What Should he do ?

human_being

:salam2:
i know and as a muslim disease are cure-able. ""There is no disease that Allah has created, except that He also has created its treatment."(Al-Bukhari). Now my brothers and sisters If guy has done lot of sins in his life and just changed few months ago. Later he found out that he got Hiv/Aids that is in-cureable according to scientist and doctors.Doctors can only give the treatment and wait for that person death.I would like to ask you some questions my brother and sisters may be that are not important to you, but to a person who is fighting for his life.
-> He cried, cried and pray to Allah for forgiveness, should he continuously doing that ?
-> He was planning to kill himself, but start thinking that in Islam you are not allowed to kill yourself.What should he do?
-> He cannot tell his family, because his mother is ill and father is heart-patient. What should he do?
-> He is struggling hard to start work to earn money for food and medicine.But invain company doesnt offer him a job.What he should do ?
-> He prayed to Allah that "Please give me Death", is it ok to ask from Allah Subhanah-talah for death? What else should he do .
-> Sometimes he have a bad cough and some times skin infections, he's just using medicine sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesnt.what should he do ?
-> He is just alone in this life no happiness only sorrows and sorrows.What should he do ?

My brothers and sisters do you think that this person deserves painful death.Please pray for this person and give some advise.Please also write some surrah's regarding earnings so that this person will recite and Allah subhana-talah will help him for a job to earn money for food and medicine.

Thank you

P.s I am really sorry if someone didnt like this Post.

amira87

I love Allah
salam

I understand this brothers felling because he is going through a very tragic time of his life and he is being tested very hard by allah. What he needs to do is make dua to allah that he will forgive him for his sins and repent.....that is the number one thing he should do right away. Then he should have a good intention of being a stronger muslim and believing that allah will forgive him. Allah forgives and he is soooooo raheem. This brother has to start thinking more positively about himself and once he feels in his heart that allah has forgiven him......he wont feel so horrible all the time. Allah is here to protect us all......especially the ones with good niya. Inshallah allah will guide him the straight path, and inshllah he will be forgiven..ameen. Allah karim

loveislam1

Salam brother did you get some test results bac? Inshallah brother just relax and wait for everything, repentance was your first real step, now you jsut have to wait. Praying for death is not good when a person is suffering from the tribulation of death he is rewarded and sins are being taken away every single day he is suffering with death. WHy would you want to take away rewards?

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

I will deal with the money/pragmatic side of things since it seems he is in serious need of direction in this matter. Does he live in America or Britain? If he is an American then he can apply for medicare/medicaid to cover the costs of his medicine as well as medical care. I believe since Britian practices socialized medicine that this should be free as well.

If he feels his parents will suffer physically and/or mentally then maybe it's best he go to a support group for an emotional outlet. Otherwise I can't really see a need for him to share information that will burden them in their already weakened health.

You asked if we think he deserves to die a painful death, why on earth would anyone think that? There are medicines they provide when a patient is terminally ill to ease their suffering. If he is meant to be cured from HIV/AIDS then it will happen...if not then there is nothing that will reverse it. At this point he needs to focus on being a good Muslim and also finding the neccesary support for his emotional wellbeing.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

zainsmommy

I have a few responses but I am gathering them...it will take some time. Bear with me.
Insha'Allah some of these articles will be of benefit to whomever needs them.
(some of them are not from Islamic sites but still very good)

Mistakes Are Inevitable
“To err is human, to forgive divine.” A statement so simple, yet so profound. We all know how easy it is to make mistakes and mistakes can be very helpful if we learn from them. Indeed learning from our mistakes is a big part of shaping the life we want. We can’t always know what we want and get it right the first time. Sometimes we have to experience some “whoops!” along the way and use what we learn from our mistakes to correct the direction of our lives - similar to the way a sailor might adjust the sails on his or her ship when it gets off course.

Albert Einstein once said, “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” Even if we are doing the same thing over and over again, we are bound to mess up once in a while. Mistakes are inevitable. Forgiveness of ourselves and others when we make mistakes is a choice we must make actively. Making the choice to forgive frees our minds and hearts and relieves stress in our lives.

Forgiving Ourselves
So, it is easy to make mistakes, but is forgiving them easy? Not always! How many of us treat our family, friends, even our pets better than we treat ourselves? Would you treat yourself better if you thought of yourself as your best friend? This is a good way to deal with yourself when you’ve made a mistake you are angry about or ashamed of making. Treat yourself as you would treat your best friend in a similar situation. Would you jump on your best friend with both feet and further humiliate him or her with shaming words after he or she made a mistake, or would you speak kindly and offer some encouragement? It’s not helpful to turn on ourselves and become our own worse enemy when we make mistakes. Berating ourselves and beating ourselves up only creates added stress in an already stressful situation.

Forgiving Others
Perhaps we find it easy to forgive ourselves, but next to impossible to forgive others. Some people vow never to forgive an insult received in anger, a slight delivered out of forgetfulness, or a hurt borne out of a misunderstanding. However, holding onto anger and hurt can keep us from the peace and happiness forgiveness can bring. Focusing on the negative can block out the endless positive possibilities in daily life. Forgiveness can reset our mental focus.

Emotional and Intellectual
Forgiveness is both an intellectual and emotional action. Sometimes we decide that we want to forgive something that’s been done to us, but our hearts won’t or can’t let go of whatever’s bothering us. Holding onto anger and being unable to forgive can cause physical as well as psychological pain. Practicing forgiveness has been linked to lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol levels, and lower levels of stress hormones in our bloodstream. Emotions truly have a physical component to them. Not being able or willing to forgive has been linked to depression, chronic anger, anxiety and guilt. When we are unable to forgive, we may feel out of balance. Perhaps our sleep is disrupted or our head, shoulders, and back feel achy.

Prayer
All spiritual teachings have within them the principal of forgiveness and its importance in our lives. In the Christian New Testament, forgiveness is seen as an obligation and something to be repeated again and again. In Buddhism, forgiveness is a necessary action to prevent harmful emotions from causing mental disturbance. In Islam, forgiveness is combination of Allah’s grace and the believer’s good works. In Judaism, forgiveness is mandated if someone sincerely apologizes for his or her transgression. In Hinduism, the ability to forgive is viewed as a personal strength. Most of us are familiar with The Serenity Prayer: “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” This prayer can be helpful when we wish to forgive ourselves or others. It can be posted somewhere that we will see it, spoken aloud, or chanted silently. And the word “God” at the beginning of the prayer can be replaced with whatever we call our Higher Power.

Self-Talk
Sometimes when we are upset, our minds fasten on the pain we feel, and we lose focus on other important things going on in our lives. Ruminating on painful thoughts is very stressful and can rob us of new joy. When we find ourselves going over the same thing in our minds again and again, it can be helpful to practice a simple thought-stopping technique. Tell yourself (silently or out loud) “I’m not going to think about (whatever the problem is) anymore today.” This technique takes practice to perfect. Repeating it every time the unwanted thought comes into our minds can bring us relief and help us on our journey towards forgiveness.

Serving Others
Sometimes when we are feeling stressed, we can refocus our attention and feel better by helping someone in need. Serving others can provide a shift in our thinking and give us respite from internal hurts. We give ourselves a gift of sorts when we reach out to help another. It’s harder to focus on anger and sadness when we are feeling good about ourselves for something we did to make someone else’s life a little easier. Small acts of kindness are stress relievers and can aid us in our forgiveness work.

Exercising, Eating Right, Getting Enough Rest, and Breathing
It is always important to exercise, eat right and get enough rest. When we are under stress it is even more important. Stress takes a toll on our immune system. Making the extra effort to take care of ourselves helps us fight off illness and keeps our thought processes from bogging down. When we are stressed, we tend to breath shallowly. Directing our minds to focus on breathing deeply can help us live healthier, calm lives.

Seeking Help Elsewhere
These are only a few suggestions to help in our forgiveness of ourselves and others. Seek other answers elsewhere – from friends, family, a spiritual leader, advisor, books, lectures, etc. Give yourself time to work through difficult emotions and be gentle with yourself.

The Bottom Line?
Forgiveness is a gift we can give ourselves as well as others. Just as our anger and hurt only enslave the one who feels them, releasing these emotions frees each of us to move forward more happily. Forgiving ourselves and others is worth the effort it takes to do so and can reduce overall stress in our lives.

zainsmommy

"He prayed to Allah that "Please give me Death", is it ok to ask from Allah Subhanah-talah for death? What else should he do" .

Do not wish for death in your dua.
It is makruh or “disliked” to wish for one’s death, or pray to Allah for it, due to poverty, distress, illness, or the like. The six canonical compilers of hadith narrate on the authority of Anas that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said: “Let no one among you wish for death due to any hardship that may befall him. But if one has no other choice, but to do so, one should say: “O Allah! Grant me life as long as life is good for me, and cause me to die when death is better for me.”

The wisdom in the prohibition against wishing for death becomes obvious from a hadith narrated by Umm al-Fadl: “The Prophet, peace be upon him, went to see Al-’Abbas. He found him wishing for death. Thereupon the Prophet said: ‘O Abbas! O Uncle of Allah’s Messenger! Do not wish for death. If you do good and live long, your good deeds will multiply. Then that is better for you. If you are not good and your death is delayed, you may seek Allah’s forgiveness. That is better for you. So do not wish for death’.” (Narrated by Ahmad and Al-Hakim, who says it is sound according to Muslim’s criteria)
Source: Fiqh-us-Sunnah, volume 4, #13a

Avoid supplicating against (cursing) yourself, your family, or property.
Jabir reported that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, “Do not supplicate against your own selves, your children, your servants, or your property, lest you should supplicate at a time when supplications are accepted.”
Source: Fiqh-us-Sunnah, volume 4: 113

zainsmommy

This is a very good story. It shows you that life does not end if you are diagnosed with a disease or cancer. You must be strong, pray, ask for forgiveness, and continue to live your life....you never know what other plans Allah may have for you.

For Every Sickness, There Is A Cure - Even HIV
By Shahidah
28/03/2001

As Salaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

My beloved brothers and sisters, the Prophet has said, "For every sickness, there is a cure."

If as Muslims we believe this to be true, why is it so hard for us to believe that there is a cure for HIV, or Aids?

The medical world says that there is no cure for HIV; in fact, that they are not even 100% sure of all the ways that it is transmitted. Consequently, an AIDS patient is assured of death.

And, despite our profession of belief in the above Hadith, in the case of HIV, we are allowing them to dictate what we believe.

This reality leads me to tell you my story. Like many other Muslims in America, I am a revert to Islam. In 1996, I was diagnosed with HIV.

Before my diagnosis, it can be said that, because of my ex-husband (who was a federal prisoner) and his friends, I practiced Islam vicariously. When I ended up going to prison for three years, I decided to really take a look at my life. I at once contacted the masjid in the city where I was incarcerated.

However, when I was released, the community there was not equipped to help me. I decided to stay in that city, though, instead of going home to New York because I knew that without support, I would not practice the Deen outside of prison as steadfastly as I had inside.

I settled down, got married, and started to computer school. It was at school that a city health official came to speak on venereal diseases and AIDS. At the end of the three-day seminar, the official asked if any of us would like to be tested for HIV. I said yes, and I found out that I was positive.

The pure panic I felt after this revelation was as if I were Cain, looking for a place to dispose of my dead brother's body after I had murdered him.

Soon after, I told my new husband that he needed to be tested, so he was. His results were negative and we divorced good friends. Since I had been told by the health official that I should only tell my family and closest friends, depression quickly set in. I was already a disappointment to my family and to my children. "Who could I turn to?" At that time, there were only two sisters that I was a friend to, one of whom was a naturopath.

The first sister told me to talk to the Imam as he was my wakil. She went with me to tell him. His exact words were, "Tell no one else, because people would not understand, and there would be problems."

Of course, I asked him why? If these were my brothers and sisters, why wouldn't they want to pray for me? And what if I were to get really ill? Who would come to visit me or go to the pharmacy for me if I couldn't go?

He told me that, in that year alone, three brothers had died of the disease, but no one knew why they had died, just him. I became frantic then. I had already isolated myself; his words made me even more depressed.

Two years passed - my deen started to slip. I had some family support, but they were not Muslims. The Imam did not want to look for a husband for me. I slacked up going to the masjid for Jumaah.

A sister came to live with me; however, she was not even attempting to practice Islam. Initially, I felt I could trust her, but within the month, sisters were calling me to ask if "it" was true. I lied (for this, I pray Allah (SWT) forgives me). I told them that she was mad because I had kicked her out of the house, as she wasn't practicing, which was true. It worked - these sisters knew her character and chose to believe me.

The reason I decided to lie was simple - one day, I was on a conference call with eight other sisters, and our conversation got around to helping the ill.

We were talking about people with terminal diseases, and so forth. I asked, "What about a person with HIV (not even full blown Aids)?" Their responses were so unenlightened that I asked them where they had gotten their information. It was like talking to people that believed in every stereotype and myth that they had ever heard of. They said they wouldn't hug the person, or wouldn't let them around their kids because they were afraid they might breathe on them (since no one knows how the illness is spread). They also said that the person would have to be gay.

I then asked, "But what if someone you knew were raped and contracted it that way?" Their answers were still the same. In essence, they would cut off all communication. And these are Muslims - I am not speaking of the Kufar. They had no mercy, and because of that, I spent another year in isolation before a sister from South Bronx befriended me.

When she asked me why I wasn't married, I broke down and cried so hard that she could see that I was suffocating from grief. After I made her swear not to tell anyone, I told her. She cried too, and said that it was okay. She reminded me that the only judge was Allah (SWT) and asked me to come back to the masjid. She also recommended that I make Tawbah (repent and seek forgiveness) from Allah, and encouraged me not to stop taking my worries to Allah, particularly at night, because in reality, He was my only friend.

Her husband became my wakil. One and a half years ago, I met and married a strong Muslim man. To this day, his tests for HIV have all been negative (through protected sex and the grace and mercy of Allah). "Alhamdulillah."

This issue in our community will not be addressed until we bring it to the forefront - communicating about it and giving informational khutbahs or lectures to remind us that Muslims are not immune to this deadly tragedy. Some of us may stray into fornication or adultery, or brothers may contract it in polygamy and bring it home to their previous wives. Allah (SWT) is our witness that these things do happen.

We have to open our hearts to those in our ummah who may be afflicted with it, and quit insisting that we cannot contract it. We are not practicing according to Allah's Qur'an or the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) when we turn our backs on those that need us the most.

Before my fate turned, I felt so alone that I could have possibly succumbed to contemplating suicide, but I did not because I knew that would have been my ticket to the hellfire for sure. The suicide I committed was of my deen. Yet, the Prophet (SAW) has told us, "For every sickness there is a cure."

Now, there are Muslim support groups for HIV/AIDS victims in Bronx, New York. We desperately need to acknowledge that Muslims have contracted HIV, that it is still happening, and that as brothers and sisters, we need to show more mercy for one another.

Was Salaam.

farhopes

No God but Allah
That is great mercy!

Assalamo alikom, brother.

What this brother is going through is considered great mercy from Allah. This is a glad tidings that Allah loves him, wants to expiate all his sins and grant him paradise inshaa Allah.

