What should I choose?

zinirah

Assalamu 'Alaykum,
This Saturday was mothers day so i decided i would have someone take me down to visit my mother. I am 16 and I don't live with my family...I live in New Jersey with a relative. I was talking to my mother and she said to me that she wishes i would move back home. She says that even though she disagrees with the choice i made when i was 14 to become a Muslim...She said all this stuff like, I wont stop you from wearing hijab if you move back here and all that...she didn't sound too convincing..but the part i know without a doubt is that she want's me to come back home...of course with my choice...
so i am the type of person i hate having my family look down on me,and i hate making my mother said,,or look at me in a bad way for choices i made...even though she is the one that told me i had to move with someone else in the first place.
So here in New JErsey where i live there is more diversity...my family lives in Lancaster Pennsylvania...not much out there i hate there is like no muslims...NJ has muslim and i have a few good friends next door...we go places...there is Masjid around here...i can get a job here...i can walk to a place if i needed to get something..but I can't do all that in PA...the only good thing about the area my family lives in is that the farms and the land...
and that my family is there...
What should I do...
I know if i move back to pa is that my mother will still get on me about religion and tell me to take my hijab off and stop me from what i have to do,and i will feel kinda bored...
the only reason i am having second thoughts is that
I love my mother no matter how she treats me... i dont like to see her upset...:girl3:

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:

I agree with the first reply.
I am very impressed. In addition, if you lived with your family, you may be able to convince them about the islamic belief! and there you have it, your family being your friends, only with Allah's help and will.
Live with your family for a couple of weeks, if it wasn't confortable, you can go back to NJ, can't you?

Inshallah, you make the right decision, with Allah's will. May Allah make you strong and reward you.
I hope my advice is helpful. :salam2: :)

Allah Knows what is best for us all.

massi

:salam2:

I agree with the first reply.
I am very impressed. In addition, if you lived with your family, you may be able to convince them about the islamic belief! and there you have it, your family being your friends, only with Allah's help and will.
Live with your family for a couple of weeks, if it wasn't confortable, you can go back to NJ, can't you?

Inshallah, you make the right decision, with Allah's will. May Allah make you strong and reward you.
I hope my advice is helpful. :salam2: :)

Allah Knows what is best for us all.
I agree with you
an I add
at least some visits to your mom will be cool :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Sister, you should not say no to your mom's invitation but you can when she ask to abandon your faith or your hijab. It is an opportunity for you to show to your mom the character of true muslimmah...why not. With guidance from Allah, inshAllah, she will see the wisdom of being a muslim.

Give a conditional agreement to her invitation i.e. you tell her that you will come back provided your mom allows you to practice Islam freely. As suggested, perform the salat first and ask for Allah's protection before you proceed.

firasath

suggestion

assalamualikum
if u think that u can practice islam alot more by not going to ur parents i think then u shouldnt , but at the same time they are ur parents and u have some responsibilities towards them so u should fullfill those responsibilities ,if u think that if u go to ur mother she might try to make u to come back to ur previous religion do one thing thats to go to her place once a while , in that way they'll be happy and also u , make them believe that after reverting to islam u have become even more nice and respectable person , just treat them in even more better way , as islam says the same too , so dont worry our prayers are with u .

noor_al_islam

I agree with reply #1...You might want to go for a visit for a week or so before making a big move. May Allah make it easy on you insha'a Allah.

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

I suggest you visit them on weekends, see how they treat you.. then decide.

shichemlydia

help

salam alikoum,
i think the best way is to stay where you are right now, because your mother may be planning to push you away from islam, who knows, in addition, it is good for a muslim to stay in the best environment where he feels free and comfortable, this is very important because bad friendship may change a person in the long run. personally i know persons who were bad, then they turned good but kept the old bad friends and consequently they turned bad again.
may allah put you in the best pplace where he is pleased with you, ameen
wa salam alikoum