Interesting (Warning - gross) Brown Recluse Spider

Discussion in 'TurnToIslam Lounge !' started by Mabsoot, Sep 11, 2013.

1. A.Abubaker
    Curious

A.Abubaker Junior Member

Ratings Received:
    +81 / 0
    It is beautiful because of it's proficiency in what it does and because of perfect design.

wolf spiders non aggressive, I wonder what the guy did to pi.s it off. These things act on instinct to protect them selves and to feed they know no better. Treat the with respect ''or vacuum them'' and you would be fine.
  2. Mahzala
    Lurking

Mahzala فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ

Ratings Received:
    +366 / 2
    Spider teeth are known as fangs, and their salivary glands are known as poison glands. And when they bite you, they release neurotoxins, and this then paralyses your nervous system ... and if untreated ... can kill. How goes their ranking on your friendly meter? I'm just saying ... :rolleyes:

Finding anything around the house is annoying. But hey, I love how you threw a mouse in the insect list.
  3. Tabassum07

Tabassum07 Smile for Allah

Ratings Received:
    +436 / 5
    ^ Yeah, now would be a good time for me to just stop talking before I become the TTI-stupid.

Edit: But hey, finding keys you've lost around the house is actually a good thing! Okay, right... *silence*
  4. Mahzala
    Lurking

Ratings Received:
    +366 / 2
    I just think that sort of infection is a sad, miserable and painful thing ...

No no, you're fine, you can call them friendly all you want. It goes without saying you are not the only spider-loving person out there. I mean look at Janaan, she wonders about how to plate the thing up. Does that justify my incomprehension? Sure does :rugby:
  5. Tabassum07

Ratings Received:
    +436 / 5
    :salam:

Which is why me and Janaan fall under the same club for most things. :) Though she actually ponders over whether to have hers poached, steamed or roasted... quite a feast, eh? Sister Harb should put up some spider recipes for her. *roll eyes*
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Hassan
    sunnah

Hassan Laa ilaha ilaa Allah Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +338 / 1
    Lol, this thread is qualifying for "what made you laugh today"

I was going to comment on googling "spiders for lunch" but thought better of it as it is the kind of thing I might google (I might have to now). I'm surprised nobody asked yet if they are halal, but you know, there's some details I don't think I'll ever need and it isn't good to ask too many questions.

Yeah, I've encountered creepier things than spiders, though I don't rate scorpions as creepier, they are kind of awesome. Mice are ok, but rats are pretty grotesque, and top of my list is leeches, especially the big stripy ones.

I was watching on tv a programme they went and found one of the most "deadly spiders in the world", I don't remember what type it was, I was too distracted by seeing an apartment I'd stayed in in the background. Fortunately I've never had to deal with anything too poisonous, mostly it was just creepy looking, so I'm certainly not going to get into a debate about the poisonous ones. Whatever the australian says...
  7. Mahzala
    Lurking

Ratings Received:
    +366 / 2
    Scorpions are awesome, spiders are friendly and wolf spiders are beautiful, and I wonder at my confrontation with anything bigger than a cricket.

I just remember my favourite book on my shelf growing up, about two kilos heavy, called Australia's Dangerous Creatures, and these wolf spider bites were pages I frequented during every reading, which itself was quite frequent. I've almost held a snake in the past, caressed it like it was an orphan child, but have been hesitant to place a crab in the palm of my hand ... anything that crawls ... that causes an itch, goosebumps or the shiver down the spine, not something that falls into my friendly category. Kangaroos though, perfect example of something cute and friendly.

And I was intrigued, googled it, and wow, the variety is overwhelming. Which one to choose?

Spiders-and-coackroaches-for-lunch-Cambodia.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  8. uniqueskates
    Cool

uniqueskates Rabbe Zidni Illma

Java Programmer
    Ratings Received:
    +287 / 1
    a mouse, a lizard, and a mosquito is totally fine with me. I sit unperturbed like a rock. :cool:
    But when I see a cockroach, my zikhr rate just multiplies by 2's. :cold: When it is a flying cockroach, I am nowhere near that room. Never can predict when it will just fly toward you. o_O:cower:
  9. Hassan
    sunnah

Ratings Received:
    +338 / 1
    Cockroaches, yuk!

