What kind of Muslim are you

Rashadi

I get this question a lot and it frustrates me. At times people accuse me of being Wahabbi, or Salafi and I get frustrated when people have to use other names. Our name is Muslim and the name of our deen is Islam. I am a Muslim who follows the Quran and Sunnah to the best of my ability. I do not subscribe to one of the 4 imams although I respect them all but there were even other views around during their times. I find the name Wahabi an insult and I do not know of any Muslims who identify by this name. There is no such thing as "wahabi denomination" in Islam and there is no such thing as "denomination" period. The best name and most authentic one is "Muslims" and it was shiites who named us "Sunnis" as they began calling themselves "Shiites". I also do not believe in a moderate or radical Islam but simply Islam and Muslims.

I know there are kafirs who like to destroy Islam and cause division and the only time they win is when Muslims fight one another and when we are divided. If one is a Muslim, there is no need to use another name and by doing so we are only dividing ourselves and splitting up. A Muslim is one who follows the Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet(saaws). May Allah guide us all, unite us under the correct aqeeda and make us better Muslims, ameen.

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Assalamualaikum brother, I liked your other thread "nasara/christians" it was very informative :) and heres the words which sums up the true muslims and the true islam

"A Muslim is one who follows the Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet(saaws)"

Full Stop.

Walaikumasalam

BinteShafi

Left long ago
:salam2: brother,

This is not only your problem...rather I have seen many other Muslims who try to abide by Qur'an and Sunnah are being labeled as Wahabbi....

Even in my country (Pakistan) we have accepted this "Label" for ourselves. After decades of accusation, we do not take this offensive anymore.

Please do not listen and bother about labels and try your best to stick to the command of Allah

:wasalam:

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Being a Wahhabi or Salafi is not an accusation, Both Wahabi and Salafi people are Sunna Muslims.. These two names are used by Shia for most of them hate Imam Mohammed Ibn Abdul-Wahab (Mercy of Allah be upon him), For he fought Bidh'a and revived the Sunnah of Prophet Mohammad Peace Be Upon Him.

I'm a proud Wahabi and salafi.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
:salam2:

You are right dear respected brother. Why do we face these problems? Because we are different from Kuffar. We reject their ways. We reject their words.

I cant remember how many times I heard people calling me "Wahhabi". Subuhaanallah. Non-Muslims made these words to label ALL Muslims in it and we are using them to divide among ourselves.

I will try to explain the reality of this as few points.

1) Wahhabi is a word Kuffar use to describe all Muslims. Thus nobody is escaped from it, even the Muslim brother who said that and the Muslim brother who is being said,

2) Al-Wahhab is one of the names of our Lord. So the one who call by this name is unknowingly calling by a name of our Lord with a Totally Wrong intention,

3) Islam is the one and only true religion and Muslims are the followers of Islam. There are no different types of Muslims. So the one calls his brother by such names is doing a very dangerous thing and 'Ulama says it is an act of Apostasy since they are saying bad words to the way of Rasoolullah (saw) and Sahaba. (For example calling such names because we have beard).

So be careful all those who do it.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

-brother IbnAdam-

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Brother Rashadi, just ignore this kind people. Allah has promised He will takes care the munafiqs. Let Him deal with them.

mhamzah

Salam alakum

I get this question a lot and it frustrates me. At times people accuse me of being Wahabbi, or Salafi and I get frustrated when people have to use other names. Our name is Muslim and the name of our deen is Islam.

Actually, the question is slightly wrong. There is no kinds of Muslims. There is only one Muslim i.e. one who submiits his will to the will of Allah (in short one who follows Islam).

Personally I respect, all the scholars but dont blindly follow anyone. There is a hadith which says Do not follow any scholar blindly, if there is any brother/sister who can post the reference because i read it quite some time back and dont remeber the actual hadith No.

If someone ask you this question, you should answer him back with a question i.e. 'What did Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) called himself, Salafi, Maliki, etc etc or did he call himself Muslim'

Another Question is what does Quran tell us to call ourselves. Dont think so anyone would dispute about that. If he does; just should him;

(2:133): Or were you witnesses when death approached Jacob, when he said to his sons, "What will you worship after me?" They said, "We will worship your God and the God of your fathers, Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac - one God. And we are Muslims [in submission] to Him."

002.136: Say, [O believers], "We have believed in Allah and what has been revealed to us and what has been revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the Descendants and what was given to Moses and Jesus and what was given to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him."

003.052: But when Jesus felt [persistence in] disbelief from them, he said, "Who are my supporters for [the cause of] Allah ?" The disciples said," We are supporters for Allah . We have believed in Allah and testify that we are Muslims [submitting to Him].

003.064: Say, "O People of the Scripture, come to a word that is equitable between us and you - that we will not worship except Allah and not associate anything with Him and not take one another as lords instead of Allah ." But if they turn away, then say, "Bear witness that we are Muslims [submitting to Him]."

003.084: Say, "We have believed in Allah and in what was revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Descendants, and in what was given to Moses and Jesus and to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [submitting] to Him."

