What happens if someone prays Jahannam for me?

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam alaikum brothers and sisters

What happens if someone prays Jahannam for me?

To summarize the problem going on; friendship.

A friend and I broke up and I sent an e-mail to her asking for forgiveness and since I'm a revert of nearly 3 years alhamdulillah she says those years she has been teaching me have gone to waste - this is where backbiting comes along.
She began to backbite about the new friends I stay with, even though the friends I stay with make my imaan sky high mashaAllah.. Is this girl jealous?

Also, she said she's related to Muhammad s.a.w and she says stuff like: (this is what I copied and pasted)
oh yh n remmbr dat ive always made dua n i still du da "o Allah . ruin ikraam in dis world n in da hereafter (n her supporters in dis matter)"

Ikraam is a lovely friend of mine . Ikraam broke up with her and I began to hang around with Ikraam which the girl said it's okay to do so, and then hatred split us up.

I feel so heart broken again, how many times has this girl broke my heart now?? I've put already 3 threads about her.

She said when she sees Muhammad s.a.w on Judgement day:
I promise dat inshallah i will ask him den am gnna tel him 2 question u about ure iman"

One of the most arrogant things I've ever heard in my lifetime:
"if it wernt 4 me den today u knw very well where ure iman wud be"

She then sent two of my friends as messengers instead of saying to my face some disturbing stuff. I'm disappointed in myself that I went up to her and said why are you saying this for instead of ignoring,
and then she shouted so much and said "I pray that you go to jahannam until I die"

............. Heart-broken. Lost. Helpless. Am I the one to blame? Did I do something wrong?

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarkatuhu

Dear sister you should talk with your friend on nice way and tell her that you love her for the sake of Allah,and exaplain her that she should not use those kind of words toward you because you are both Muslimah and Muslims should not opress or offend other Muslim on any way.

Inshallah if you talk with her on kind way and give her advices than maybe it wil reach more to her heart with the help of Allah.

I know sister that sometimes our girl friends or cousins may be jelous for us for some reason and that it may be because they feel less confident in themselves,and that this kind of feelings it may make them feel like that. And Allah Only knows The best.

May Allah help you my sister in your worries for there is not better help than of Him SubhanAllah. Ameen summa ameen

I will keep you in my duas. :tti_sister:

:wasalam:

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam
Thank you sister Asja for your humble words, but how do I confront her if she made an oath (she said gusum) that she will pray I go to Jahannam?
I forgot to mention the oath..
I don't think she will forgive me ??

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam,

does not sound like much of a friend to me.

Make the Istikhara prayer and decide whether you want to hang around with such a Muslima. She is very troubled and making things very difficult for you.

She is really digging a hole for herself by saying some of the things she says, and it seems obvious she is quite immature. To say that she is related to the Prophet (s) and that this will make her incorrect duas against you answered, is really bad. - That she will ask the Prophet Muhammad (s) on day of judgement about your Iman, just smacks of arrogance. -- On that day, everyone will be desperate to save themselves from the fire, desperate to get all the good deeds they can - to no avail - so she will be trying to incur further sins?

My advice to you sister, is to keep your distance. If she gives you salams then return her salams, and be kind to her. But, be careful. Dont let her drain away your energy. You have your own life, you have to give yourself time. Spend your time learning and mixing with those sisters who are kind and caring towards you. It seems you have done your best, and you have to be much more guarded with the people you spend your time with.

May Allah help us all and to surround us with those people who are righteous, well mannered and with sincere love filled hearts. Amin

BTW, I just saw your second post. Oaths that are made such as telling someone they are going to hell, are very bad. This is a sin to do, nobody has a right to tell another they are going to hell. Astaghfirullah. - Any bad or haram du'aa, such as wishing another person evil, death or tradgedy, are not answered by Allah. Rather, bad actions are weighed against the one who does them.

So, dont allow these things to get to you. She is using these things to hurt you, because she knows you fear Allah. - These are the actions of a manipulative and cruel person, not those of a Muslima.

Assalamu alaykum

Haadiya

subhana allah ... im sorry to hear that muslimah should never pray jahanam for a muslimah.
as you said maybe she's jealous.. talk to her insha allah asked what makes her say such things.

may allah show her the haq.

be patientmy dear sister.

