What is there to prove during Ramadan

Ali_Ibrahim

What is your answer to the non muslim question during ramadan, ' what are you proving when you practice this holiday?'

Honestly, I tell people that ramadan is a special month during the calendar year in which all muslims have the best opportunity to become closer and closer to god. I tell them that we sacrifice very little to make us better people spiritually. The things we sacrifice not only benefit us in every aspect but that charity is often easier to come around and satan is 'locked up' so that we can become closer to god through prayers. So to answer their question, we aren't proving anything, we practice this ritual to become better. Just like anything you practice, eventually you get better and better at it.

I give people the bare minimum answer because they dont want to be lectured. I give them quick answers so they understand, why this, why that. and that's all.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Ummh, i'd say something like this: i am not trying to prove anything to anyone, i am simply obeying the commands of my Lord.. fasting is one of the deeds that it is only known to you and God, no one else know for sure if you're fasting, it is a special and unique month
30 days God gave us to get closer to Him, to perform and engage in all sorts of good actions, to take this opportunity to improve spiritually... the month of ramadan has a special connotation in the heart of every muslim, we have this bond, all of us that unites us in prayer every night... and if they are keen to know more i'd eventually go in more details...

Wassalam