VOTE AGAINST BURQA BAN IN AUSTRALIA

Fay10

Please circulate this link and vote against banning the Burqa in Australia:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/polls/popup/-/poll_id/55404

The results are overwhelmingly favouring the ban.

It is only with the help of Allah swt and your active participation in WhyIslam can we become the right people to give the right message in the right way to educate America about Islam.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
It depends on what they call a "Burqa"

People in the west use WRONG terms for what we (Muslim women) may wear.
Niqab, Hijab...They all call it a "burqa" e.e

arzafar

i think aussie is a secular democratic country.

secular is just a fancy word meaning that state will not interfere with the individual's religion as long as it doesnt affect the state or other individuals.

At the end of the democracy = theocracy of the majority
Basically when the majority starts fearing the minority, they can legally persecute the minority. this happens in Israel, India, Pakiland and now it's happening in Europe.

simply put it's the numbers game within the legislature.
if the majority says wearing yellow is prohibited. it becomes prohibited.
if the majority says that driving a honda is illegal, it becomes illegal.
if the majority says burka is not allowed, it is not allowed

off course there is the court and human rights and all that. so a bench is formed to hear the case; say its a 7 member bench. It's the majority verdict that counts.

so here are the options that muslims have.
1) hope that majority of the judges will be secret muslims.
2) migrate to muslim majority country which is obligatory anyway
3) have lots of children so that in a generation's time aussiland has a Muslim majority and they can allow the burka.

rayray

i think aussie is a secular democratic country.

secular is just a fancy word meaning that state will not interfere with the individual's religion as long as it doesnt affect the state or other individuals.

At the end of the democracy = theocracy of the majority
Basically when the majority starts fearing the minority, they can legally persecute the minority. this happens in Israel, India, Pakiland and now it's happening in Europe.

simply put it's the numbers game within the legislature.
if the majority says wearing yellow is prohibited. it becomes prohibited.
if the majority says that driving a honda is illegal, it becomes illegal.
if the majority says burka is not allowed, it is not allowed

off course there is the court and human rights and all that. so a bench is formed to hear the case; say its a 7 member bench. It's the majority verdict that counts.

so here are the options that muslims have.
1) hope that majority of the judges will be secret muslims.
2) migrate to muslim majority country which is obligatory anyway
3) have lots of children so that in a generation's time aussiland has a Muslim majority and they can allow the burka.

lol!

...what is the difference between a burqa and a hijab?

I went to Australia relatively recently.. and I have seen many hijabi's, one niqabi, and their airport has a prayer room...every 2 blocks I see at least one Muslim (I only know because they are wearing hijab)

..seems like a pretty neutral country to me... I didn't experience any sort of racism... so that news is pretty shocking