what does my dreams mean?

Dakoish Muslim

لا إله إلا الله
As'Salam Alaikum -peace be upon you-

there was one dream that I was at my living room and my brother left the room and it was totally dark! and I mean like you couldn't see a thing and I could feel things around me that wanted to scare me so I left me the living room and I entered another different room but this time I saw a really ugly man at the window making fun of Allah and holding a sign but I couldn't read it so I picked up an item and threw it at him! (as soon as I woke up I said Allahu Akbar)

and there was another time that I saw my house destroyed by a flood and it was raining so hard so I went to my backyard (without a reason) and I saw a big lightning bolt hit the ground and I saw a really big explosion, like a mushroom shape, and the dust was heading towards me like mad so I made a reflex and covered my face from it and I kept on repeating "la illaha illahla" and the dust couldn't touch me nor harm me, thus, it went out of my way.

all of these dreams are real. so don't assume that I am making it up, by Allah!

Precious Star

As'Salam Alaikum -peace be upon you-

there was one dream that I was at my living room and my brother left the room and it was totally dark! and I mean like you couldn't see a thing and I could feel things around me that wanted to scare me so I left me the living room and I entered another different room but this time I saw a really ugly man at the window making fun of Allah and holding a sign but I couldn't read it so I picked up an item and threw it at him! (as soon as I woke up I said Allahu Akbar)

and there was another time that I saw my house destroyed by a flood and it was raining so hard so I went to my backyard (without a reason) and I saw a big lightning bolt hit the ground and I saw a really big explosion, like a mushroom shape, and the dust was heading towards me like mad so I made a reflex and covered my face from it and I kept on repeating "la illaha illahla" and the dust couldn't touch me nor harm me, thus, it went out of my way.

all of these dreams are real. so don't assume that I am making it up, by Allah!

they probably reflect your fear of the dark. Also, have there been a lot of storms in your region lately? The world is being hit with some crazy weather systems lately - even Beiruit got snow yesterday. Have you been watching the news a lot?

The possibilities are endless. Generally, dreams reflect whatever we are thinking about on a conscious or unconscious level.

reamy

Asalamualeykum brother dakoish,
In a hadith, the Prophet (PBUH) says: “A dream does not come true as long as the dreamer keeps it to himself. If revealed, it comes true. Therefore, tell your dreams only, to the ones who are wise, who loves you and who can give advice to you.” (related by Tirmizi)
So, it is better for you to ask the meanings and interpretations from people who are trustable in knowledge and deed.
The Prophet (PBUH)says: “If one of you has a dream that s/he likes, it is from Allah. Let him/her offer thanks to Allah for that and let him/her tell his/her dream. If s/he has a dream that s/he doesn't like, it is from the Satan. Let him/her seek refuge in Allah from its harm; and let him/her not mention it to anyone. Otherwise it will harm him/her.”
I hope this can help brother:)

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam 'alikum,in the first dream it seems that the you reject your "dark" side of yourself,but you're not totally sure of your choose.maybe that ugly man was yourself,your fears.but many times what is externarly ugly can be nice inside.he was offending Allah because he wanted tot est your firmness in your faith,and indeed you are a good believer!

the second dream strangerly ,I have been doing the same in these last days.the main cause can be a stressing situation that the "rain" washes away.differently from you,when I've seen that lighting like a mushrooms,I was aware that the End was coming for me,and I took Shahada waiting that it hurt the ground.I could see all my family disappearing from my sight,while you ran to the backyard.but the dust didn't touch you,because one more time you demostrated how strong your faith is.these are warnings that maybe something great is going to happen,it depends from you,if you're able to catch the signs..

I'm not a scolar,but if it can help you,alhamdulillah.in the end Allahu 'alim,I'm none to be sure.

Dakoish Muslim

لا إله إلا الله
salam 'alikum,in the first dream it seems that the you reject your "dark" side of yourself,but you're not totally sure of your choose.maybe that ugly man was yourself,your fears.but many times what is externarly ugly can be nice inside.he was offending Allah because he wanted tot est your firmness in your faith,and indeed you are a good believer!

the second dream strangerly ,I have been doing the same in these last days.the main cause can be a stressing situation that the "rain" washes away.differently from you,when I've seen that lighting like a mushrooms,I was aware that the End was coming for me,and I took Shahada waiting that it hurt the ground.I could see all my family disappearing from my sight,while you ran to the backyard.but the dust didn't touch you,because one more time you demostrated how strong your faith is.these are warnings that maybe something great is going to happen,it depends from you,if you're able to catch the signs..

I'm not a scolar,but if it can help you,alhamdulillah.in the end Allahu 'alim,I'm none to be sure.

I guess so. last year I was, a very very bad man.

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
as salaamu alaikum,

Just a word of caution inshallah, that do not try to interpret dreams. If one does it under cultural context then both people should be of the same culture. Otherwise if being done in Islamic context, then it's best to go to a qualified Islamic sheikh who has specialized in this field of study.

Imaam al-Baghawi said:
Know that the interpretation of dreams falls into various categories. Dreams may be interpreted in the light of the Qur’aan or in the light of the Sunnah, or by means of the proverbs that are current among people, or by names and metaphors, or in terms of opposites. (Sharh al-Sunnah, 12/220)

He gave examples of this, such as:
Interpretation in the light of the Qur’aan: such as a rope meaning a covenant, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allaah…” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:103]
Interpretation in the light of the Sunnah: such as the crow representing an immoral man (faasiq), because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) called it such.
Interpretation by means of proverbs: such a digging a hole meaning a plot, because people say “Whoever digs a hole will fall in it.”
Interpretation by means of names: such as seeing a man called Raashid meaning wisdom.
Interpretation by means of opposites: such as fear meaning safety, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):“And He will surely give them in exchange a safe security after their fear” [al-Noor 24:55]

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/6537

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/25768/

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/67624

Dakoish Muslim

لا إله إلا الله
as salaamu alaikum,

Just a word of caution inshallah, that do not try to interpret dreams. If one does it under cultural context then both people should be of the same culture. Otherwise if being done in Islamic context, then it's best to go to a qualified Islamic sheikh who has specialized in this field of study.

Imaam al-Baghawi said:
Know that the interpretation of dreams falls into various categories. Dreams may be interpreted in the light of the Qur’aan or in the light of the Sunnah, or by means of the proverbs that are current among people, or by names and metaphors, or in terms of opposites. (Sharh al-Sunnah, 12/220)

He gave examples of this, such as:
Interpretation in the light of the Qur’aan: such as a rope meaning a covenant, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allaah…” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:103]
Interpretation in the light of the Sunnah: such as the crow representing an immoral man (faasiq), because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) called it such.
Interpretation by means of proverbs: such a digging a hole meaning a plot, because people say “Whoever digs a hole will fall in it.”
Interpretation by means of names: such as seeing a man called Raashid meaning wisdom.
Interpretation by means of opposites: such as fear meaning safety, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):“And He will surely give them in exchange a safe security after their fear” [al-Noor 24:55]

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/6537

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/25768/

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/67624

I can't view those sites

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
I can't view those sites

Basically, dreams are 3 kinds. Good from Allah, bad from shaytan, and others from reflection of life and whats on your mind. Good ones you can share with wise people you trust and ask qualified people to interpret, bad ones you don't tell anyone and seek refuge with Allah from the cursed shaytan.