righteous muslims in our coming days.

You can chek this link

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=1027&ln=eng&txt=celebrating of birthday

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
:ma:

May Allah help you sister; please dont get confuse.
Islam is very easy if you follow the straight path.

PLEASE FOLLOW QURAN AND THE SUNNAH OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD.
S.A.W.

Please follow the Salaf.

May Allah help us all.

I agree 1000%.... :ma:

abdellah007

salam

I thought it would be ok to aknowledge the day that Allah gave you life, I mean, you shouldnt go overboard with anything and spend heaps of money. This is my opinion, is it ok to do this?

yes sister but in the other side, why we dont feel sorry for the past years and what we had done in it. i think we should feel sorry instead of celebrating the start of the new year in our lives.especialy that we re sinfull more than pious.

melissa123

Not Junior Anymore!!
yes sister but in the other side, why we dont feel sorry for the past years and what we had done in it. i think we should feel sorry instead of celebrating the start of the new year in our lives.especialy that we re sinfull more than pious.

What about if it is for children? Personally i dont care much for celebrating my birthday, but a child is innocent, i thought that in this case it would be different. And again, i remind you i dont mean have a huge party and spend so much money, just a small celebration of the birthdate.

halah

What about if it is for children? Personally i dont care much for celebrating my birthday, but a child is innocent, i thought that in this case it would be different. And again, i remind you i dont mean have a huge party and spend so much money, just a small celebration of the birthdate.

Dear sister, what if you have a celebration for your child because he or she has memorised a part''Juze'' of Quran or some chapters or even some verses ,wouldn't be better?
At the same time we inspire our children to memorise what they can afford of Quran.May Allah guide us all to follow the footsteps of our beloved Prophet(SAW).

Musulmanin

I've never heard that Muhammad (saw) celebrated his or anybody's birthday. Celebration of birthday is Not part sunnah. The rest is for every individual to decide, some follow Sunnah, some don't.

LIFE4ALLAH

I think that there is not any haram thing on birthday by saying Thanks to Allah subhanatala about life which He have given to us and inviting family member for food.

Ofcourse there can be other occasion for family and friend gathering.If all are within the limites set by Allah subhanatal.

Allah knows the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.