He can not realize this unless he compares between what he is going through now and being thrown in the Hellfire. Whatever happens to us in this world can never be comparable to the horrific and unbearable chastisement of the Hereafter, may Allah protect us all from it, Ameen . If Allah subhanh wa ta'ala chose to purify you before meeting Him, you have to consider this as a great gift and mercy from Him.

First you have to be certain that Allah can give you recovery and alter your whole situation in one second. Allah subhanahu wa t'ala is always acting towards you according to your thought.

All you have to do now is to pray and supplicate very humbly with a certainty that Allah will response to you and He will inshaa Allah. Whatever He chooses for you will be the best for you inshaa Allah. May Allah alter your whole situation to the best as He has great power over everything, Ameen :tti_sister:

zainsmommy

He cried, cried and pray to Allah for forgiveness, should he continuously doing that ?

OF COURSE! Also, he should not punish himself for something that has already been done. Now he must move on, keep up his prayers, and accept Allah's will.

He was planning to kill himself, but start thinking that in Islam you are not allowed to kill yourself.What should he do?
I already sent something about this above. It is definitely not the answer. What if he were meant to do something else in this world? What if he were meant to save someone? Or help someone? It could be anything...and kills himself and has to stand before Allah and answer to that? YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT ALLAH HAS PLANNED FOR YOU!!!

He cannot tell his family, because his mother is ill and father is heart-patient. What should he do?
There is a time for everything. Insha'Allah he will have some sort of support if he chooses not to tell his parents or those close to him. Though, I do believe family at this time is really what he needs. Only he knows how his parents would fair with such news. This is a decision he must make. Insha'Allah it will be made easy for him.

He is struggling hard to start work to earn money for food and medicine.But invain company doesnt offer him a job.What he should do ?
So then he should not give up! If that company does not want to hire him, then that means there is something better for him. Insha'Allah...he just cannot see it now. He should remain PATIENT.

He prayed to Allah that "Please give me Death", is it ok to ask from Allah Subhanah-talah for death? What else should he do .
He should spend his pray time asking for forgiveness and asking Allah to help during this difficult time. He should ask Allah to have mercy on him and give him strength and patience to endure what ever else make come to him.

Sometimes he have a bad cough and some times skin infections, he's just using medicine sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesnt.what should he do?
Definitely he should try to stay in contact with a medical professional. They have medicine now that can help eleviate some of the symptoms...in the meantime, he needs to definitely take care of himself. Eat right, excersise(or rather, don't lay around all day feeling sorry for himself) and getting some fresh air.

He is just alone in this life no happiness only sorrows and sorrows.What should he do ?
Assure him he is not alone. HE HAS ALLAH! ALLAH will never leave him!
Also, there are support groups online, in most communities now for people who have HIV/AIDS. He just needs to reach out. Something that may be hard at first, but once he gets passed HIS OWN prejudice about the disease and guilt, then he will be able to see things differently.

HIV/AIDS, Cancer, and other debilitating diseases are no longer SURE death sentences in this day and age.

I will pray that Allah will have mercy on him, to help him in this most difficult time...and also that Allah will show him this mercy in his everyday life by making things easier for him. Insha'Allah
I would hope that he would do all that he can to remain strong and not let this disease overcome him. His life his not over, there is still so many other things that can be worse, and I know, I know, he would think "how much worse can you get" but honestly...it really could be worse. People with HIV/AIDS are leading productive, healthy, LONG, lives these days. He just needs to get into a program, some support groups, and continue to lead a good life, close to Allah and things WILL get better. Insha'Allah. He must have faith!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with him.
Assalamu aleikom

human_being

Thank you sister (Zainmommy) for that much support.I wish that "this person" has one more chance in his life to be like normal person.So that he can be a good Servant of Allah subhana-talah.So that he can take care of mother, father.So that he can be a good son.So that he can be a good brother.So that he can be a good husband & father.I think Now "this Person" can only wish.
Sister I am really happy for your comments.
Please remember me and "that person" in your :tti_sister:

P.s Please dont forget me in your dua's,I am the servant of Allah