What do you think...

palestine

Servant of Allah
our biggest problem is division between one another based on color, nationality, and where we come from. this has become such a big issue that while we fight each other the kuffar fight from one side attacking us all at once. we are at the time the prophet described- being eaten from all sides. astaghfirullah .like isra said, not reflecting on our sorry state and still manage to do nothing about it. so the question is not what our biggest problem is. the question is wha can we do as an ummah, as tti members, as individuals, as human beings and as mothers, sisters, daughters and so on? what CAN WE DO? because we are capable of doing one thing for sure- UNITING. even if it may be just in our area. it's a start. so why do we complain- why don't we actually do something. i'm sick of talking, cause that's all we do. it's time we do something. subhanallah!
jazakallah for this thread. salam.

mezeren

the damascus sermon

a short info first,then the sermon where the question "What is our most important problems nowadays as an Ummah ?" were explained and the solutions aswell.it was a century ago but the problems and the cures remains the same.you could find the whole sermon on the net.

In the autumn of 1910, Bediuzzaman moved south and until the following spring, made "a winter Jourey through the Arab lands," continuing "to give lessons on constitutionalism." 20 He visited Damascus in early 1911, where he stayed as a guest in the Salahiya district. It was during this stay that, on the insistence of the Damascus ulema, he gave his famous Damascus Sermon in the Umayyad Mosque. Bediuzzaman's fame must have been considerable, for close on ten thousand people, including one hundred ulema, packed into the historic building to listen to him.21 The text of the sermon was afterwards printed twice in one week.

The Sermon is in the form of "Six Words" taken from "the pharmacy of the Qur'an", which constitute the cure or medicine for the "six dire sicknesses" which Bediuzzaman had diagnosed as having arrested the development of the Islamic world.

mezeren

The Damascus Sermon

In the Name of God, the Merciful,
the Compassionate.

We too offer the praise and thanks and gifts that all animate creatures offer through the tongues of their beings and lives to their Creator, the Necessarily Existent One, Who said:
Do not despair of God’s mercy.1. Qur'an, 39:53.

And never-ending blessings and peace be upon our Prophet, Muhammad the Elect of God (Upon whom blessings and peace), who said:
“I came to perfect morality.” 2. 'Ajluni, Kashf al-Khafa, i, 211

That is, “An important reason for my being sent to mankind by Almighty God was to perfect good conduct and morality, and deliver mankind from immorality and vice.”

Having offered praise to God and sought His blessings for His Messenger, I say this: O my Arab brothers who are listening here in the Umayyad Mosque! I have not mounted this pulpit, which is far above my station, in order to guide you, for to teach you is beyond my authority. I am like a child before this gathering, among whom are close on a hundred religious scholars, who goes to school in the morning and learns his lesson, then in the evening returns and repeats it to his father. His father sees whether or not what the child has learnt is correct, and the child awaits either approval or guidance from him. Yes, we are like children before you, and we are your students. You are our masters, and the masters of the other Muslim nations. I shall therefore repeat to you, our masters, part of the lesson I have learnt. It is as follows:
In the conditions of the present time in these lands, I have learnt a lesson in the school of mankind’s social life and I have realized that what has allowed foreigners, Europeans, to fly towards the future on progress while it arrested us and kept us, in respect of material development, in the Middle Ages, are six dire sicknesses. The sicknesses are these:
FIRSTLY: The rising to life of despair and hopelessness in social life.
SECONDLY: The death of truthfulness in social and political life.
THIRDLY: Love of enmity.
FOURTHLY: Not knowing the luminous bonds that bind the believers to one another.
FIFTHLY: Despotism, which spreads, becoming widespread as though it was various contagious diseases
SIXTHLY: Restricting endeavour to what is personally beneficial.
I shall explain, by means of six ‘Words,’ the lesson I have learnt from the pharmacy of the Qur’an, which is like a faculty of medicine. This lesson constitutes the medicine to cure our social life of those six dire sicknesses.

Meraj

Brother
:salam2:

I thought of sharing this file with you all...hope you will read it and find it benificial if not fully related with the subject but i guess it has some role to play here in this situation inshaAllah....

:wasalam:

Attachments

• Beyond_the_troubled_relationship.pdf
    700 KB · Views: 16

Almeftah

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

I think that the main problem we are having since forever, Is Fitnah of this life..

People became obsessed with this life and lost faith, And i would say for sure that at least 85% of all muslims now adays care about this life more than anything else.

They don't care about islam even though they say they do..

A muslim woman cries to Allah, and ask him to give here whatever she asks of him... but she refuses to wear hijaab.

A muslim man cries to Allah and ask him to make him pass his exams or get a new car... and he never prays.

And if these two dont get what they want, they make it an excuse not to commit ever more...
and if they get it, they'd say i did it by my own, no one helped me.

It is ONLY ALLAH who gives and takes, and it is HE who gave us this life, and Only HE can take it away from us.

And to those who warship life, I'd say:"May Allah have mercy on you". cuz you'll definitely need it.

Turk Gumption

Selamun Aleykum

I think our most important problem is there is no central authority or religious unity for Muslims . Catholics have the Vatican and Orthodox Christians have the Patriarchate so why we haven't any central administration.

Maybe its main reason relatited muslims countries regimes. Almost all muslims country administrate by despotes or secular oppressors. But Allah will complete his noor sooner or later IshAllah...

Their intention is to extinguish Allah's Light (by blowing) with their mouths: But Allah will complete His Light, even though the Unbelievers may detest (it). (61-08)

Turk Gumption

:salam2:

I thought of sharing this file with you all...hope you will read it and find it benificial if not fully related with the subject but i guess it has some role to play here in this situation inshaAllah....

:wasalam:

Good works... Thank you for sharing brother..

Selams...

mfarooq-khan

Asalam-W-Alaikum brothers/Sisters

In my view the biggest problem today of ummah is, the negation of Jihad, I have seen People afraid of death and going in the way of Allah(SWT), Saying no to jihad has made us coward and made our enemies brave and made them attacked on us.

this has made all the ummah slave to the enamies of Islam. today no muslim state is free and can not make any decision according to its will. even the rich Saudi Arabia and Atomic Power Pakistan. the rulers are slave to the America, this is due to their fear of death and submission to the will of America.

Solution:

the only way we can get our glory back by fighting in the way of Allah and spreading the message of Islam.

it all comes down to following the Quran and the Sunnah....if we would follow them then we would b in a much beetter state than we r rite now....we have turned nothing but into beggars rite now!!!