what do you guys think about Dubai

justoneofmillion

assalam,i have a question for you guys i do not want to express my personal view because i fear of being unfair so what do you guys think about Dubai i mean has anyone of you ever been there some insight maybe?is a part of dar as-salam sold forever with more than 85% foreigners or is it somehow still trying to keep it real!please share your thoughts

wassalam

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

Isnt Dubai one of the signs of the day of judgement. Where the poor man will become will rich and a few other things, i cant remember :(

I think Dubai is one place to avoid unless it has something beneficial, Islamically. After looking at some of the threads in the pictures section, i think Syria, Yemen and Turkey are the places to visit Inshallah.

Dont want to go off topic, but just seems to be rich people there and smells like arrogance. I have not been there so im assuming from what i have seen. Inshallah maybe someone who has been there can enlighten us.

Wasalam

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

i think it is spelled D - U - B - A - I !! yay, i can spell... :tongue:

Every country has its good and bad. I was there only once off a plane. Hotel had a bar, a swimming pool on the roof, and a resturant with singing ladies and who knows what else. The hotel staff was nice though. Outside going shopping was ok, (showing as how i dislike shopping) people were walking around with Hijab, Jilbab, the stores were open had good clothings and stuff.

That's all I've seen, all I've been..... and Allah knows best.

wasalam

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Salam

Dubai?

dubai_marina_palm.jpg

dubai-palm-island.jpg

Trump_Palm_Dubai_Main_Pic_2.gif

well what can i say...? sick :mad:

i dont like the place, some of my family live there and thats what i think of it anyway, waaaaay too much materialism. makes me mad to think of what they could be doing with all this wealth and what they really are doing with it!!!!

im sure there are loads of people who disagree with me though.

wasalam

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
When I think of Dubai, I think of one of the signs of the final hour, as occurs in the hadeeth,

"Wa'an tara al-hufaata al-`uraata al-`aalata Ri`aa'a ash-shaa'i yatataawaloona fil-bunyaan" - "and that you will see barefooted, naked destitute shepherds competing in constructing lofty buildings" Saheeh Muslim and it is the second hadeeth in An-Nawawi's 40.​

amyaishazouaoui

did anyone realise that that big sail hotel thing in the pic above, if you look at it face on, it is the biggest cross in the arabic world????

:wasalam:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
naam hadhi hiya
نعم، هذه هي

My brother told me about this a while ago, the architect intended to have the world's largest crucifix in the structure, waAllaahu musta`aan. Mind you I've been to that hotel lol. The smallest suite in their was a two-stories.

amyaishazouaoui

rather stay in a bedouin tent, tall buildings scare me.

does anyone know of any bedouin tent places in dubai?????

is a hotel male or female. how can you tell, do you ask it and see if it answers in a low voice??????

:lol:

thats the only thing i have major issues with is gender.

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
assalam, i think far enough brother she is even talking slang!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: allhamdulillah

No brother, she isn't, she said what I translated, though in feminine (for the arabic has no it but the masculine and feminine for each object).

wasalaam.

amyaishazouaoui

sheeeee what do you mean shee.

ukhtuk azeeeeeeza dont you mean????

look i even spell it with an algerian accent...lol

li ana = ala khadush = because

musteshfa = zbetaar = hospital

getting slang, ok algerians im gona stop now and not let the others know our secret lingo!!

so is a hotel masc or fem then?? im asking u arabic people! Minfadlak ikhwaneeeeeeeeeeee

:wasalam:

justoneofmillion

No brother, she isn't, she said what I translated, though in feminine (for the arabic has no it but the masculine and feminine for each object).

wasalaam.
assalam, i meant on another thread dear brother about heinz something am half arab brother ich weiss was du meinst;)

wassalam

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ukht amyaisha.......shhhhhh
I'm not gonna tell our secret......we keep our slang secret....
.....shhhhhhhhhhhhshshshshshs

mohammeduk_786

dubai

I found out Dubai is a biggest haven for satans in the Muslim World, I am not joking there is sooo much corruption, islamically, such as drinking, drugs, lies, you will find people who have filthy rich either from drugs or can just say DONS of the world have major connections with Dubai, by money, hiding large sums of filthy cash. etc....

Th4e back end of the burj al arab hotel imitates a cross, there are quranic scritures in hallways of burj al arab hotel, and there are some big paries going on sometimes, such as celebrity parties who spash millions in one night either drinking, sex and drugs.

After my investigation, the UAE is under one of the worlds largest earth quake platau or earthquake faultlines, and I think it was in early 2006, Dubai shook violently, Abu Dhabi had some casualties and some buildings had damages, this has happened few times that Dubai shakes, especially from shockwaves from Iran earthquakes.

There are centres in UAE who are monitoring this and they say that the new developments they are doing shouldn't be affected, are testing Allah's will here??

I have been there two times and I wouldn't go again, it is for people who are lavish and people who think they are on top of everyone else, I personally know some English who have been there and from what they told me I felt absolutely discusted about that place and I have decided not to visit Dubai anymore for holidays.