Kakorot

Tell her she should worry about herself and stop acting like she's guaranteed heaven. And on the day of judgement the Prophet pbuh is not going to have time to sort out petty little arguments, he's going to have more important things to do.

Salam2you, I don't know why you make a big fuss about this girl. Why stay around someone who constantly puts you down? Just ignore her completely and stay away from her.

What she says about religion seems twisted, what sect is she from?

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam alaikum Mabsoot

MashaAllah you said what had to be said - Many Muslims watched her rave at me and they of course took my side which made me feel bad..
I still pray that Allah forgives her inshaAllah even though she claimed "Allah guided you but can misguide you"..

JazakAllah khair for your answers Mabsoot and Asja I feel much more comforted. She made me think I was the bad person and subhanAllah ;I felt shaytan whispering that I'm too sinful too pray.

Allah the Al-Mighty can only judge us but I thought because she claims she's a sayyid her prayer "will be accepted".

Trust me, I've only said half of the story but may Allah forgive both me and her.
Alhamdulillah I think I haven't back-bited in this thread her name is not mentioned, may Allah avoid me from that

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
subhana allah ... im sorry to hear that muslimah should never pray jahanam for a muslimah.
as you said maybe she's jealous.. talk to her insha allah asked what makes her say such things.

may allah show her the haq.

be patientmy dear sister.

JazakAllah khair for your reply, but sister trust me her oath is stable my words wouldn't make a difference

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Just ignore her completely

Assalamu alaykum,

We should not ignore people completely, unless they are really harmful to us. Muslims have basic rights, such as to return their Salams, to visit the sick, pray the funerals etc She does not have to go out of her way to contact her, but if she is contacted, she must do the minimum that Islam states we do.

So, it is important to have an understanding of Loving and Hating for Allah's sake. If we do things in the wrong way, that which is not sanctioned by the Quran and Sunnah, it may make matters worse, increasing hatred, jealousy or even drive people away from Islam.

If the sister is bad influence and moves her towards sin and other problems, yes she should stay away. At same time, its important to learn to not just give 100% of time, friendship and heart away to people. Trust and friendship is earned. True friends stick by you, and a real Muslim, is one who is always there, ready to help, no matter what. They shape their character around the Quran and the Sunnah, do what they can to please Allah.

Wasalamu alaykum

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

Sorry to hear you have had to hear something like that from someone. I make dua for you that you can forget and forgive her hers bad words. May Allah also guide her to speak like muslims should speak and behave with others.

tariq353

Extent of arrogance.......:astag:

Quran 49:11.
O you who have believed, let not a people ridicule [another] people; perhaps they may be better than them; nor let women ridicule [other] women; perhaps they may be better than them. And do not insult one another and do not call each other by [offensive] nicknames. Wretched is the name [i.e., mention] of disobedience after [one's] faith. And whoever does not repent – then it is those who are the wrongdoers.

it is not allowed for a Muslim to make fun of other , may be the other is better in Allah's view and your friend is ......... :astag:

It is Allah who guides....your friend should be grateful that Allah choose her to pass guidance.
Quran 2:142 He guides whom He wills to a straight path."

We have already discussed the matter of Syed
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76390

wa salam

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam: my dear sister :)

When this life takes us through various ways, the fighting, and the small small misunderstandings, and hurts may beautify our lives....:)

So take it easy...

When a problem arises, your part is to seek forgiveness from the opposite party and to bring back peace, which you have already done, MASHA ALLAH :)
But ... no matter how much she hurts you, dont ever reduce your love and friend ship on her...

I too have got hurt with a friend of mine.. and still getting hurt..

but you should do SABR my sister :) and proof your devoted love.. :)

By the ways.... NO MUSLIM CAN CURSE ANOTHER MUSLIM TO GO TO HELL

If she is doing that to you, then she is having a very week knowledge on Islam.. May Allah Azzawajal protect and guide us all Aameen.

Be with her.. BUT REMEMBER ONE THING... she should NEVER influence you, but your beautiful Akhlaaq should influence her :) Insha Allah

'coz....

Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said that

“A good friend and a bad friend are like a perfume-seller and a blacksmith: The perfume-seller might give you some perfume as a gift, or you might buy some from him, or at least you might smell its fragrance. As for the blacksmith, he might singe your clothes, and at the very least you will breathe in the fumes of the furnace.”
[Sahih al-Bukhari & Muslim]

May Allah Azzawajal bless all of with goodness in both the worlds Aameen

Be happy sister ..forget the hurts and forgive her..

