Weird Muslims 2 (Pilgrimage for old ppl???)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Some friends of mine, they go abroad for tour few times a year. UK, Hongkong, Bali, Bandong, US etc. I always like to enquire them, what about Hajj or Umrah? How many times have you been? The answer is normally "not yet, I planning to do so after retirement". I think there is a misconception amongs some muslim that pilgrimage is for old people only. This need to be corrected.

NOTE: I'M JUST SHARING, NOT MEANT FOR DEBATE

For the first time my own thread was closed ("Weird Muslims) by the moderator, not sure why it is so controversial that deserved to be closed. My sheikh said it is ok to discuss something someone did so long we do not mention the person's name. My intention was to make sure we, TTI brothers and sisters, aware whatever we do out, there are people watching you, therefore we should not commit the same mistake again. No hard feelings mod, I guess you used some wisdom before executing the action. Why not if it helps our brothers and sisters dis-engage themselves from unhealthy debate.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:
jazakallah khaira for sharing this brother,alot people believe that they will turn to ALLAH and islam once they are old(may be they think they are too busy for that now).it's sad they fail to release it could be their last day today.

may ALLAH guide us all to the right path.:tti_sister:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

yes bro, scholars also tell that as soon as you are mature and have finance...do ur obligatory hajj.

but sadly many delay until their jobs are over, become grandparents, etc.:(

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
For the first time my own thread was closed ("Weird Muslims) by the moderator, not sure why it is so controversial that deserved to be closed.

:salam2: Respected brother,

I don't think the thread was closed because it was controversial. I think the mod reasoned that there is no benefit from pinpointing mistake of fellow brothers and sisters behind their back. Looking down on our fellow brothers and sisters in not from Islam.

Even if our brothers and sisters are doing something quite wrong, we council/advise/help them to get back on their deen and sincerely pray for them that Allah swt gives them hidayah.

My intention was to make sure we, TTI brothers and sisters, aware whatever we do out, there are people watching you, therefore we should not commit the same mistake again.

The above stated reason is the one of the last reasons you should change yourselves for.

The one and only reason why you straighten your act up and act according to Islam is because Allah swt , the Almighty, All Seeing is looking at our each and every action and we should try our utmost to please him At the same time, we should do our utmost to try to avoid things that go against teachings of Quran and Sunnah.

No hard feelings mod, I guess you used some wisdom before executing the action. Why not if it helps our brothers and sisters dis-engage themselves from unhealthy debate.

I would like to suggest something also, my dear brother. It would have been better if you would have posted a nice, concise article about performing hajj covering topics such as 'the obligation of making Hajj as soon as one is capable', 'benefits/rewards of making hajj', 'the drawbacks of delaying hajj' etc etc. In my opinion that would have been more beneficial to read and spread to other relatives, friends etc.

I hope you don't take any offense to my post. If I have said something inappropriate, please forgive me.

Wasalaamalaikum waa rahmatullahi

abulzan07

That kind of asian culture they are like tht Wil do hajj wen m old afta 60 or they say wil marry wen study wil over wil get nice job and buy house than il marry its sick and weird(M being a asian muslim lol)

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
just a humble opinion from me
yes i do realised it too
here people-usually people who are quite affordable-from the rich family basically
who sometimes go on holidays with their family overseas annually
but maybe still 'postpone' on doing the hajj
and ive recently talked to my friend
about how she is worried if she still can take her mom to do hajj-as her mom is old now and not in such a healthy condition and plus she doesnt come from an affordable family and another plus we are still studying
may Allah make things easier for us
inshaAllah someday want to be Allah's guest too-want to look at Kaabah in front of my very own eye inshaAllah :tti_sister:
anyways couldnt disagree more with brotherinislam
that the best way is to tell them of the correctness one should be doing
wallahua'lam

ShyHijabi

anyways couldnt disagree more with brotherinislam
that the best way is to tell them of the correctness one should be doing

Actally BrotherinIslam gave a very good suggestion on how to correct this thinking. It would've been much more constructive to post an article or fatwa explaining the disadvantages of delaying hajj. Instead the post is titled "weird Muslims" and seems to encourage backbiting and seeking for faults of our fellow brothers and sisters.

When you correct someone you do it in private and one-on-one as opposed to publically shaming a person. There is a saying "Praise in public, punish in private." We already have someone saying "those Asian Muslims do such-and-such" and this has the potential of dissolving into arguments and defense. Generalizations rarely help matters when it comes to correction and often turn to disaster instead.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Akhi.."the moderator" you are discussing and assuring that you have no hard feelings for...is *me*...and even though you do not know my *real name*..I have a *nickname* which you could have spent the time *looking for* and typing down..as you did *writing* your *objection* regarding the closing of your thread as an act of *courtesy* at least...that's one

two...please read the following:

"MODERATORS WORD FINAL IN ALL CASES - Dont make topics discussing our Decisions!! Simply PM us and talk to us in Private. (otherwise you will look very silly complaining)"

This is the last rule from the Site rules included in this link...

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81

The words of Allah should resonate in our minds when He (swt) says...

"
O you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former. Nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former. Nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it to insult one's brother after having Faith. And whosoever does not repent, then such are indeed wrong-doers."
[Al-Hujuraat 49:11]

Not the words of a *shaikh*...because at the end of the day..that shaikh is as human as *you* and *I* and in his judgments he can be *fallible* if not erroneous!

Naseeha (advice)..has its conditions..and its manners...like everything else in Islam...if we want to fulfill it to its best degree...then we must keep these conditions and manners before our eyes...

Keeping persons *nameless* does *NOT* change the fact that we are backbiting them...because backbiting is not limited to *naming* a person *only*..it is *beyond* that narrow and incorrect definition...

Rasulullah (saaws) said to a group of people in a hadith cited by Muslim..Abu Dawood..At-Tirmidhi and An-Nisaae'e...

"Do you know the meaning of backbiting?, they replied 'Allah and His Prophet know best' and Rasulullah (saaws) said: 'it is mentioning your brother by that which he hates' and it was said: '[even] if I see that [which I mention] in my brother?', he (saaws) said 'if what you spoke is in him; you have backbitten him, and if it is not in him you have slandered him'"

With a weak nafs..and Shaitan on the lookout for our faults to hang on to them and make them grow bigger...do you think it would be a good idea to discuss that which may make us fall into not only *backbiting* but also *slandering?*

And if a hadith is not enough..then how about two example of two occasions which took place with one of our great predecessors...

A man came to Al-Hasan ibn Ali ibn Abi Talib (radhiya Allaho 'anhoma wa 'ardhahoma) and said to Al-Hasan "'why have you backbitten me?!', Al-Hasan (raa) said 'you are not of such [great] magnificence so I make you a judge over my hasanaat (earned good deeds)'"

and on another occasion

Someone came to Al-Hasan and said to him "such and such has backbitten you" so he (raa) took a plate filled with dates to that person (who backbit him) and said to him "I was informed that you have gifted me with some of your hasanaat and I wanted to reward you for that [act], and pardon me for not being able to reward with what will show ultimate gratitude"

You know why Al-Hasan (raa) reacted that way in both situations?..because on the Day of Judgment the one who is *backbitten* seeks a compensation from Allah (swt) for being backbitten before the one who backbit him..and in the dunya..the one who is backbitten takes the *hasanaat* of the one who backbit him!..

Have we accumulated so many hasanaat as to start giving them *away* to others because we can't hold our tongues?!...and more importantly...do we want to stand before Allah as a *brother* or a *sister* asks Him (swt) to compensate them due to *the harm* we committed against them?!

Ya Akhi..time and time again we hear that the closest of us to Allah are those with most *taqwa* of him..why don't we do ourselves *the favor* of working *towards* that and *assuring* it?!...

Mashallah...we spend endless hours looking this person up and down..asking that person a million and one questions..and criticizing a whole bunch of other persons left and right..as if we have received *insurance* from falling into sin..or a *certificate* guaranteeting that *we are better!*..and when someone *dares* to point out the fact that we can end up in the same state as those we criticize if not *worst*..we release a waterfall of *justifications* as to *why* we're doing what we're doing...

Why don't we stop to think that what we put forth as justification is not nothing but Satanic whispers?!!!

Why don't we do that?!

Wallahi if we *just* worry about ourselves..if we fix the crookedness in our homes..and we better *ourselves* and *our families*..advice would be given in the most extreme of extremes only..because *everyone* will commit that which is pleasing to Allah without any *coaxing!*

Perhaps the words below will put up a red flag high up in the air of everyone's consciousness...

"O you who believe! Avoid much suspicion; indeed some suspicions are sins. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting) . And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is the One Who forgives and accepts repentance, Most Merciful." [Al-Hujuraat 49:12]

We are living through some holy days..let us seize the opportunity of squeezing the healing of our mended spirits weighed by weaknesses..whims..desires..and faults...and forget everything else...because everything else is a waste when attempting to earn Allah's Shade of favor..and let us be amongst those whom Allah (swt) describes doing the following act of virtue...

"And when they hear Al-Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk), they withdraw from it and say: "To us our deeds, and to you your deeds. Peace be to you. We seek not (the way of) the ignorant." [Al-Qasas 28:55]

***THREAD CLOSED (YET AGAIN!)***

:wasalam:

Status
Not open for further replies.