005.111: And [remember] when I inspired to the disciples, "Believe in Me and in My messenger Jesus." They said, "We have believed, so bear witness that indeed we are Muslims [in submission to Allah ]."

029.046: And do not argue with the People of the Scripture except in a way that is best, except for those who commit injustice among them, and say, "We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you. And our God and your God is one; and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him."

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Reminds me of a good Egyptian friend of mine who, whenever asked where he was from, he always replied, "I'm from Islamstan!" :) The funny thing is that because most Americans are ignornat of the rest of the world, they actually thought that was a real country, LOL.

When fellow Muslims ask me what juristic school of thought do I follow, I answer, "Bukhaari!"

You made me smile brother. Are Americans such????? I don't think my brothers and sisters over there are so. LOL

wassalam

-brother IbnAdam-

rtbour

american muslima
I don't even know what wahabbi or salafi (???) is. I do know the theological difference between sunni and shia'a and I think it's stupid. I follow the Quran to the best of my ability. That makes me Muslim. As for all the details: suffi, shia'a blah blah blah- I don't care about those. They do not define me. Don't bother worrying about titles- just make sure you always try your best to follow the Book and the teachings of the Prophet.

unitedmuslim_73

I get this question a lot and it frustrates me. At times people accuse me of being Wahabbi, or Salafi and I get frustrated when people have to use other names.

Brother, you dont have to be frustrated because those who give nicknames to muslims regarding their aqeedah are themselves lost and they do not form part of the ummah of the holy prophet(peace be upon him).....

Besides, The prophet faced numerous difficulties and was called by many disgusting names and you will be also be criticed because you support the truth...

Muhammad Abdul Wahhab was an imam among the greatest imam who fought the false belief of some muslims...if Allah would not have send, perhaps he would still be praying and asking dua to grave or making new innovations....

Tawheed is the real name of the creed and we respect and accept all their aqeedah. I am a follower of Imam Hanifa and i respect all creed....

May Allah give you strength and continues to guide you for he is the all knowing one

rightpath_357

I agree with everyone above!
But really- WHY do so many people declare themselves DIFFERENT muslims? we're all the same! practically... but i dont get it. I have a friend who celebrated eid 1 day after us, and ate Iftar some time after us? Why?????:confused:

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli
I agree with everyone above!
But really- WHY do so many people declare themselves DIFFERENT muslims? we're all the same! practically... but i dont get it. I have a friend who celebrated eid 1 day after us, and ate Iftar some time after us? Why?????:confused:
Esselamu alejkum we rahmetullah
By the way brother which day is eid?

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli
Hey- I'm a SISTER! lolz- well, I'm talking about the last Ei-ul-Fitr, one of my friends, her family celebrated Eid one day after everyone else did.:confused:
It's ok I know you were talking about eid ul-fitr, but I asked about this eid
which day it is? Here in Kosovo they say will be on Friday.Will it be in your
country on Friday?

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Reminds me of a good Egyptian friend of mine who, whenever asked where he was from, he always replied, "I'm from Islamstan!" :) The funny thing is that because most Americans are ignornat of the rest of the world, they actually thought that was a real country, LOL.When fellow Muslims ask me what juristic school of thought do I follow, I answer, "Bukhaari!"

LOL!! man that bit was FUNNYYYYY!! ahahahaha...ISLAMSTAN! what a joke!! looooooooooooooooooooool.......
that just made my day!!! ahahahahaha....

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
And oh about this wahabi, salafi thingy...... I think it's all NON-SENSE!! why call yourself a wahabi? does that come before or after calling yourself a *Muslim*.....does the Quran say, WAHABI, SHI'ii or Salafi?? Allah calls us MUSLIMES! M-U-S-L-I-M-S!! aint no point of calling yourself other than that!!
those names sicken my stomach!
Ps. YOU is not you brother ahaha it's just what I am using to adress such people... hope I make sense here,

weakslave

Actually I sort of like it when people call me wahabi :)

Most people don't even where it originated from. There was a man whose name was Muhammad ibn-Abdul Wahaab, and he is considered by scholars as a reviver of the religion. This is because of the Prophet's :saw: promise: every 100 a years a man will come to revive the religion.

He was a great scholar, he fought the innovators and he fought the sufis, raafidis, and other khawarij (those sects that have left the fold of Islaam). Because they disliked him so much, anyone who opposed them they labelled as wahaabi.

The irony of it is, even though I like people to call me wahaabi, I also know those who use that word are ignorant and uneducated. It is an adjective they have heard and simply repeated it without knowing what it means.

My advise to you: smile in their face, never show anger or distress, and always be of the highest moral character. I leave you with two verses from the Quran:

And the servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth easily, and when the ignorant address them [harshly], they say [words of] peace,

Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
i usually get asked which type of muslim that i am by non-muslims. i usually say that i am sunni because the american people are really only familiar with sunni and shia. i even had someone ask me if i was one of the good muslims, not the bad muslims. i was struck by the ignorance or rudeness in her question. amazing.