Dont worry, no one curse you :)

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Tell her she should worry about herself and stop acting like she's guaranteed heaven. And on the day of judgement the Prophet pbuh is not going to have time to sort out petty little arguments, he's going to have more important things to do.

Salam2you, I don't know why you make a big fuss about this girl. Why stay around someone who constantly puts you down? Just ignore her completely and stay away from her.

What she says about religion seems twisted, what sect is she from?

Salam alaikum ~

You're right mashaAllah.
She's of the hanafi sect. But claims to be a relative of Muhammad s.a.w and calls him grandad.. Allah A'lam.

tariq353

Salam alaikum ~

She's of the hanafi sect. But claims to be a relative of Muhammad s.a.w and calls him grandad.. Allah A'lam.

We all are from Adam a.s. and call him as great great great great...granddad :D

We all (Including Prophet :saw:) are from same parents Adam & Hawwa (a.s.) even the non believers are but this isn't the criteria for heaven.

Have you told her that Abu Lahab was more closely related to Prophet :saw: then her and for Abu Lahab there is whole Surah that he will burn in fire. [Quran 111]

wa salam

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam~

jazakAllah khairan to you all - I'm trying to take this all into account so that I have wise actions to what I do.

I don't mind forgiving her and forgetting it all.. But I don't think she will break her oath? She was really serious that I think I've never seen her so arrogant ever.
She was a great friend and Allah knows best of her intentions.
I really want forgiveness from her but I know she will say no this time. And now I have a bad name since she talk about me so much to her family

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
We all are from Adam a.s. and call him as great great great great...granddad
:D

Have you told her that Abu Lahab was more closely related to Prophet :saw: then her and for Abu Lahab there is whole Surah that he will burn in fire. [Quran 111]

wa salam

That is so true!
MashaAllah good point~

It saddens me though how she puts so many words that Muhammad s.a.w has never said which means she is lying of Muhammad s.a.w.

tariq353

It saddens me though how she puts so many words that Muhammad s.a.w has never said which means she is lying of Muhammad s.a.w.

May be due to ignorance otherwise any person even with a little knowledge would think many times before attributing any thing to Prophet:saw: as lying in the name of Allah or Rasool :saw: is very serious.:astag:

Quran 10:69 Say, "Indeed, those who invent falsehood about Allah will not succeed."

Sahi Bukhari 1.106:
Narrated `Ali: The Prophet said, "Do not tell a lie against me for whoever tells a lie against me (intentionally) then he will surely enter the Hell−fire."

Don't be sad... May Allah give her guidance

auroran

Oh yeah, it's that girl who is a syed and claimed that if someone makes a syed angry, it makes the Prophet :saw: angry, and that makes Allaah azza wa jal angry.

Narrated Samurah ibn Jundub: The Prophet :saw: said: Do not invoke Allah's curse, Allah's anger, or Hell.

Narrated Thabit bin Ad-Dahhak: Allah's Apostle :saw: said, "Whoever swears by a religion other than Islam (i.e. if somebody swears by saying that he is a non-Muslim e.g., a Jew or a Christian, etc.) in case he is telling a lie, he is really so if his oath is false, and a person is not bound to fulfill a vow about a thing which he does not possess. And if somebody commits suicide with anything in this world, he will be tortured with that very thing on the Day of Resurrection; and if somebody curses a believer, then his sin will be as if he murdered him; and whoever accuses a believer of Kufr (disbelief), then it is as if he killed him."

Narrated Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: Whoever tells a lie about me deliberately, let him take his place in Hell.

Since she's aware that she's pulling false hadiths out of thin air, tell her it's undoubtedly haraam, and show her the hadith to prove it. Also, have her know that cursing a believer is like that of murdering one so she would stop doing that du'a'. You have one person cursing you but insha' Allaah ta'aala you're in my du'a's.

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam dear sister fourteen

MashaAllah you went straight to the point

JazakAllah for telling me this, I e-mailed her this with no further inclination.
I hope she gets forgiven because if I was in her position I wouldn't want to be cursed.

JazakAllah khairan all of youuuuuu !!!!!!!!!!

btw how can she stop making dua though she made an oath that she will pray this dua until she dies?

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu

Say her your from Prophet Adam (Alayhis-salam) and if she curses you she is cursing the whole mankind then. Ask her will she have that much time on day of Judgement to ask to the Prophet(Peace Be Upon Him) those 2 questions we all will be astonished that day wont even have a milli second to think about something else or will she be given some special preference on that day.
Muslim (2598) narrated that Abu’l-Darda’ (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Those who curse a great deal will not be witnesses or intercessors on the Day of Resurrection.”

Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The believer is not a slanderer, one who curses a great deal, one who indulges in obscenity or who in engages in foul talk.” Al-Tirmidhi said: It is a hasan ghareeb hadeeth. And it was narrated in al-Saheehayn from Thaabit ibn al-Dahhaak that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Cursing a believer is like killing him.”
If she said I pray you go to Jahannam then ask her what guarantee she has she wont be in there or say her we are all going to be in heaven Inshaa`Allah so no point praying that.

Muslims should neither curse nor imprecate each other with words such as, 'May the Curse of Allah be upon you,' or 'I wish you to burn in Hell-fire,' etc. Narrated Samurah Ibn Jundub (radhi allahu anhu), 'Allah's Messenger (sallallahu aliahi wa-sallam) said, 'Do not curse one another, invoking curse of Allah or Wrath of Allah or the fire of Hell.' [Abu Dawood, at-Tirmidhee]

To curse a Muslim is akin to killing him. Allah's Messenger (sallallahu aliahi wa-sallam) said, 'Cursing a believer is like murdering him.' [Agreed upon]

The act of cursing is such that one who does it can himself become a recipient of it. Narrated Abu Darda (radhi allahu anhu), 'Allah's Messenger (sallallahu aliahi wa-sallam) said, 'When a person curses (La'nah; to ask that something be deprived of Allah's Mercy) somebody or something, the curse goes up to the heaven and the gates of the heaven are closed. Then it comes down to the earth and its gates are closed. Then it turns right and left, and if it does not find an entrance to go anywhere, it returns to the person or thing that was cursed, if he or it deserves to be cursed; otherwise, it returns to the person, who uttered it.' [Abu Dawood] Allah's Messenger (sallallahu aliahi wa-sallam) also warned, 'Those who frequently resort to cursing would neither be accepted as witnesses nor as intercessors on the Day of Resurrection.' [Saheeh Muslim]

It is not allowed to curse, disgrace or humiliate even a sinner because in doing so, one helps the Shaytan, who is avowed to disgrace and humiliate Muslims before Allah. Narrated Abu Hurayrah (radhi allahu anhu), 'A drunkard was brought to the Prophet (sallallahu aliahi wa-sallam). He (r) said, 'Give him a beating.' Then some beat him with their hands, some with their shoes, and some with (a folded) piece of cloth. When he left, someone said to him, 'May Allah disgrace you!' The Prophet (sallallahu aliahi wa-sallam) said, 'Do not help Shaytan overcome him by uttering such words.' [Saheeh al-Bukharee]

Moreover, it is incorrect to curse a sinner because perhaps, the person may have sought Istagfar (seek forgiveness for one's sins) and Allah, the All-Forgiving, may have forgiven the person for his transgression. It is related in Saheeh Muslim that during the time of Allah's Messenger (sallallahu aliahi wa-sallam), when a woman was being punished for the sin of adultery, her blood spurted upon Khalid Ibn Waleed (radhi allahu anhu), who swore at her. Thereupon, the Prophet (sallallahu aliahi wa-sallam) said, 'Khalid, be gentle. By Him, in Whose Hand is my life, she has made such a repentance that even if a wrongful tax collector were to repent, he would have been forgiven.' He (sallallahu aliahi wa-sallam) then prayed over her and she was buried. Therefore, the right conduct would be to pray for his or her guidance and refrain from any critique, cursing or humiliation.

Even the deceased Muslims should not be censured or condemned for their wrongdoings, for, they have reached their end and they are receiving the return of their deeds in the Hereafter. Aa'isha (radhi allahu anha) narrated, 'The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu aliahi wa-sallam) said, 'Do not abuse the dead, because they have attained that which they had forwarded (i.e., their deeds, good or bad).' [Saheeh al-Bukharee]