Weight issue

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah
:salam2:

I have never had on weight issue, I was the thinnest one in my family. But now for the past four years on and off on my deit:girl3: . I would like to lose 40lb to be health. I set a goal InshaAllah for 6 monthes:tti_sister: .Any advise how to cut the sweet stuff would help me a long the way? InshaAllah.

JazakaAllah in advance.

:wasalam:

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalaamu Alaykum
:bismillah:
Remember that it doesn't matter how much you eat: it matters how much you burn off.

At my summer camp, I lost 20 lbs (what, around 10.5 kilos or so, in 5 weeks). Keep in mind that I'm a young teenager. I didn't diet, but I ran 7 miles each day and did a lot of exercise.

My advice to you is that you stay on your diet (cutting calories and carbs works a LOT) but that you also exercise a lot. Don't just exercise for 30 minutes and sit down. It'll only help you maintain your weight.

Rather, exercise and sit down and stay on your diet. 2 hours later, exercise some more. If you are strong enough, you should exercise 2 hours later. That's kinda the way I lost those 20 lbs.

Don't overdo it, though! If you feel extremely tired, just stop. You exercised once, that's enough.

Mind you that at my summer camp, we had the weekends off (no exercise and we got to eat whatever we want). If you don't want to exercise a lot, just excerise once and stick to your diet (unlike I did) and you'll probably lose the same amount as I did in the same amount of time (providing your metabolism is high).

Metabolism is VERY important. Health experts suggest that you eat 5 to 6 LIGHT meals per day to help your body constantly digest food (without rest). This'll help your metabolism on days when you eat 3 meals.

I'm no health expert (and, unfortunatly, I've gained some of the weight I lost back by doing the opposite of what I used to do), so you should look on health/weight loss website (not your random google search website, mind you) to see some tips.

salam

that's true exercise is very important, but how you eat is important as well.

i think the best thing a person can do is to fallow what the prophet said: we muslims don't eat until we feel hungry, and when we eat, we don't eat until we get full.

Sister June

I have never had on weight issue, I was the thinnest one in my family. But now for the past four years on and off on my deit:girl3: . I would like to lose 40lb to be health. I set a goal InshaAllah for 6 monthes:tti_sister: .Any advise how to cut the sweet stuff would help me a long the way? InshaAllah.

JazakaAllah in advance.

Salaam,
Sister i go to weight watchers! I love it! The people are very motivational.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Remember that it doesn't matter how much you eat: it matters how much you burn off.

Lol. I was going to say the opposite. Working out helps, but to lose that last bit of flab around the tummy.... it depends all on your DIET. My opinion.

Hmmm... cut down on fizzy drinks. And there are a wide variety of fruits, try replace 90% of your snacks (eg, chips, cookies) with fruits (eg. peaches, nectarines, watermelon, etc).

Salams.

Praise2Allah

Salam alaikom, and drink lots of water before you eat it will make you feel full. If you have to eat more, eat proteins, not carbos

albinsaid09

Assalaamu Alaykum
:bismillah:

Don't overdo it, though! If you feel extremely tired, just stop. You exercised once, that's enough.

Diet is important but exercise is extremely important. Drinks lots of water after you exercise. Inshallah , you will achieve what you want.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

Eat healthy, Fresh Fruit, Vegetables, avoid fried foods or those that have a lot of fat and sugars.

Cut down on Salt.

And try to fit in 20-30 mins excercise everyday

Wasalam.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

Sis do the mirror exercise...:SMILY346:

Now your thinking whats the mirror exercise???:SMILY346:

Well easy you stare at yourself in the mirror,and feel bad.(Quite a slow process,but inshallah it works.:SMILY346: )

You have to eat healthy and do a bit of exercise with the mirror exercise.:SMILY346:

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

All this talk of losing weight, while I have the opposite problem. I'm slightly underweight at the moment. The main reason for this is that I grew A LOT (height wise) during the year I spent in Cairo yet I didn't gain that much weight. I've increased my calorie and carb intake more weight lifting so inshallah I'll be back to my regular size in no time.

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah

JazakAllah everyone, :hearts: I know its all about modaration and balance as our prophet [scw] told us.

Is it true that I heard that there is hadeeth that there will be a lot of overweight people at the end of time [ it is one of the signs of the day of judgment] ?

Where I am from most of the people over 30 [mainly women] are overweight and were I am now in the US 60% of the people are overwight. SubhanaAllah no wonder someof the children around the world are dying for hunger :astag:

May Allah guides us all.

thanx all I will post my progress in 6monthes InshaAllah.

AishaR

I had a very sweet tooth for many years, fizzy drinks, chocolate, sweets. You name it I would eat it. Now I rarely touch them, how!! Well I drink fruit juice with fizzy water, still gives you the fizzyness but without the sugar & I simply dont buy sweet things went I go shopping. Instead if I am hungry I will have a carrot or celery. It was hard at first but well worth it in the end.

boupj

eat small protions more often. Like small meals and healthy snacks in between this will keep your metabolism running. If you are hungry eat but eat slowly so that you know when you're full. If you prevent yourself from eating when your hungry your metabolism will slow down in order to save the food you do eat and you won't burn any calories. Oh and before you start a diet make sure you consult with a professional (a doctor or dietician) your bady needs a certain amount of vitamins and calories etc.. each day or you'll end up doing more harm than good. Remember as you said you're doing this because want to be in good health, not thin and unhealthy. InshAllah you will acheive you're goal.

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah

sis. AishaR I don't know about eating carrot and celery, I could use them in my spaggetti souce:SMILY149: . well thank you. you right at the end it is worthed. for fizzy drinks I never liked Alhamdullilah. I drink about 3 cup of coffee and 1tsp of suger each. I could deit all otherfood except my one coffee lol... well any seggestion I used honey instead the suger:SMILY286: it does not work, and splenda and other unsuger stuff I heard they couse canser and unhealth things to the body.

boupj. thaks for the info.,