What do I do if I miss a Salat

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:salam2:
It is impossible for me to do Zuhr Salat because of school. I don't get home until 2:45, and Zuhr ends at 2:40.

What can I do if I miss a prayer?

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
I'd like to also add that if it doesn't end at 2:40, it ends earlier.

No matter what I do, walk home, take the bus, whatever; I'll alays get home at 2:45 or later.

Please, this is a very stressful situation and I need an answer. Thanks!

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalam.

I don't know about you, but in our areas if we go to the superintendant of the area, or the principal of the school they let you out of class for a couple of min. to go pray in a diff. room.

How abt your lunch time? Is it during Zhuhr?

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Lunch is during Zuhr. But, the teachers will not let us out of class even if we asked. That is, unless I asked to go to the bathroom in which if I was gone long enough they would think I was trying to 'skip class'.

samiha

---------
Staff member
lol. that's pretty funny, do kids in your school 'skip class' often? lol. srryy... it just seemed funny.

ok, so ur pretty sure your principal wouldn't allow you a lil bit of time to go pray?

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Zuhr

I do Zuhr Namaz at school privetley.I do it in the hallway or outside. The best place is a quiet, palce that someone would rarely go to. The library can't help if they have a lot of pictures (from the book covers or posters)

:SMILY288:

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
lol. that's pretty funny, do kids in your school 'skip class' often? lol. srryy... it just seemed funny.

The answer is a loud "yes!". Kids skip class all the time in my school, though now they are trying to crack down on it.

ok, so ur pretty sure your principal wouldn't allow you a lil bit of time to go pray?

The Principle is never around, and the Vice-Principles are in different places (usually in the office). The teachers won't let me go unless it's an emergency that'll call me down to the office or if I need to go to the bathroom (with conditions as stated before).

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Assalam Alaykum..Dear Brother..what's happen if u get out the school about 10 mint and pary ?..at the payer time.. i think it was about 11:29 am...

ask ur teacher that..insha`Allah..i'm Sure he/ she 'll let u go to pray..

i don't know any one don't let u parying..

<wasalam>

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:wasalam:
Thanks islamicfajr, I'll try that. Thanks for all your answers.

Is it possible to make up a prayer later on in the day? I've gotten conflicting answers using Google.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
I used to do it after school, when I couldn't do it during school. Same situation as you are in (teachers wouldn't let me out).

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalam.

Putting together prayers is allowed for the Traveler but not really for the person who is going somewhere for a regular basis. I suppose if it comes to total desperation and you have tried everything, then I have say praying is better than not at all. But you have to really try because it says in the Quran...

"Verily, the Prayer is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours." [Soorah an-Nisaa' (4):103]

Best of luck brother.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Assalam alaykum..Dear Brother dna1987

just a Question : Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid ask it..

If a student needs to go to the bathroom urgently during class, what does he do? The obvious answer is: he asks the teacher for permission and leaves the room.

Praying on time is more important than answering the call of nature. We would remind you of the following points:

Firstly: the times for prayer in Islam are long, praise be to Allaah. For example, the time for the Zuhr (midday) prayer – which is the prayer time which usually comes during the school day) does not end until the time for ‘Asr (mid-afternoon) prayer begins, so you can pray Zuhr from the time when the sun is at its zenith until the time when the shadow of an object is equal to its length. This time is a period of hours, not minutes, so there is bound to be an opportunity to pray within this time.

Secondly: there are usually breaks between classes; even if the break is only five minutes, you can make the most of it. There are also breaks for recess and for lunch during which you could pray. Otherwise you could pray after school is over and before the time for the prayer ends. Or you could ask the teacher for permission to leave before the class finishes so that you can go and pray. In some countries there are laws which enable the followers of different religions to practise the observances of their faiths at a specific time during the work or school day, so you could avail yourself of these laws if they exist.

Whatever the case, whoever fears Allaah and does his duty towards Him, Allaah will show him a way out and make things easier for him. When Allaah knows that a Muslim is keen to do the obligatory actions, He will help him. Finally, we would like to thank you once again for your question. We ask Allaah to grant you good health and keep you safe and sound. May He grant you strength and success in your life and keep you safe from all evils.
May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad :saw: and all his family and companions.

<wasalam>