What is so bad about having sex?

Tomtom

Banned
salam alikom,

I know the Qur'an says no adultery is allowed, and it's classed as the 3rd worst sin someone can commit in Islam (after 1.shirk, 2.murder), but I don't understand the reasoning behind it.

The only counter argument I can think of is that it would cause the spread of STIs or babies born out of wedlock. However, using a condom is the answer to that and not having too many sexual partners keeps one safe.

Why is it such a serious crime in Islam??!! It's not harming anyone...

As'alaamu Alaikkum

It is also about self control. If we do not not restrain ourselves this world will deteriorate into a living hell. It is so easy to let yourself go and commit zina and adultery, however it is so hard to control this urge and those who do control it are rewarded. Unlawful sexual urges are from shaitan beginning with unclean thoughts and desires and culminating in fornication and adultery. A virgin who can stay chaste until marriage is also pure and purity is only from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

bmw540i

Mr osman,

I gather you are a Muslim right?

Now how would you like if someone slept with one of your family members if they were female?

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alaikum wr wb

Akhi :) i see u r a young boy inshALlah if wud be better if u talk to someone privately about your main concerns and feeling

but please do take time to listen to this lec it has great information

[yt]x7rAp5OHQGQ[/yt]

islamicguide

Re Adultry and Fornication

Dear Brother ,

There once cam ea man to prophet Muhammad (pbuh ) he told O propeht give me permission I was to commit adultry.
The companions of teh prophet got angry
But prophet asked them to calm down and asked the man who wanted to commit Adultry

Will you do it with your mother he replied in the negative

II) will you do it with you sisiter aunt mother in law etc.

for these question his reply was in teh nehative.

Then the prophet told him that the woman with whom he wants to commit Adultry or fornication si the mother of sombody or will be siister of somebody or will be realtive of another man.

This is the law of Islam there is no double standard no hyporcricy

according to science condom or tablets cannot gurantee you 100% safety
ISlam considers all woman equally and not as a peice of meat to be used when at the time of Lust. Fo rthis purpose only Islam allowed to have four marriages

OsMaN_93

Here to help
RE jakakum Allah khair

Salam alikom,

thanks everyone for your replies they were very helpful. I think I get why it was prohibited. And Special thanks to Aapa.

With regards to those who said that we should just follow the Qur'an blindly without asking questions, then that's haram, because in Islam we are supposed to ask questions and seek knowledge in order to understand the rules.

Be rational.

waslam alikom

sachin4islam

Salam alikom,

thanks everyone for your replies they were very helpful. I think I get why it was prohibited. And Special thanks to Aapa.

With regards to those who said that we should just follow the Qur'an blindly without asking questions, then that's haram, because in Islam we are supposed to ask questions and seek knowledge in order to understand the rules.

Be rational.

waslam alikom

Assalamu Alaikum:

The word ''Rational" is a tool for atheists. We Muslims have to be conservative and orthodox. How will you apply rationality to Divine code of conduct.? Moderate Islam is a misnomer.

I challenge you the day you go rational,Naudubillah,you would scatter from Siratal Mustaqim.

I believe firmly in Tawheed,Islam transparently preaches Tawheed and so for me anything that strikes my mind against Deen of Allah,I throw it away. You may call me a blind follower as other Non-Muslims call me, Yes I blindly follow Islam and I am 100% sure in state of blindness that Islam is Deen of Allah (SWT),for these are not eyes which would perceive the truth but the heart and the intellect.

Regards.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
:salam2:

I was a virgin throughout my teens and 20's, and I was often made fun of for it. Finally when I turned 30 I decided to do something about it, so I did. Honestly, I didn't feel any different after it happened than I did before. It wasn't special, it wasn't even that good. It wasn't some magical cure-all that suddenly made me a better man, contrary to what our secular society dictates.

strive-may-i

Assalamu Alaikum:

The word ''Rational" is a tool for atheists. We Muslims have to be conservative and orthodox. How will you apply rationality to Divine code of conduct.? Moderate Islam is a misnomer.

I challenge you the day you go rational,Naudubillah,you would scatter from Siratal Mustaqim.

I believe firmly in Tawheed,Islam transparently preaches Tawheed and so for me anything that strikes my mind against Deen of Allah,I throw it away. You may call me a blind follower as other Non-Muslims call me, Yes I blindly follow Islam and I am 100% sure in state of blindness that Islam is Deen of Allah (SWT),for these are not eyes which would perceive the truth but the heart and the intellect.

