What will you leave this Ramadan ?

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Make a list for yourself (written or mental) - what will you leave this Ramadaan? or rather, what should you leave this Ramadaan? Perhaps writing it down will solidify it as an oath - such that you feel more compelled to stick to it inshaaAllah.

Some take a hiatus from the Internet, including Facebook, others leave the world of TV and Movies, and stop listening to Music and Songs - instead their ears are occupied with the melodious recitation of the Qur'aan in Taraweeh, on their way to school, in between breaks, at dawn, and at dusk, and in between. The Qur'aan resounds in their ears and it is upon their tongues as they recite it throughout the days of Ramadhaan often and much, hoping for a closer connection to Allaah ta'ala and a tranquility in their hearts.

Don't think you could leave all that (above bolded portions)? I challenge you to do so. It will surely make a world of difference. It will give you time you never thought you had, time which is precious, time which you shall inshaaAllah spend in 'ibadaah. SubhaanAllaah, the value of time, how it is underestimated - but this Ramadhaan we await a night better than a thousand months, that is, Laylutul Qadr. The night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is better than a thousand months (i.e. worshipping Allâh in that night is better than worshipping Him a thousand months, i.e. 83 years and 4 months). (Al-Qadr 97:3) I pray you reach this night in full submission to Allah and I pray that your du'aa is accepted. Aameen.

Detach yourself from the Worldly Pleasures. Enter the Realm of 'Ibadaah. Taste the Sweetness of Eemaan. Commit Yourself to the Taraweeh Prayers. Perform 'Itikaaf in the Masjid. Gain a Strong Connection to the Qur'aan.

Make this Ramadaan the best yet! No doubt you'll have to change a few things to enable this to happen. So, ask yourself - What Will You Leave this Ramadaan Fisabeelillah?

Wa Salamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Zarra

Assalamu alaykum,

I've decided to try not to spend my time sitting staring at the television, I want to learn more about the religion I love, inshallah and do that through watching the Islam channel, reading and watching and listening to knowledgable brothers and sisters on the internet.

I've made a choice to spend my journey to work listening to the Qu'ran and Islamic music on my ipod and to lectures on the internet while Im at my desk working, mashallah.

Salam

ummyaniah

As salaamu Alaikum, I've decided to leave alone the muslims who show signs of hypocrit even during this gloriuos month, asking my non muslim partnr at work to only play music low on her side of the truck, opting to listen to the le ctures in the car, make much more effort to offer the prayers even at work with the non muslims however uncomfortable i feel. make duaa even for the ones i dislike. mashallah. As Salaamu alaikum.

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
I dont if I need to give up anything, but I just pray that Allah grants me more patience and to continue to bless my family inshallah. I would also like to get up more in the last part of the night, so needed for me, mashallah. Ramadan Mubarak!! Good Topic, by the way!!:)

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu

Alhamdulillah this Ramadan I am trying to keep myself along my plan. Memorising Surahs, making more acts of Ibaadah. I am planning to fast the fasts of Dawud alaihi salam, once the month of Ramadan is over Insha Allah. May Allah bless us and destroy the forces of evil. May Allah grant Jannatul Firdaus to us. May Allah Subhanahu wa Taala help our brothers and sisters in Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan, Sheeshan, Somalia, Sudan, Kashmir and all over the world. May Allah Subhanahu wa Taala crush the forces of infidels who are killing, torturing and destroying the lives of innocent Muslims.

wa/salam

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..

Alhamdulillah this Ramadan I am trying to keep myself along my plan. Memorising Surahs, making more acts of Ibaadah. I am planning to fast the fasts of Dawud alaihi salam, once the month of Ramadan is over Insha Allah. May Allah bless us and destroy the forces of evil. May Allah grant Jannatul Firdaus to us. May Allah Subhanahu wa Taala help our brothers and sisters in Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan, Sheeshan, Somalia, Sudan, Kashmir and all over the world. May Allah Subhanahu wa Taala crush the forces of infidels who are killing, torturing and destroying the lives of innocent Muslims.

wa/salam

:salam2:

Amiin, Amiin, Amiin to your duas brother...

:wasalam:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Well i think i need to stop being so analytical, when other people are talking let them finish talking and not interrupt which i sometimes do, although i do apologise after, although i really need to stop doing that. Learn to be quiet more, but not tooo quiet. Pray Tahajjud, it has been awhile since i have prayed Tahajjud, it just a little difficult because of College.

Lots of things i guess, although one at a time. