Warm welcome from England

Searcher

Hello everyone, i am very pleased to have joined this forum and i hope, god willing, that i may find my way with your help.

I am a 38 year old englishman who, after visiting KSA and finding freinds there, i feel a calling from Islam. Everything i hear, read and see from my muslim friends feels so clear to me and i find it refreshing from the news that we are force fed here at home in Britain.

Reading guidance and facts about Islam is like drinking crystal clear water and i feel my heart being pulled to the faith but still i trip and stumble when trying to understand what God wants me to do. I need more guidance and friends to help me. I want to 'come home' but i am finding it difficult to source a local place to learn more face to face. I Live in Barnsley South Yorkshire and the Mosque that tried to open here was attacked. I want to help them, i need to help them. What can i do?

Kind regards,

Gordon.

Hi Gordon,

Welcome to TTI, inshallah (God willing) this site will be a rewarding experience and not to mention very resourceful. The brothers and sisters are well knowledgeable and educated, please don't hesitate to ask ANYTHING.

If you truely believe in your heart that Islam is the only way to life, then you should take your shahada (declaration of faith) as soon as possible, because you don't know if you will live the next day, hour, etc.

You should try to watch videos by Shaykh Khalid Yasin (American revert) like "The Purpose of Life" "What is True Success in Life" "Character of a Muslim" "Brotherhood in Islam" and many others.

In my humble opinion you should read the Holy Quran here www.quranexplorer.com/quran

Use this site to find masjids in your area
www.islamicfinder.org

------------------------------------------------------
If you were to trust in Allah genuinely He would provide you provision as He does for the birds which go hungry in the morning and come back full in the evening

Bluegazer

Hello Gordon,

Welcome to this forum!

Click on the following link to view a documentary called "When the Moors Ruled in Europe". It was produced by and aired on Channel 4 in the United Kingdom. It runs for 1 hour and 42 minutes:

[vg]-768956312207897325[/vg]

It is a Western documentary, so not everything in it can be said to reflect the Muslim point of view. The following are some disclaimers:

1- It spoke about how good philosophy is and praised a Muslim philosopher; Averroes [pronounced in Arabic as Ibn Rushd].

Philosophy tends to negate one's trust in God Almighty's scriptures and question His judgements and commands, and one who worships God Almighty should never do that. It has also led to many innovations being added to the religion, and a Muslim should always strive to follow the Qur'an and the authentic sayings of the Prophet [peace be upon him] as understood by the Companions of the Prophet [peace be upon him].

That's why I believe you should read Dr. Bilal Philips' "Fundamentals of Tawheed [Islamic Monotheism]".

2- It talked about how the Almoravides [pronounced in Arabic as al-Murabitun] were "fundamentalists" and did not appreciate civilization. It cited the example of them smashing the heads of statues.

In fact, in Islam, building statues of living creatures with souls [i.e., humans and animals] is forbidden. It is only later when Muslims failed to adhere to these commandments that they started fashioning statues.

And the Islamic ruling against building statues did not prevent early Muslims from building beautiful structures, since they were allowed to use beautiful geometric designs that did not entail drawing living creatures with souls.

3- It talked about how there was music and singing in one of the palaces in Al-Andalus. This does not reflect Islam.

In spite of all of the above and other matters, the above documentary does present a very honest view about Islamic history in the Iberian peninsula, and I'm sure you'll find it very interesting and informative.

Also, click on the following link to view a documentary called "An Islamic History of Europe". It was aired on one of the BBC's channels [BBC Four] in the United Kingdom.

It mentions the role Muslims played in the Iberian peninsula [Spain and Portugal] and in the Italian island of Sicily. It runs for 1 hour and 29 minutes:

[vg]4948121296578586703[/vg]

Again, not everything in this documentary reflects the Islamic religion. Again, I mention their praising of Averroes' philosophy as a problem and their mentioning the "good influence" of "Muslim" music and dancing.

Once you get past these two points, you'll -God willing- find it to be very informative and interesting.

