What is your opinion?

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

:salam2:

I have feelings that I am under pressure from my wife (she is 5 years old muslim and I was born in a muslim family). This cause friction in our marriage. The problems are:

I shouldn't watch news where there is a female is not covered. I don't watch news often, when I watch news it will be on the internet as I don't like also watching TV as there is a lot of fitnas. So we have more than 5 years without TV. My problem is, how can you watch news in the west without coming across a woman who is not covering her hair?

She like almost never try to appear attractive to her husband. Meaning to be romantic is not her nature. Rather I hear a lot of spirituality things and no life enjoyment.

She doesn't want me to be very social with non-muslim neighbours because they are non-muslim.

She take very serious on small things on Islam on her husband. I feel like a pressure, and I don't want to do because of feel being forced. She does with good intention.

I have talked to her several times and she listens, but it seems is part of her behaviour which is difficult to change. I have explained to her that every person needs to be given dawah. But your approaches, I think is not right (maybe is right to a certain type of people). The thing is, she is bad giving her husband dawah (I think) and she keeps doing the same thing. One of the many example happen recently, iI have ordered repairs for the house where the external of the house is broken, I told her that I have explained the repair organisation that they don't need to access from inside, they can repair without coming into the house, but I told my wife that the repairs organisation are disorganised, the repair person maybe not aware or told by his employer because they are very organise. It offended her and started saying I shouldn't criticising them, I should look at my self while I did only to alert her that they may come to knock the door and want to get in. Her mother(non-muslim) knows her daughter that she is very strick to herself and to others.

I feel her kind of approaches are ruining the bond of marriage and this ruin long-term relationship. I think her companion should be hard-core muslim husband.

Your advices will be much appreciation even if criticising me.

Jazaka'Allah kheir

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
brother your story makes me really laugh!I'm not laughing at you,but,it seems my same story!I'm muslima since 2006,married to a muslim man...you should imagine what he's obliged to tolerate:):)I too tell him to pay attention to what he watches on tv,not because of women without hijab,but because we've children and even a news on the tv can influence them.my husband accepts my behaviour because he knows how much I applicate my creed on the daylife.your wife is just doing what a reverted meslim does.she takes the Sunnah in each rule,and,I'm sorry,but I agree with her.when somebody needs to knock at the door of my house I never open the door if my husband is absent,because I protect the house from everybody,can you make me know your wife please?:)I know that we coud be good friends.however,we also don't watch much tv,since I've realized how much fitnah it makes.she looks the life from the side of one who knows that will have to leave everything.if she doesn't try to be attractive to you,try to buy her some new kind of parfume or clothes,and say her that you'd like to see her in those habits...one hadith says:<for every part of your wife you dislike,there is at least one of them you like>.so,brother,it's your wife and thatnk Allah she's muslima:):wasalam:

sadik abdi

assalamu aleykum aleyjum brother ,what i would suggest id that you talk to her again and again don't give upon her like that .i mean if we just exersice abit of patience things will surely come in order ,may ALLAH help you fully and strongly.

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Jazaka'Allah Kheiran for your replies,

The other thing I didn't mentioned is that I am self-employed technician, my customers are public, sometimes I have to do business with women, not often. But if I have to deal with them I do in presences of her or a mahram.

a_stranger

Many of women when start their way to Islam they become very spiritual , they find their happiness in prayers, fasting , reciting Quran .......this may have a negative effect on their family. There should be some balance. Islam takes care of the whole life. Being a good loving caring wife is kind of Ibada. If the woman try to please Allah in all that she do she will be rewarded inshaAllah even for taking care of her appearance . Muslem women need to be educated how to be a good wife. It is not an easy task to give up the Ibada that she likes to another Ibada she don't find herself in. We need some kind of wisdom to take care of everything at the same time keeping our spirituality up.

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

brother your story makes me really laugh!I'm not laughing at you,but,it seems my same story!I'm muslima since 2006,married to a muslim man...you should imagine what he's obliged to tolerate:):)I too tell him to pay attention to what he watches on tv,not because of women without hijab,but because we've children and even a news on the tv can influence them.my husband accepts my behaviour because he knows how much I applicate my creed on the daylife.your wife is just doing what a reverted meslim does.she takes the Sunnah in each rule,and,I'm sorry,but I agree with her.when somebody needs to knock at the door of my house I never open the door if my husband is absent,because I protect the house from everybody,can you make me know your wife please?:)I know that we coud be good friends.however,we also don't watch much tv,since I've realized how much fitnah it makes.she looks the life from the side of one who knows that will have to leave everything.if she doesn't try to be attractive to you,try to buy her some new kind of parfume or clothes,and say her that you'd like to see her in those habits...one hadith says:<for every part of your wife you dislike,there is at least one of them you like>.so,brother,it's your wife and thatnk Allah she's muslima:):wasalam:

