What age did you get married at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Asalamu aleikum wr wb.
Hehh, mashaALLAH families are different.. Am 22years old and not married yet.. Even though my parents got married when they were like 17 and 18 years old, my dad doesnt like to see/hear any of his daughters getting married so young.. Education is very important for him:D

:salam2:
:) sister it really matters there is no right or wrong, its better to marry early as islam says to stop fitnah, and i know some individuals in my university who had gotten married when they came to univ around 18, so they had he nikah but the girl didn't move out of her house. It kept them away from having bad thoughts, and attentive towards their studies instead of other things, But in order for that to work they both have to be religiously committed otherwise one might commit and other might not and cause alot of problems

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
salam alaikum
as for me it would be good if one's in the early 20's to get married
yeah with a lot of fitnah going on in this world
its hard sometimes
but of course marriage is all in Allah's fate
and we can only pray to Allah and in the meantime trying to increase in our faith
so that we will get a partner that is deserve for us
as stated in the Quran
'good and pious man are for good and pious woman and vice versa'
yes i hope all our unmarried brothers and sisters here in TTi will find the best spouse as to help us lead the remaining of our life to achieve the best reward of all which is-JANNAh
:SMILY259:

JustaSisLovinLyf

passion for Islam
Asalamu aleikum wr wb.
Hehh, mashaALLAH families are different.. Am 22years old and not married yet.. Even though my parents got married when they were like 17 and 18 years old, my dad doesnt like to see/hear any of his daughters getting married so young.. Education is very important for him:D

yea sister i actually prefer that idea of waiting until after college but alot of sisters go to school after marriage as well. like me- im in college after i got married and i think it helped me from being too excited about getting married and thinking about any other man. Just hopin to make it through school before my husbands family starts asking when im gonna have a baby! that can be a difficulty for sisters who marry young, many end up pregnant before they can finish college. dont u think?

on the other hand it would have been nice to enjoy a little more freedom as an adult before immediately becoming a wife and having to take care of my husband!=) but alhamdulilah Allah decided that I should marry so young.

lucky1

i also got married young at the age of 18 but hamduallah i am very happy i am 19 now and i am pregnant, poeple think that if you get married ur life ends but mine began when i got married i still have fun... marriage is a beautiful thing and i think if you have a chance you should go for it!!!

JustaSisLovinLyf

passion for Islam
i also got married young at the age of 18 but hamduallah i am very happy i am 19 now and i am pregnant, poeple think that if you get married ur life ends but mine began when i got married i still have fun... marriage is a beautiful thing and i think if you have a chance you should go for it!!!

alhamdulilah sister now i dont feel like the only one! congratulations on ur pregnancy and may Allah give u a happy life:blackhijab:

Just a question I am 19 years old and single ;) hehehe! I am planning to get married when I am 24years or around there.

For those married mind sharing what age and for those planning to get married?
hehe thats exatly wat i said to myself for two years ago...inshaallah i hope that i would get married within 1-3 years..

Miss Aaliyah

Salam,
I am not yet married nor engaged but inshallah soon :D I think I have to finish my university studies first though. Even though I would rather jump off school, marry and become a house wife somewhere outside Sweden. But I have my parents to think of too :( I feel very divided here.

sister2

I definately do not think males are blameless or that the problem is unique to converts. Many not so young women (of all origins) are overlooked by males (as much as their families) because there are younger, better looking options to choose from. Again piety/deen, values and other things of substance take a back seat.....

At the end of the day, Allah knows best!

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
I definately do not think males are blameless or that the problem is unique to converts. Many not so young women (of all origins) are overlooked by males (as much as their families) because there are younger, better looking options to choose from. Again piety/deen, values and other things of substance take a back seat.....

At the end of the day, Allah knows best!

thats a really good point you bring up, cuz of the media trend everyone is looking for a younger wife, and maany males do overlook I think thats something we all males should pay attention to , deen/Piety is to be chosen above everything
but for females i think they should go for getting married at a earlier age, one of the reason for chosen a younger female is biologically she is healthier for offsprings

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
Just 18 so far. Male. Wish to get married at around 26 plus or minus 2. That is the most common age for marriage from where I come from.

ummyasiin

Striving for Janatul firdous
wow not many married ppl here, my 1st marriage was at 21yrs old lasted 1 1/2yrs I am 28 happliy married STILL.:SMILY139:

Status
Not open for further replies.