what to do with the bible?

nurlaila

assalam alaikom. my ex-roommate moved out n left a bible in da room n i hav remind her abt tht but she seems dun wana care bec shes an atheist. so wht shld i do with the bible.shld it to a christian? but since it is not a book of truth i dun feel like giving to others..
:muslim_child:

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
But it is nothing wrong for you to keep it...there is no use giving it to the christians because most of them do not know what was written in their bible.

Donate it to the library, think of it as a donation concerning other religious documents.

write the name of an Islamic website somewhere inside and then donate it so that the reader checks that website out....who knows Allah(swt) guides that person after he visits that Islamic website :):)

irwinleslie

You can't say it's not a book of truth. It contains truth and falsehood. The prophet, peace be upon him, said it best when he said, "When the children of Israel quote to you something from their books, do not believe them and do not disbelieve them!"

I second sister Sarah's suggestion; give it to the library.
I third Sister Sarah's suggestion. Donate it to the library; they always appreciate that! I kept looking for the Quran there but could never find it so I bought my own. I can't imagine anyone wanting to give the Quran up so I'm not surprised. I just realized I have two bibles on my shelf I need to donate as well:)

nurlaila

jazakumollah kheiran

assalam alaikom
thanks for all the suggestions. im thinking of using the bible to get to know what is inside my christian friends' brains and maybe i should study it as what has been advised by our sheikh rahimollah Ahmad Deedat. i know the fact that many christians get into islam by studying bible itself because they have found 'grave' mistakes in it.
i have many christian friends who always try to prove me about the purity of their faiths by quoting verses from the bible. and i always like the way our sheikh Deedat using the bible itself for da3wah. maybe it is time for me to broaden my knowledge and learn the art of spreading and explaining islam to the non-muslims especially to the christians. it would be really a long way but i think it is possible. just pray for me kay!!:SMILY346:

thank you for jotting down the hadeeth sis/bro Ayman. this is the first time i heard such hadeeth. May Allah rewad u.

yea maybe it would be better to donate it to the library.. i will consider about this too.

million thanks for ur suggestions. may Allah bless us all.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam alaikom
thanks for all the suggestions. im thinking of using the bible to get to know what is inside my christian friends' brains and maybe i should study it as what has been advised by our sheikh rahimollah Ahmad Deedat. i know the fact that many christians get into islam by studying bible itself because they have found 'grave' mistakes in it.
i have many christian friends who always try to prove me about the purity of their faiths by quoting verses from the bible. and i always like the way our sheikh Deedat using the bible itself for da3wah. maybe it is time for me to broaden my knowledge and learn the art of spreading and explaining islam to the non-muslims especially to the christians. it would be really a long way but i think it is possible. just pray for me kay!!:SMILY346:

thank you for jotting down the hadeeth sis/bro Ayman. this is the first time i heard such hadeeth. May Allah rewad u.

yea maybe it would be better to donate it to the library.. i will consider about this too.

million thanks for ur suggestions. may Allah bless us all.

wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

I like your thinking, and I was going to tell something similar to it. Like how about donating that Bible to me? LOL

Anyway, I wish you all the best and will pray for you inshaAllah. I like to study Bible and Christianity, and from them. :)

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh