Video Downloader needed!

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Alykum everyone. Can someone pleaqse find a video downloader for me? A one that you can download the video by putting in the server? I need it for Dawah purposes. And if anyone can find an Imovie software (for windows if there is any) then I'd appreciate it.

Wa Salam.

AbuArnab

As-Salaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

I am not sure what you mean by "Video Downloader", but insha'Allah, I will try to provide some useful information. Please excuse me if my descriptions are oversimplified - I am ignorant as to how familiar with the subject others might be, so I think it is better to write such that nearly anyone can benefit, insha'Allah.

Insha'Allah, this will assist your Da'wah efforts. May you be rewarded in this life and the next for your desire to convey the true message of Islam to those who have been targeted by the centuries old, multi-billion-dollar campaign to indoctrinate non-Muslims, especially Christians, against Islam, exploiting and playing on virtually every animalistic, 'instinctive' human prejudice, irrational fear and hatred. I believe the most direct path to weakening these lower 'doorways' through which evil has always called to us, is by steadfastly rejecting them and actively seeking objective wisdom and understanding, which can only be granted by the Creator of all that exists. First, however, we must commit and conform ourselves to the path and instructions which the Creator, the Most High, Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'Ala) has revealed to humanity for its own benefit, by the messages and inspired lives of His prophets and messengers.

Please also excuse my long-windedness... Concerning a Video Downloader:

If you would like a program which allows you to type or paste a URL or internet address, which the program then downloads and plays (whether video or other media), I believe Windows Media Player (included with Windows) includes this feature. To use, open WMP, Click "File", then click on "Open URL", and insert the URL or address. If the media isn't 'protected' or encoded in one of a few proprietary formats, it should be possible to save (File - Save) the media to your computer for future use.

A very popular and far more configurable (and free) version of the standard Windows Media Player is "Media Player Classic" (click to download). This program offers many, many options and functions (sometimes too many for some users), but those who enjoy flexibility and fine-tuning will, insha'Allah, like MPC.

You mention that you're looking for an iMovie-style program. Not being familiar with Mac software, I looked this up and it appears to be a movie-making or video-editing software. If you use Windows XP, there should be a built-in "Windows Movie Maker" which is very good for simple editing, inserting titles, captions and effects into most video files. I don't know if it is only included with WinXP Pro or also in Home edition (or Windows ME), but if you don't have access to this program for whatever reason, you may wish to look at the following free video editor:

Bobyte AviTricks

I haven't used this program myself, so I can't comment on its ease of use or features. I can't find any other free video editor, but most of the payware editors offer a trial period, if a short period of use is enough for your needs.

Insha'Allah, this will be helpful for you. :jazaak: :)

Wa Alaikum As-Salaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

dna1987

Muslim Guy
vixy.net

There is another one that can download straight to wma format - I will try find it for you.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Jazakallah Khyr brothers. Actually I was first going to use the iMOVIE and video downloading thing for a project for shcool (Egypt's History, like Sultan Qutuz, Ain Jalut, Al Nabis, the Crusades and stuff) and then I was going to see if it would work really well. And if it did I'd have a good thing to help me to go for the Chechnyan Genocide and Anti Islam people.

Wa Salam.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Brother Abu Arnab do you know how you can add files and stuff you know like subtitles, new pages, etc.? I need to know quickly.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum...

i dunno whatcha up too... :D but Most people just use Windows Movie Maker. It's Free on most computers and already there, and more User Friendly then other programs.

wasalam

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
I've got Movie MAker 2.0 and I can't find one for 2.1

The movie maker breaks up when I'm trying to add in a video.

AbuArnab

I've got Movie MAker 2.0 and I can't find one for 2.1

The movie maker breaks up when I'm trying to add in a video.

As-Salaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu
Dear Brother Abdul Hasib,

Please excuse me, I've been busy lately and haven't been around.

I'm glad to see you're using WMM, since it's easy to use and doesn't cost a lot, like so many other editors.

Just so you know, Windows Movie Maker v2.1 is installed with Windows XP Service Pack 2. If you don't want to install SP2 or can't, insha'Allah I may be able to find a standalone installer if the problems you're having with v2.0 can't be fixed (see below).

Even though WMM is easy to use and fairly well done, there are often problems with crashes and odd behavior if everything isn't just right. There is a website run by a person called "PapaJohn" which covers most of the problems people run into with WMM. Here is the home page: http://www.papajohn.org - See the Java menu to the left, under "Problem Solving" there's an entry for "Crashes and Hangs". This may be helpful.

One particular solution to crashes and hangs is discussed in this forum post:
http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=79370

The fix for the crashing described by the first was to install the Windows Media Encoder.

Please feel free to email me - *Removed* if you think I may be of any help with video editing, techniques or any other aspect of your da'wah project. If you don't mind typing (as I do - please excuse the long-windedness again), that's fine, or perhaps Skype might be used for real-time collaboration.

The address is a free forwarding service which lets me post a working email address on the net without worrying about spam. When spammers' address-harvesting programs pick it up and add it to their lists to be sold and hammered with junk mail, I can drop that account and make another one. For this reason, that address probably won't work after about three weeks, which is about the time it takes for an address posted on a public website to get harvested and to start getting spammed. My apologies to anyone who finds that the address has been canceled.

Wa Alaikum As-Salaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu
-Abu Arnab

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
The Avitricks and AviSplit and the Movie Maker aren't working! I need some more softwares quick! :SMILY26:

And if anyone has the software for DivX, then please give me the code so I can use the already bought software to make a good movie.

And if anyone's got a Movie Maker 2.1 or later, then please post it in an attachment or a link or something.

Jazakallah Kyr.

riskyguy

Allah-hu-Akbar
The easiest way to download videos from any website is, download Internet manager from internetdownloadmanager.com and try it for a month, then search the crack and if you don't get it, tell me i will upload it somewhere.

3aberSabyl

scarfs

Assalam alaykum,,,
my bro & sis don't use cracks or patches ,,there're many free softwares (free & open source) and i think to Cra*cK o (hacking by the Media's Term (even its wrong term)) isnt allowed in islam!
so for downloading media files just use Orbit Downloader Grab++! click here for more informations
if you've last version of Real player (11) you can download any video,flash you like !
(sorry for my bad english)