What do you think...

Turk Gumption

Selamun Aleykum

I wonder something about other muslim thinking ... Firstly i searched on google for find something with several key worlds but didn't find any comprehensive writing ...

What is our most important problems nowadays as an Ummah ?

If you share your opinion i'll be glad. I'll write mine later inshallah...

M'selam

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Selamun Aleykum

I wonder something about other muslim thinking ... Firstly i searched on google for find something with several key worlds but didn't find any comprehensive writing ...

What is our most important problems nowadays as an Ummah ?

If you share your opinion i'll be glad. I'll write mine later inshallah...

M'selam

:salam2:

the biggest problem amongst the ummah is division. all of the sects and cultural influences from outside of islam penetrating it. also many muslims are losing their islamic identity. so many of us have been poisoned by the western way of life, that some muslims are abandoning their islamic heritage intentionally and unintentionally and this poses a great threat to islam.
:wasalam:

A Kashmiri

DO WE HAVE PROBLEMS ?

I THINK WE HAVE GONE BEYOND PROBLEMS ? THERE IS NEXT STEP WHICH WE ARE IN WHICH IS CRISIS.

Masallama

muthmainnah

I think the ummah problem now is: Al-Wahn

On the authority of Thawbaan , the Prophet said:

“The People will soon summon one another to attack you as people when eating invite others to share their food.” Someone asked, “Will that be because of our small numbers at that time?” He replied, “No, you will be numerous at that time: but you will be froth and **** like that carried down by a torrent (of water), and Allah will take the fear of you from the breasts (hearts) of your enemy and cast al-wahn into your hearts.” Someone asked, “O Messenger of Allah, what is al-wahn?” He replied, “Love of the world and dislike of death.” [An authentic hadith recorded by Abu Dawud and Ahmad]

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM

the biggest problem amongst the ummah is division. all of the sects and cultural influences from outside of islam penetrating it. also many muslims are losing their islamic identity. so many of us have been poisoned by the western way of life, that some muslims are abandoning their islamic heritage intentionally and unintentionally and this poses a great threat to islam.

+1 walaikumussalam

BintMuhammad

Staff member
For me I think it is Deviating from the Qur'aan and Sunnah. This is what causes the division amongst Muslims. If we all adhere to the authentic teachings of Qur'aan and Sunnah then there will be no BID'AH/INNOVATIONS and no EXTREMISM, no bashing of Sahabas etc.

May Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala continue to guide us to be steadfast to the Qur'aan and Sunnah Aameen.

Salaam,

Our problem is our ourselves as individuals....

Are we praying?

Are we Fasting?

Are we treating our parents and family kindly?

Are we not letting our tongues say derogatory & filthy words?

Are we paying our obligatory zakat?

Are we good role models for non-Muslims?

Are we reading and understanding Islam? Giving dawa?

Are we letting our hearts be attached to the worldly desires of this life and not focusing on the after-life?

Are we standing against injustice/oppression?

Are we obtaining knowledge and educating ourselves to fit with the standards of society?

Is our life balanced? Dedication to family, friends, Islam, Quran, School, job, etc

etc, etc.....

Everyone is quick to point fingers at this group or that sect, this country or that country, these Muslims or Christians or those Jews..NO!...we individuals have to look within our own souls before we can change anything.

I am by no means perfect nor am I claiming to be. The point is in order to strive for a better tomorrow...we have to fix ourselves first, then individually anbd collectively we will see the changes around us, Inshallah.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
our ignorance. If every muslim (or most at least) reads the full hadiths and Quran...
[inshallah] it would change! [big time] :D

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

I think our problem is our ability to reflect on our sorry state and still manage to do absolutely nothing about it.

A bit like this thread itself.

Meraj

Brother

.....belief without practice...lack of practical islam in our day to day life.....poor islamic knowledge....love for duniya....and lack of true brotherhood/sisterhood...

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger

I agree with everyone's points stated so far and those do constitute as the majority of our problems.

It's so scary to think that EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM Rasul Allah SAW mentioned has NOW come to pass. Every Muslim should at least consider that fact and then realize just how close to Judgment Day we all are. Some to consider:

“Do not be envious of one another; do not artificially inflate prices against one another; do not hate one another; do not shun one another; and do not undercut one another in business transactions; and be as fellow-brothers and servants of Allah.

A Muslim is the brother of a Muslim. He neither oppresses him nor humiliates him nor looks down upon him. Piety is here - and he pointed to his chest three times. It is evil enough for a Muslim to hold his brother Muslim in contempt. All things of a Muslim are inviolable for another Muslim: his blood, his property and his honour.”

[Muslim]

These are just a few of the things that we as Muslims find ourselves doing EVERY SINGLE DAY. Some people choose not to ponder these facts but they are living in denial and blindness and they will definitely be in for a rude wakeup call when the Trumpet sounds.

Every day when I think about just how badly our Ummah has deviated from the way of the Prophet PBUH, this Ayah always comes in mind.

And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allah (which is Islam) and be not divided among yourselves. (Surah Al-Imran, Ayah 103)

We let that Rope go a long time ago. And now we're paying for it.

For me, it reflects on our divisions within the Ummah and how the Kuffar have managed to take advantage of this. After all, we had been warned by Rasul Allah SAW that this would happen and imagine the arrogance of the Ummah that we just ignored all of his words.

So I guess I can say that this Ummah has an IMMENSE amount of problems but the SOLUTION would be for all of us to stop what we're doing, take a look at every calamity that has come to pass in the world, realize how Allah and His Messenger PBUH warned us about ALL of it, and how we ignored them anyway. And then, brothers and sisters, I think we will FINALLY wake up inshAllah.

OsMaN_93

Here to help

...................:salam2:

Who is the Saved Sect?

:ma:...please do read them, [short articles]
May Allah unite this ummah, and guide them to the true path..:tti_sister:
.​

cmelbouzaidi

+1 walaikumussalam
+2

Also, I agree with the Sister or Brother who mentioned Muslims getting away from Qur'an and Sunnah, and I would add division and hypocrisy. :astag:

Also, part of the problem is some wanting to assume power under the false pretence of protecting Islam when really it may be just a political and power hungry agenda and has nothing to do with Islam.

May Allah protect us from these behaviours and may we be a positive non-judgemental example to others, Muslim and non-Muslim, to worship Allah as best we can and to spread the good-tidings of Islam in the best manner possible, Insha Allah.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
becasue muslims are uneducated, especially scholars.

the one that I admire is only shaikh saleh as-saleh who is a doctor and scholar:ma: ..

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum,

The biggest problem with our ummah IS division... We are not One... Everyone cares about theirself and not about others. Every Muslim nation is on their own... We need to wake up and be one hand..

salam,

salahdin

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

1.Division not united under the umbrella of LA ILLAHA ILALA MUHAMMADA RASULULAH.

2. WE HATE DEATH AND PREFER THIS MATERIAL LIFE and not the hereafter

3. Pointing finger at one another (just like the jews and the christians did)

4. Not following the sharia( QURAN & the SUNNAH)

adiilah

Assalaamuralaikum wrb ...

I would reply that every problem has a source and the source of the ummah problem start from the heart of the muslim , then the personality of the muslim , then the muslim family. then the jamaat comprising of the muslim leaders and the masjid. then at last the muslim ummah in a country and as a whole ( if we are ..maybe only the e-ummah...coz i think that where the ummah exist )

shari

Brother

i agree

Salaam,

Our problem is our ourselves as individuals....

Are we praying?

Are we Fasting?

Are we treating our parents and family kindly?

Are we not letting our tongues say derogatory & filthy words?

Are we paying our obligatory zakat?

Are we good role models for non-Muslims?

Are we reading and understanding Islam? Giving dawa?

Are we letting our hearts be attached to the worldly desires of this life and not focusing on the after-life?

Are we standing against injustice/oppression?

Are we obtaining knowledge and educating ourselves to fit with the standards of society?

Is our life balanced? Dedication to family, friends, Islam, Quran, School, job, etc

etc, etc.....

Everyone is quick to point fingers at this group or that sect, this country or that country, these Muslims or Christians or those Jews..NO!...we individuals have to look within our own souls before we can change anything.

I am by no means perfect nor am I claiming to be. The point is in order to strive for a better tomorrow...we have to fix ourselves first, then individually anbd collectively we will see the changes around us, Inshallah.

adiilah

Reform of the heart, the individual muslim and the family would insha Allah lead to a better society and a stronger ummah...

I would add that the problem of our ummah today reside in the heart of every muslim today .... ( whatever the name you give to the problem, division , sect , hypocrisy, selfishness, lack of knowledge )

the source is the heart of the muslim who is sick today ...

the Quran and the Sunnah are the same words written black on white but the heart of muslim today has changed and thus we can give list of name problems the source is OUR HEART IS SICK

May Allah help us to reform our heart AMEEN

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

In addition to the other responses I simply state we forget we are in the Presence of Allah subhana talla.