What age did you get married at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShyHijabi

Don't take any offense or anything but.. Isn't 30+ years a bit old to get married? =/ IMO.

Well if we had options sooner we would probably get married earlier. But some parents are so caught up in the person's ethnic background/money/job that we have to wait until someone comes along that cares about important things such as piety and deen. Converts (particularly males) struggle with this sort of ignorance every day.

So when you have children think about that and maybe people won't have to wait so long to get married.

asado111

You are most def. correct, actually. Yeah I plan on getting married before 26-25.. Not that I am in a hurry but I want to start my life and stuff ASAP. Who knows how long we have besides Allah (SWT).

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Well if we had options sooner we would probably get married earlier. But some parents are so caught up in the person's ethnic background/money/job that we have to wait until someone comes along that cares about important things such as piety and deen. Converts (particularly males) struggle with this sort of ignorance every day.

So when you have children think about that and maybe people won't have to wait so long to get married.

:salam2:

sister these days its not just the parents, even the womens (not pointing fingers), they dont care about deen, they want the guy to have a really good job ( which alot of them are able to get 30+) , have a house, a car, bank balance .... basically all the things of the world.

and you are right about the parents thing too, they pride way too much of wordly things that his son has gather rather than deen its pretty sad, but dont get me wrong isn't it the women on both ends.
Like its mostly the guyz mother who feels so proud she raised his son to be so successful ( for duniya), and women talk with other women and the son success becomes a big pride factor but i cud be wrong im just pointing out an observation :)

xMuSlIm GuRlx

salaam everyone! Im aiysha from the UK am 20 years old goin to be turning 21next month inshallah and have not found the right person to marry yet :( lolz! inshallah hopin to in the next few years... if allah wills.. it is ramadham the final days... brothers and sisters make duaas as much as you can to make it easy for yourselves and for allah to find you a good marriage partner inshallah ameen!!

Also as well as this be sure to rememeber each other in your duaas also! There is a hadith that says "the supplication that gets the quickest answer is the one made by one muslim for another in his absence" (Abu Daw'ud and Tirmidhi) and really do make the most of these precious few days we might not be here this time next year.. may allah make it easy for all of us insh'allah =) *!*!*!

ShyHijabi

sister these days its not just the parents, even the womens (not pointing fingers), they dont care about deen, they want the guy to have a really good job ( which alot of them are able to get 30+) , have a house, a car, bank balance .... basically all the things of the world.

and you are right about the parents thing too, they pride way too much of wordly things that his son has gather rather than deen its pretty sad, but dont get me wrong isn't it the women on both ends.
Like its mostly the guyz mother who feels so proud she raised his son to be so successful ( for duniya), and women talk with other women and the son success becomes a big pride factor but i cud be wrong im just pointing out an observation :)

Salaam,

I agree whole heartedly with you brother. I've noticed a lot of sisters become fixated on the prospective match being rich. I've also noticed brothers becoming fixated on the female's looks, skin color, and other such nonsense. I understand a person wants an attractive mate but I think sometimes it gets out of hand...they go on the lookout for some "super model."

I now one thing, money and looks are short term and very easily they can vanish. But deen and piety tend to stick around throughout the lifetime. Insh'Allah I will raise my (future) children to look for these things (deen and piety) in a mate and value the above all else.

Abdul_Muhsi

Salaam,

I now one thing, money and looks are short term and very easily they can vanish. But deen and piety tend to stick around throughout the lifetime. Insh'Allah I will raise my (future) children to look for these things (deen and piety) in a mate and value the above all else.

I fully agree with sister Hijaabi on this issue,people just look for worldly things more than they look for the piety.piety and honesty are more importnt and they do not vanish like money or look.
May Allah show us the right path

so its agreed then around 35+ ...:p

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Salaam,

I agree whole heartedly with you brother. I've noticed a lot of sisters become fixated on the prospective match being rich. I've also noticed brothers becoming fixated on the female's looks, skin color, and other such nonsense. I understand a person wants an attractive mate but I think sometimes it gets out of hand...they go on the lookout for some "super model."

yes sis i totally agree, i shud have pointed out the guys side as well

But sis , i feel like its the media influence not only with guyz, with girls too they want a guy who is like a movie star, like astarfiruAllah, sis its so sad that we are basing our opinion based on the unnatural things we see on tv , but u r right its mostly seen in guyz but girls are not so far behind too and im referring to muslimahs. its all shocking because like u said all that last couple of years will piousness all the life

:) inshallah sis, my duas are with you for ur children
:wasalam:

mohd2008

I think that the best age for marriage for a girl is 17 and for boy is 19
I am 22 years old but I am single because the costs of marriage here in Gaza is very high , especially in the current circumstances under siege

BinKhadija

An Akhu
I think that the best age for marriage for a girl is 17 and for boy is 19
I am 22 years old but I am single because the costs of marriage here in Gaza is very high , especially in the current circumstances under siege
Can't you guys arrange marriage in some mosque etc instead? It'll be far cheaper and, for sure, would have more barakah for you and your family. No?

I know akhi it's not as easy thoguh. Be patient, Insha'Allah!
(Do fast if necessary..)

superbro

Brother of Islam
I got married at 21 years and 8 months. Which was august 2008, but my wife isnt with me yet because she hasnt got her visa yet. I miss her so much. :SMILY252::SMILY23:

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
I got married at 21 years and 8 months. Which was august 2008, but my wife isnt with me yet because she hasnt got her visa yet. I miss her so much. :SMILY252::SMILY23:

Inshallah bro :) May ALlah (swt) unite both of u and fill ur lives with happiness,mercy of Allah (swt)- ameen

JustaSisLovinLyf

passion for Islam
wow everyone here got married much later than me.

I got married when i just turned 18 years old- now im 20
i guess some families like their daughters to get married young, both of my sister-in-laws got married at only 17 years old.

muslim10012

i guess some families like their daughters to get married young, both of my sister-in-laws got married at only 17 years old.

salamouaikoum , oh you are lucky sister :)
I'm 23 and still single , hope I will find a good wife inchallah

good luck

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

yea sis :) thats nice not a bad thing ;) :D no worries

i hope u have a happy and wonderful married life - ameen

NourAlDeen

Asalamu aleikum wr wb.
Hehh, mashaALLAH families are different.. Am 22years old and not married yet.. Even though my parents got married when they were like 17 and 18 years old, my dad doesnt like to see/hear any of his daughters getting married so young.. Education is very important for him:D

Status
Not open for further replies.