Jazaka'Allah their sister Hayat84,
I myself I don't like the TV as there a lot of fitna, I don't watch TV since the first-born was born and I am happy without it. But I can't miss news, I watch and read news on net. The problems is that if you watch news, there are female reporters who don't cover their hair of course, because we are in the west, even for the most muslim countries. Regarding repairs person coming to repairs, I normally I don't make appointment before make sure that I will be at home, this is not an issue to me as it is what is required by Almighty. Sister Hayat84, I am afraid I can't introduce her to you, because she said that she doesn't like forums(even the islamic forums) because she said men and women are talking to each other. Even she doesn't like me to be on any Islamic forum. I just log-in when she is not around. so, if I introduce you to her, then I will be in trouble.

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Many of women when start their way to Islam they become very spiritual , they find their happiness in prayers, fasting , reciting Quran .......this may have a negative effect on their family. There should be some balance. Islam takes care of the whole life. Being a good loving caring wife is kind of Ibada. If the woman try to please Allah in all that she do she will be rewarded inshaAllah even for taking care of her appearance . Muslem women need to be educated how to be a good wife. It is not an easy task to give up the Ibada that she likes to another Ibada she don't find herself in. We need some kind of wisdom to take care of everything at the same time keeping our spirituality up.

You are right, you hit the nail on the head. The thing is, I don't prevent her doing her Ibadas, even I encourage her. The problems comes when she is forcing you to do of what she thinks is right according to her understanding, this when it creates conflict, no one is doing ibada because is being forced or for the sake of human-being, is a free will. The other thing is muslim women are not like Nuns or Monks, they should cherish their relation, not concentrate on spirituality.

Idris16

She loves islam. Show her what she loves and that is aayaat and Hadiths. Show her hadiths regarding the rights of neighbors. For example see this fatwa: http://islamqa.info/en/ref/109199/neighbour

As for News, you dont need to watch news. You can read about it or listen to it. We have reuters etc that will bring fast news man.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
wow!she's really strong!assure her that in this forum men and women don't meet each other,ther is a bound of trust among us,in this forum she maby can learn to be a little "open-minded"...but,brother,I'm happy you have such a good wife.my husband allowed me to subscribe here,on the contrary way I would have never entered in any forum.please convince her,I'm really interested,maybe I also can learn from her,because as I've seen,reverted muslims have something more,I can't describe what it is,but I understand your wife.in my life I want to introduce the Niqab,because of the fitnah around me,but my husband forbides it to me.as for the women who don't cover the hair,I agree with her:)hijabi:)because as reverted muslima I conceive that muslim borns should follow the Sunnah better than us.the non-muslims she doesn't want to see,are maybe the past remembering of what she was before.it happens to me too.I had a bad story with our neighbours.we were friendly with them(non-muslims)but they cheated on us...I don't like to be spied from them,but they like that.she has reason to be so straight...if all the women were like yours,maybe the world would have been better.please convince her to subscribe here and tell her that there is a sister in Islam who wants to know her,'cause of her strong character:)

strive-may-i

Perfect example of a idea that will back fire (TM)

Just get a second wife...

:mashallah: good idea :SMILY346:

This I think is right!
I think that your wife is honest sincere and truthfull, other things can be changed wisely.

Am going to hold back. We have to wait for the experienced sisters... Patience brother

In meanwhile, be kind and see how you can bridge the gap...

Narrated ‘Aishah: Allah’s Messenger said, “Whenever kindness is added to something, it adorns it; and whenever it is withdrawn from something, it leaves it defective.”(Muslim)

Narrated ‘Aishah: Allah’s Messenger said, “Allah is Kind and He loves kindness, and confers upon kindness which He does not confer upon severity, and does not confer upon any thing besides it (kindness).” (Muslim)

Narrated Ibn ‘Abbas: Allah’s Messenger said to Ashaj Abdul-Qasis, “You possess two such qualities as Allah loves. These are clemency and tolerance.” (Muslim)

“This world is just temporary conveniences, and the best comfort in this word is a righteous woman.” (Muslim)

"The most perfect in faith amongst believers is he who is best in manner and kindest to his wife."
May be easier said then done, but you definitely have something right going there...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

If this is the worst of your problems Alhumdullila.

The issue is simpler than it looks. You two are defining boundaries in your relationships with yourselves and your relationship as a Muslim couple.

Why don't you both attend the masjid. Become active in the classes and seminars that are offered. Use this is as a blessing to gain knowledge which will put you on mutual ground. The middle path, as they say.