Now this is getting really creepy:
    105104-SMIT-thumbnail.gif
  10. uniqueskates
    Cool

uniqueskates Rabbe Zidni Illma

Java Programmer
    Ratings Received:
    +287 / 1
    You are the MAN. I mean THE WOMAN!!:SMILY61:
  11. Mahzala
    Lurking

Ratings Received:
    +366 / 2
    There is only one thing you can do with a rolling pin and a spider ...
  12. Hassan
    sunnah

Ratings Received:
    +338 / 1
    I have a childhood event about killing spiders, but I'm not prepared to share it
    They're all like that over there. Fearless
  13. Mahzala
    Lurking

Ratings Received:
    +366 / 2
    I guess that happens when you've just got off one of these, and so the possibility of hesitating to hug a black snake is quite minor. Plus, it was sleeping. Fear levels drop drastically.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  14. Abu Loren

Abu Loren Defender of Islam!

Ratings Received:
    +157 / 3
    Look people it is a proven fact that bugs contain the most protein. Don't knock it they may save your lives one day when you are lost and hungry in the jungle!.
    :indecisiveness:
  15. Seeking Peace

Seeking Peace Junior Member

Ratings Received:
    +99 / 1
    Assalam-o-Alaikum Wr Wb...

man this thread has spun into ewwwwness on its peak lolxxx...

Alhamd-u-lillah am not scared of anything in particular but i do hate spiders...i don't know why but their very look makes me feel eww and itchy...rest is not a big deal for me Alhamd-u-lillah.....

once a mouse, being hunted by my brother while i was making parathas for Sehri 2-3 years ago, ran over my foot and i don't know where did it go..but i was like oh okay its gone and back to parathas lolxxx...(we have a graveyard on the back side of house and the rats and mice used to be pretty much routine stuff...Astaghfirullah..)

oh mahzala sister you reminded me of my mum...my mother (may Allah S.W.T forgive and grant her Jannah...ameen sum ameen) killed two cobra snakes back at our village...i've never seen a live snake though but that really sends shivers down the spine...

(p.s. sis janaan have some mercy lolxxx you really made me almost throw up...yukh...lolxxx)

W'S..
  16. Hassan
    sunnah

Ratings Received:
    +338 / 1
    ^^ That roller coaster is nothing compared to the jahiliya of life before Islam :banana:

If the snake was asleep that is different. I can put my face right up to that of an angry cobra, if it is in the zoo and on the other side of the glass.

Jungle? Is that the jungle around Makkah, if I, in sha Allah, ever reach there, or the one South of the Thames?
  17. Tabassum07

Ratings Received:
    +436 / 5

I have to admit, I got pretty scared just *watching* that roller coaster. I'd rather have a pet spider in a cage than ride anything like that.

Mahzala, you are truly an oxymoron - how can you pet snakes and yet be scared of itsy bitsy spiders? Forget the big creepy ones, the small household spiders are pretty harmless. All they do is spin webs.
  18. A.Abubaker
    Curious

A.Abubaker Junior Member

Ratings Received:
    +81 / 0

I said it is beautiful because of how proficiently it does what it does....I did not say what it does is beautiful.

I wouldn't and dont call them friendly, at least not the two posted on this thread. cute football head.
  19. Mahzala
    Lurking

Ratings Received:
    +366 / 2
    Oh the comparisons are hilarious! Now I sound like a snake charmer ... Or the fearless Australian who hunts them down with a dagger, but jumps at the fright of a spider that walks her path ...

I know, and I agree there, SubhanAllah the silk it spins is something to be admired.

Ameen :)

Here is how it went down, was at a theme park, got off that ride, saw a man holding a snake, he asked if I wanted a try, I said okay. Had it been awake, I most certainly would have went in the opposite direction. So now I don't mind any conclusions you draw :rugby:

Back to spiders, anyone?
  20. Janaan
    sunnah

Janaan ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا Staff Member

Amatullaah
    Ratings Received:
    +456 / 3
    I think I'm going to read that "Spiders for Lunch" book, you?

PS. Sorry if I grossed anyone out with those lunch dishes... Curiosity got the best of me! :SMILY126: