Wasting meat

Isa_

Salaam,

I'm moving house and as we were cleaning up I found a box of frozen beef burgers in our freezer that I bought before I reverted. I am a recent revert and there are 4 left but they are not halal. I've tried giving them away to non-Muslim friends but nobody wants them as it's a bit odd to give someone frozen food. My question is "is it permitted to eat them as the animal was killed already?"

I've discussed this with a friend who said he thought it would be okay as otherwise the animal has died and gone to waste but am still concerned and don't really know what to do. All opinions appreciated :)

Isra

aka Tree2008
Wa alaikome salam

I remembered reading in Quran something about eating food that isnt exactly halal so I googled and found this. Hope it helps!

1- Chapter: 6 , Verse: 145

say: i do not find in that which has been revealed to me anything forbidden for an eater to eat of except that it be what has died of itself, or blood poured forth, or flesh of swine-- for that surely is unclean-- or that which is a transgression, other than (the name of) allah having been invoked on it; but whoever is driven to necessity, not desiring nor exceeding the limit, then surely your lord is forgiving, merciful

wa salam

rightpath_357

Cook it up and give it to an animal sis :)
I agree with the sister above because I always hesitate between giving non-Muslims haram food and wasting it.

But remember this: If the food is haram, if I put it in the garbage it won't have any affect.If I give it to someone else who gets sins accounted for eating it, then surely I will ALSO be sinning since I'm the one that gave it to them.

Salam :D

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Salaam,

I'm moving house and as we were cleaning up I found a box of frozen beef burgers in our freezer that I bought before I reverted. I am a recent revert and there are 4 left but they are not halal. I've tried giving them away to non-Muslim friends but nobody wants them as it's a bit odd to give someone frozen food. My question is "is it permitted to eat them as the animal was killed already?"

I've discussed this with a friend who said he thought it would be okay as otherwise the animal has died and gone to waste but am still concerned and don't really know what to do. All opinions appreciated :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:salam2:

Brother,
If the animal was slaughtered in halal way (By a muslim)
when the purchase was made
then it is halal to consume.
But
If it is not slaughter in the Islamic way
then the best way is to disposed it(throw away) .
Do not cook and make any further associate with it!

Thank you,
Wassalam :)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Try a food pantry. There are many who would gladly take the food. People stand in line for hours and meat is always in short supply.