What are your favourite names?

q8penpals

Salam

As a teacher, my list of names that I could NEVER name a future child is longer than my list of acceptable names! LOL! As in, having a student with a particular name who is a very naughty, annoying student ruins the name! I couldn't name a child a particular name because I would be reminded all the time of the naughty, annoying kid!

That said, I love the name Sofia (means wisdom) for a girl, and the name Sami for a boy.

I hope that Allah will see fit to bless me with children one day...

Miss Aaliyah

Salam,
My favourite girl names are Aaishah, Fatimah, Isra and Amina. The favourite boy names are Yahya, Ismail, Mohammad and Yusuf.

Lovely Muslima

I don't now!!! All the names are beautiful!!! ummmmm...let me think...... for girls: Sara(my name), Meriem, Nur, yasmine,ecc. & for boys: Mohammed, Ahmed, Othman

'Purity'

my favourites for girls is Amara (everlasting) and Malaika (I think it means queen)
and for boys my favourite name is Aiden (intelligent or brilliant) ...but I have heard mixed reviews on whether this is a true Muslim name. So if anyone can clarify for me I would appreciate it. Jazakallah Khair

rightpath_357

Hmmmmm- :D
For girls- i like SO many- but i'll put only one- for now :D : Cantara - Small bridge- cuz it sound nice with the accent :lol:

hmmmmm- for a boy- well, I love my 6 year old sweet little cousin so- : Ibraheem :D

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam sis.My favourite name are Malika(it means Queen),Amina(Faithfull,she was the mother of the prophetSAWS),
for boys I like Imran,Abdel 'aziz,Ismail and Brahim.Let me know how you will name your child.Mabrouk,Allah isla'alik

believers_path

My favorite names for Girls:Asiya:consoling,firm, Aleena(beautiful), Ammara(tolerant),
Areeba(wise),and Azeen(patience)
and for Boys:Ahmed,Atif,Areeb,Yusuf

Zaii

LifeIsAStruggle____
:salam2:

This is fun :hijabi:

Girls - Samira, Maha, Yasmine, Jasmine (I don't know if this is a muslim name), Seema, Zaitoon, Maimunah,

Boys- Humza, Mujahid, Imran, Hakim, Tufayl, Ali, Yaasin, Uthmaan, Shaam, Malik

May Allah grant you a pious and beautiful offspring sister Aameen.
:salam2:

simsym05

Assalam aliekum

By ISLAMIC name only, do you mean only ARABIC names, or any name that Muslims can use (as in, names with good meanings and are not specifically belonging to non-Muslims)?

Because my favorite name is MY NAME! :-D

It has many meanings, depending which language you look at!

Irish - A beautiful place

Latin-based = Wool (boring, but not bad! LOL!)

Gaelic - Rock (?)

Arabic - For us (?)

Hawaiian/Polynesian - Beautiful Flower (I like this meaning the best! LOL!)

Russian - Bright Star
your name is Lina !!!
Right?