Wait, can inifity exist?

Linkgx1

Yes, the symbol/number.

I ask this because since Allah has no beginning and no end, then how can a number too?

I wonder this...

BintMuhammad

Staff member
:salam2:

There follows a brief explanation of these four things that are to be avoided:

(i) Tahreef (distorting)

What is meant is changing the meaning of the texts of the Qur’aan and Sunnah from their true meaning, which means affirming that the most beautiful names and sublime attributes belong to Allaah, to another meaning which was not intended by Allaah or His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

For example:

They distort the meaning of the Hand of Allaah which is mentioned in many texts and say that it refers to His blessing or power.

(ii) Ta’teel (denying)

What is meant is denying the beautiful names and sublime attributes and saying that Allaah does not possess them or some of them.

Everyone who denies one of the names or attributes of Allaah that are proven in the Qur’aan or Sunnah does not truly believe in the names and attributes of Allaah.

(iii) Tamtheel (likening Allaah to His creation)

This means likening the attribute of Allaah to the attribute of a human being, such as saying that Allaah’s Hand is like a man’s hand, or that Allaah hears as a man hears, or that Allaah rose over the Throne like a man sitting on a chair… and so on. Undoubtedly likening the attributes of Allaah to the attributes of His creation is wrong and false. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“There is nothing like Him, and He is the All‑Hearer, the All‑Seer”

[al-Shoora 42:11]

(iv) Takyeef (discussing how)

This means discussing how the attributes of Allaah are, whereby a person tries to imagine or put into words how the attributes of Allaah are.

This is definitely invalid, and man cannot know this. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“but they will never compass anything of His Knowledge”

[Ta-Ha 20:110]

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=34630&ln=eng

We should avoid comparing Allaah swt with the creations because this can greatly affect our belief towards Him.

But to answer your question, in my opinion a number has a beginning.. either 0 or 1 and it's not infinite because it just repeats itself/redundant. It's only limited to 0-9. Wallaahu Ahlam.