There's also a documentary called "What the Ancients did for Us". Episode 1 of this series is entitled "The Islamic World". It was produced by the BBC and the Open University and aired on the BBC. It runs for 57 minutes:

[vg]9151565736298805805[/vg]

It details some of the inventions of Muslim scientists, and displays how they worked. It's quite entertaining to watch.

I hope you all the best.

Bluegazer

Abu Hannah

Slave of Allah
Allah is our creator

Assalaamu Alaikum Searcher. Let down your inhibitions and open your heart completely as you continue your quest. Remember that when you convert to Islam, you will have a brand new clean slate. All your previous wrong doings will disappear like the stars disappear at dawn. It is a brand new lease on life.

Allah (swt) created you, and you are blessed as you said 'to be called back home'. Life is short, we don't know how many more breaths we will take ..... Walk to Allah, and he will run to you.

:salam2:

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
AsalamAlakum,

Welcome to TTI

It’s nice to have u join this lovely community.

Insha Allah u benefit from us as we from u.

Enjoy ur stay Insha Allah,

Take Care,

Redneck

Hi Gordon,

I'm in the same position as you. I found out a lot about Islam and what I began reading sceptically I ended up taking into my heart. Living in Barnsley- it's not going to be the easiest path for you is it?

I came to Islam because of racial violence against my family. One of my lads got whacked with a baseball bat . A group of Muslim teenagers laid into him , then they made him kneel down and said the next blow would kill him. I spent the night with him in hospital. (Another one got a kicking for walking through the wrong park.)

Now mate I was a little angry about this. The next day I made an online donation to the BNP. I spent two years carrying that hatred in my heart. Two wasted years!

Finally I picked up the courage, walked into a Mosque and calmly confronted the lads in there asking them why it happened. My heart changed in there.

Up here , there are many , many angry people. There's the whole aftermath of the strike still there like some malevolent background radiation. I still occasionally get called Scab when I meet " Yorkshire" and I didn't even work at the pits. It's like someone ripped the top off an ants nest and scattered them about, they just don't know what they are doing and are going to lash out.

I think in their hearts these people desperately want to rebuild their community. I believe without the kind of vision of Islam and the relationship to Allah(SWT) they never will achieve anything more than
a parody of what they had and it could be.

When we were kids we went to church, did scout parades, did school assembly, all that has gone. Where I came from many of the terraces are boarded up. Young parents sit out on the street in summer drinking because there's no jobs. To use a local phase- "Its well knackered mate."

Good starting point though isn't it?

No doubt be seeing you soon. Take care.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Most welcome Searcher and Redneck to TTI!

It makes me happy to know that the truth reveals itself even in the most undesireable circumstances.
Meanwhile, I am saddened by the story of Redneck. What happened to your lads is really sad. When muslim youths choose ignorant and racist approach, it is heartbreaking.
Instead, it would be better had they chose islamic way of handling the matters which would bring about a constructive and healthy change.

The reason for this type of behaviour is lack or absence of true islamic education and immitation of the misguided ones.

Allah swt says in Quran, Al-Muminun-Verse 96: "Repel evil with that which is best: We are well acquainted with the things they say."

There is no doubt that only the light of islam can bring us out of this misery.
Inshaallah, the truth will prevail.

Good luck with your search for truth.

Wassalam

Sagie

salaam brother

It seem to me that ur heart is in the right place...im sure people who are from England are more help to u then me...who is so far away

We are here to support u also....so don't forget that...there great source of knowledge here, if u ever need it...

best wishes to u....peace be upon u

island muslim

Salaam Alaiykum,

My request to the brothers and sisters in the UK is to get in tocuh with searcher and invite him to to the mosque and explain Islam and answer his sincere questions as per our firends request.

If I was in the UK I would do it myself.

Barakallah feekum

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
Assalam Alykom

Hi Gordon and welcome to TTI. We are happy to meet you meet here inshallah. If there is anything I can do inshallah please do not hesistate to PM me inshallah. Again glad to meet you and may Allah ease your way in finding the truth, truley the truth is in Islam. May Allah guide you and guide us all in to the right path.. Amiin, Amiin...

Best regards

Saif...