VERY WEIRD STORY N CRAZY

STOCKHOLM, Sweden — A group of Swedish women is making waves by taking their tops off at public swimming pools in a protest against what they call gender-biased rules on swim wear.

About 40 women have joined the network and staged topless protests in at least three cities, said Sanna Ferm, 22, one of the founders of the group called Bara Brost, or Bare Breasts.

"The purpose of the campaign is to start a debate about why women's bodies are sexualized," Ferm said Wednesday.

She said the fact that men can be bare-chested in public swimming pools but not women is "a concrete example of how women have fewer rights than men."

Reactions from other swimmers have ranged from support and encouragement to anger and even indifference, she said.

The network was formed after two women who were swimming topless in a public swimming pool in Uppsala, north of Stockholm, were asked to cover up or leave.

Women can sunbathe topless in the summertime at beaches around Sweden, which is known for its relaxed attitude toward nudity, but they are required to wear tops at public swimming pools.

Inger Groteblad, a manager at the swimming facility in Uppsala, said it was a matter of security.

"We want to make sure that girls don't get subjected to sexual harassment," she was quoted as saying by tabloid Aftonbladet.

The women have filed a complaint against the facility to Sweden's Equal Opportunities Ombudsman.

Asalaamalikum,

:astag:

Some people have no haya (shame) in their game. Some people just fail to reflect.

Martin Luther King, Jr. once said, "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
like seriously..........what women in her right mind would want to show off her breast.........and what man in his right mind would reject not wanting to see a women breast.........result to me will be that women are becoming more sex objects before the protest started.

salam alaikum

dawahforever

Here in Ontario, Canada it is legal for women to take off their tops in summer if they feel hot. ITs been the law for years now. I never saw anyone do it but I heard complaints about a woman doing it in front of everyone's children at Canada's Wonderland (its an amusement park).

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
AllahuAkbar! This is totally the sign of the Last Hour. Women are losing their dignity and calling it feminism and equality for human rights.

How illogical is this: I am going to go out nude so that I appear less of a sex object?

"We want to make sure that girls don't get subjected to sexual harassment," she was quoted as saying by tabloid Aftonbladet.

Very irrational and illogical thinking.

May Allah Ta'allah save us from turmoils of the last hour, Ameen.

Wasalaam.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam alekum

Its just crazy ............
No shame ,no dignity ,no selfrespect AT ALL
Allah SWT made us different from the animals ...He gave us brain

waaleikum salam

Allahu_Hassbi

:salam2:
This is simply IGNORANT.:angryblue::angryblue::angryblue:
Actually this ignorant lady wants to make sure all ladies are harassed.
Simply outrageous.
How illiterate of them.Astaghfirullah.

:wasalam:

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
:bismillah1:

Assalamualaikum

OMG! When I first read this thread I had a good laugh.. but anyhow, I understand how serious this is.

This is so shameful. I feel so bad as a girl replying to this, honestly. Women swim topless? Yuck! Arrrrgggghhh... !

These feminists have really lost the plot, they are out of their mind! My friend went to a Protest once, it was against the Australian troops being sent to Iraq in 2003. Well anyway, she said she came across ladies who were nude and were wearing badges that said that they were against the troops going. These badges were pierced into their "body parts". I was like WTH? when she told me.. YUK!

Akhirah is VERY Close..

Assalamualaikum

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
There is no sin bigger than shirk.

It is just another step down the same slippery slope ... it is not actually a big step down from bikinis IMHO.

I'd not curse them though. Pitiful misguided souls. May Allah help them see the error of their ways. I once heard Shiekh Deedat saying how muslims have this arrogant attitude toward "decadant" westerners. He then mentioned how the infidels of Makkah used to do tawaf (going around) the Ka'aba NAKED while singing and shouting. It is to those people that our beloved prophet (pbuh) was sent and was very keen to guide.

oumyaquine

Fière de ma religion
:salam2:the world is definitly and totally upside down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was born in Uruguay and I was raised in many countries. I'm the last generation of the military dictatorship(I'm almost 32) and no women were able to walk like that on the beech otherwhise she would get arrested. When we moved to Europe twelve years ago and we went for the first time to the beach with my parents, we've seen specially in Spain most of the women almost nude. We were really quite schoked even if we didn't came from a muslim background. This summer we went (my husband ,my children and I)on Hollydays to Morrocco(Tetuan).they were many sisters with hijabs like mine on the beach,(they were all from Europe) but ALL the young arabian girls (and when I mean young I mean almost 13) were wearing bikinis. My daughters (10,6,4)were the only ones that were wearing a swim suit with a skirt. I 'm afraid to say that but munkar is not only in Europe.

koala

unbelievable

:salam2:

this is really crazy istaghfirallah.........so what if they cant show the wee bit of skin left covered by their already skimpy bikinis??? will their chests swell up and explode or something??? ewww God help them!!!!!!!!!! i cant imagine what state of mind theyre in to actually PROTEST for something like that!!...then again Allah knows best

salams:)