What Can Walking Do for You?

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
What Can Walking Do for You?
To be sure, scientists have only begun to scratch the surface in understanding the benefits of exercise not only for fighting cancer and boosting immunity but also for enhancing all aspects of human health. Interestingly, most studies of exercise use walking as the activity of choice. And they have revealed some extraordinary information about what this most fundamental of workouts can do.

* It supports weight loss and weight maintenance.
* It reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke.
* It fends off diabetes by improving the body's ability to use insulin.
* It eases the pain and stiffness of arthritis.
* It keeps bones strong, which prevents osteoporosis.
* In women, it relieves premenstrual and menopausal discomforts.
* It improves sleep.
* It builds strength, flexibility, and stamina.
* It enhances mental function.
* It counteracts anger, depression, and anxiety.

As you can see, you have a lot to gain just from lacing up a pair of walking shoes and putting one foot in front of the other.

source link:
http://healthandfitness.sympatico.m...r=0&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc

HaroonM

Assalamu alaikum

I would agree sister that exercise is fundamental too my well being as I suffer with acute rheumatoid arthritis. As we get older its imperative that we stay active and if we look after ourselves when younger we have a better chance of longevity. Walking helps me achieve this goal and helps my weight management program also. One should also not forget the exercise benefits that salat gives us.

Abby a'zam

Assalammualaikum.
If i can add. As the government in my country have been promoting to walk 10,000 steps per day for health and weight management. Islam has started the base of health and longevity clearly as stated in the 5 Rukun. As most dietician said that the only way to be healthy and maintain ideal weight is through 1) eating less 2) exercise. These 2 solution is already in our Rukun. 1) Fasting to train us to eat less, low calorie, taking early breakfast (to boost our metablism 24hours) during sahur and take dinner before 8pm (break fast). 2) Solat as the best exercise without forcing our metabolism system ( over forcing metobolism will cause premature aging) naturally. The takbir conduct that most people skip and done improper way is actually helping us to align our spinal cord and back including rukuk at 90 degree during rukuk. 3) Our Haj performs required us to walk with snycronise movement that showed how 'walking' is important to us. Infact, this snycronise movement from the whole bunch of Jamaah produce +ve ion around Kaabah that create lights to make the city of Makkah as the brightest place on earth ( i think NASA realize this). Becoz we are also atom and when we walk in the same momentum, we create +ve neuron and lights. Thats one reason why the Dajjal could not enter Makkah coz Dajjal is -ve neuron. As a summary. There are solutions on health, antiaging, rizqi and others in our 5 Rukun. Hope this is information is useful. Wassalam. Abby A'zam ([email protected])