Veil Issue Getting more Ridiculous

umm hussain

I guess all their trying to say there are so many hidden things a woman gets upto under that hijab/Niqab Jilbab so best thing is to ban it to keep us all safe. They are forgetting Islam forbids listening to Music and if she really was listening to anything it might have been Quran or a BRILLIANT lecture that could not wait. lol

A Muslim juror faces jail for contempt of court after allegedly listening to an MP3 player under her hijab headscarf during a murder trial.

The woman in her early 20s was spotted by a fellow juror listening to music as she was meant to be helping try the case of a pensioner accused of bludgeoning his wife to death after 50 years of marriage, police said.

She could now be charged with contempt of court and, if convicted, may be punished with an indefinite jail sentence and an unlimited fine, they said.

Details emerged after the defendant was convicted and Judge Roger Chapple lifted a reporting restriction which prevented previous publication of the details for fear of disrupting proceedings.

The woman had repeatedly arrived late for hearings at Blackfriars Crown Court, central London, and prosecuting lawyer Peter Clarke asked for her to be dismissed.

The judge initially refused, saying it was not necessary, but a day later, he received a note from another juror suggesting that the woman may have been listening to music during the defendant's evidence.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman told reporters that police were called by a judge hearing a case at Blackfriars "regarding the inappropriate actions of a juror."

"A woman was arrested for contempt of court on the direction of the judge," he added. "Following the conclusion of the trial, the judge has requested that the matter be investigated."

Lawyer Benn Maguire, a member of the team prosecuting the murder case, said: "It is unique for all those who are connected with this court to experience a situation where the juror is suspected of listening to a MP3 player under her Islamic headgear."

He added that he expected the woman would go to prison if she was charged and found guilty of contempt.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/britaincourtislam;_ylt=AmP5QjRLcMOhKRxKn1R5hnntiBIF

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
They are not talking about Banning the veil...:rolleyes:

Salam Alaikum

Anyone who listens to an MP3 player during a trial should be tried for contempt of court. Just because she's Muslim doesn't mean she has any special privledges. I mean it's not like she was leaving for salat... that would be something very different.
Just to let you know some Muslims do listen to Music we have no idea what this sister was listening to, that fact is she should've taken her head phones off and been paying attention. Lets not make assumptions here about them wanting to ban the veil or whatever....we think non Muslims have sterotypes about us, but I honestly think we are a little iggnorant about non Muslims too :(

:wasalam:

amyaishazouaoui

Salam Alaikum

Anyone who listens to an MP3 player during a trial should be tried for contempt of court. Just because she's Muslim doesn't mean she has any special privledges. I mean it's not like she was leaving for salat... that would be something very different.
Just to let you know some Muslims do listen to Music we have no idea what this sister was listening to, that fact is she should've taken her head phones off and been paying attention. Lets not make assumptions here about them wanting to ban the veil or whatever....we think non Muslims have sterotypes about us, but I honestly think we are a little iggnorant about non Muslims too :(

:salam2:

Agreed, the woman shouldnt have been listening to her mp3 player anyway.

And being late, whats that all about???:astag: :astag:

Personally i dislike lateness, and i really hate being late myself. Id rather sit in the car park for 15 mins!!! (although i was late for the sisters on saturday, but what can u do with these west midlands buses???:SMILY335: )

umm hussain

Salam Alaikum

, but I honestly think we are a little iggnorant about non Muslims too :(

Walaikum salam . I am not ignorant about non muslims. I was one till three years ago and I am the ONLY Muslim in the History of my family, parents, brothers, extended family included as far as it can be traced back.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best

Sister same here, I wasn't born Muslim, I'm the only Muslim on my side of the family. But that doesn't mean you haven't forgotten what being a non Muslim is like. INshAllah I will never forget my past and inshAllah I will never make sterotypical assumptions either.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

In no way do I excuse the immaturity of the girl. However, I am amazed that a jury would be made of a young girl in her twenties. I recall trying to teach the 20ish crowd. It was as bad as high school. The cell phones, the nonsense, the excuses not to learn. If I were the defendent I would fire my attorney for allowing someone so immature to sit and judge me. Don't blame the girl...she is young.,..blame the system..jury of your peers? and the man was married for 50 years...????

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Salam

Here in Canada someone can be called in for jury duty at the age of 19. Lol could you imagine a 19yr old helping to decide if someone is gulity of murder.

As for the headphones, she's definately old enough to know better, that goes without saying....

Jihan

Salaam,

In no way do I excuse the immaturity of the girl. However, I am amazed that a jury would be made of a young girl in her twenties. I recall trying to teach the 20ish crowd. It was as bad as high school. The cell phones, the nonsense, the excuses not to learn. If I were the defendent I would fire my attorney for allowing someone so immature to sit and judge me. Don't blame the girl...she is young.,..blame the system..jury of your peers? and the man was married for 50 years...????

yeah... isn't it strange they say it is the hijab that needs to be banned instead of saying for cases as serious as murder older people need to be in the jury.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
yeah... isn't it strange they say it is the hijab that needs to be banned instead of saying for cases as serious as murder older people need to be in the jury.

The article is :SMILY209: NOT SAYING THE HIJAB SHOULD BE BANNED....oh boy

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

There are two issues here. One, the older I get the more I respect Islamic jursidpurdence. It makes sense.
Two, no matter how serious the issue i.e. wearing hijab..there will always be the person whose innocence ( immaturity ) makes us redfaced.
This is one of those situations that makes me use the phrase go figure.

omar162

Salaam,

I'm appalled to hear a sister behaving like this. I'm at a loss for words. How in the world would she listen to her mp3 player when there is someone's life at stake? I just hope other people will learn from her mistake not repeat it.

BTW, there are billions of reasons that she could've given to skip her jury duty, which I am not encouraging, but way better than being distracted at a murder trial.

kayleigh

The issue is not with hijab at all, but with the fact that she was listening to an MP3 player. She should have known better and she should have had more respect for the court.

I don't care if she's 20 or not - it's common knowledge that as a juror, you should be paying attention to the proceedings.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
The issue is not with hijab at all, but with the fact that she was listening to an MP3 player. She should have known better and she should have had more respect for the court.

I don't care if she's 20 or not - it's common knowledge that as a juror, you should be paying attention to the proceedings.

AssalaamuAlaikum,

This IS an issue of Hijab, because now this event will be used to further the evil agenda of discriminating the Hijab wearing Muslimahs. Infidels needed a justification, so they found many.

If I be the judge for that lady's case, I would send her to prison for 10 years. She got the wrong benefit of that hijab which is already under oppression and kuffars are finding some justifications to remove it.

Wassalaam.

Globalpeace

Banned
Agreed! This is NOT about Hijab...

Salam Alaikum

Agreed, the woman shouldnt have been listening to her mp3 player anyway.

And being late, whats that all about???:astag: :astag:

Personally i dislike lateness, and i really hate being late myself. Id rather sit in the car park for 15 mins!!! (although i was late for the sisters on saturday, but what can u do with these west midlands buses???:SMILY335: )

Asslamo Allaikum All,

With the utmost respect...

Our respected Sister in Islam should know better then to listen to MP3 when she should be paying attention to the case!

That is contempt of the court.

If Hijab gets banned because of her IMMATURE & STUPID behavior then she deservs the sin on the day of judgement!

In the present day climate, she should know better.

And as a 20 year old, she should be a bit more mature then this...She isn't exactly a kid!