Regards.
Assalaamu Alaikum.

For last few days I have been contemplating on this::
Narrated Abu Hurairah: The Prophet said, “The religion (of Islam) is easy, and whoever makes the religion a rigour, it will overpower him. So, follow a middle course (in worship); if you can’t do this, do something near to it and give glad tidings and seek help (of Allah) at morn and at dusk and some part of night.” (Al-Bukhari)

IS Prophet :saw: try to tell us that our rigour could overpower us, and make one go to an extreme , we are not supposed to be in first place!

sachin4islam

Assalaamu Alaikum.

Narrated Abu Hurairah: The Prophet said, “The religion (of Islam) is easy, and whoever makes the religion a rigour, it will overpower him. So, follow a middle course (in worship); if you can’t do this, do something near to it and give glad tidings and seek help (of Allah) at morn and at dusk and some part of night.” (Al-Bukhari)

IS Prophet :saw: try to tell us that our rigour could overpower us, and make one go to an extreme , we are not supposed to be in first place!

Walikum Assalam: Dear Br.

It is difficult to define extremism,its extent and limitations.

Regards.

Murad206

La ilaha illa-Allah.
Assalaamu Alaikum.

Assalamu alaikum. What Prophet Muhammad sall'Allahu alayhi wa sallam meant by this is, that we shouldn't do anything more then what was asked from us. For example praying
all night because, he never did this he slept at night. Or not getting married and being celibate and never having sex. Prophet Muhammad sall'Allahu alayhi wa sallam was perfectly on sirat al-mustaqeem and like it's been said, be as much like the Prophet Muhammad sall'Allahu alayhi wa sallam as possible.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Our Creator has given us the criteria to please Him so we can seek Him. He has given us everything at our disposal. It is simple. If you are a believer you do not want to stray one step off the path.

Here we are mashaAllah! Simple! Barakallahu fiki!

Wa assalamu alaykum

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
having sex is not like drinking a glass of water using every time a different glass.
it's not a joke,neither a way to feel free.if someone believes to Allah's words,he obeys,while if someone doubts about His Will,he falls in temptation and he does what's wrong.
let disbelievers "having sex like savage animals"(please delete these words if are harmful),and let the muslims "making love bismillah"...there is a great difference.maybe the young age makes you think that it exists only that way to be happy and free.the real freedom is in the "white heart"

OsMaN_93

Here to help
salam alikom,
sachin4islam, mashallah I envy your strong iman, I wwish I had it. Unfortunately, I always tend to question things that I'm commanded to do - 'Why' is probably the commonest word I use with my sheikh. jazak allah khair brother.
Justaguy, personal experience is so much better than essay responses, jazak allah khair brother - your post was helpful.
hayat83 jazak allah khair sister. And everyone else, thank you and jazak allah khair all.

I'd like to add this video to this thread:
watch the first 3 minutes to see how Allah punishes the adulterer/fornicator, mashallah do unto others as you wish for yourself. ##
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOLMm_OEy60[/ame]

waslam alikom

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

So we know that there is nothing wrong with sex as long as we follow what Allah tells us to do. Muslims can have a little fun, too.

Islam!!yay

Well I was watching the Tyra Banks Show once and there was this lady that said something like

" If you have sex before marriage then whats so special about getting married " Which makes a lot of sense.

Sex is very intimate and powerful just try to imagine if everyone had sex freely ? would that be very honourable of humanity ?

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

I have a friend who married his first wife right out of high school, under pressure from her pastor father because he wanted his daughter to be a virgin on her wedding day.

After 10 years of marriage and three kids, she suddenly decided that she wanted a divorce. Apparently she felt like she was missing out on partying and sleeping around like all of her still-single friends were. She was also having an affair with her husband's best friend.

He did the right thing and it still didn't work out for them.

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous

I have a friend who married his first wife right out of high school, under pressure from her pastor father because he wanted his daughter to be a virgin on her wedding day.

After 10 years of marriage and three kids, she suddenly decided that she wanted a divorce. Apparently she felt like she was missing out on partying and sleeping around like all of her still-single friends were. She was also having an affair with her husband's best friend.

He did the right thing and it still didn't work out for them.

So what is your point?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

His point is simple. Some people feel that they need more than what is ordained by Allah. Fools