What is Durian?

Nur Solehah

SubhanAllah
:salam2:

Durian is a fruit. we call it 'King of fruits'. Have you ever taste Durian before? and if you did how does it taste? share your experience eating Durian :D. It is Durian season now at my place. we got lots of Durians in here.

i072503031modcm8.jpg

180pxd101andrandomstockfy6.jpg

180pxdurianpack01ud5.jpg

This is Durian. That green fruits with sharp thorns, fully capable of drawing blood. BUT It tastes like HEAVEN!! :ma: i just ate it yesterday :SMILY149: that red fruit is 'Rambutan'.

And this is fermented Durian. we call it 'Tempoyak'. Gulai Tempoyak is made from fermented Durian(Tempoyak).

i072503081modwr8.jpg

This is Gulai Tempoyak cooked with fish, lemon grass, Kaffir lime leaves, fermented durian, chillies, cucumbers. This is my version of Gulai Tempoyak :D
picture214tq1.jpg

These three 'Durian', 'Tempoyak' and 'Gulai Tempoyak' are closely related. Oooh, i feel hungry now...

for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

JazakAllah khair.
Durian is very popular in Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore
It does taste like heaven

happy_muslimah

Save Palestine..
Salaamu alykum
I have always heard my friends at school talk about it,but i had know idea what it was..jazakllah khaira for the pictures:):)..They say you have to step on it to open it??
Is it true?? or were the just fooling me around?? lol...
Salaams:)

D.Ahmed

Believer
Salaam

Strange looking fruit its not a Jack fruit is it??? it looks like a smaller version of a Jack fruit.:confused: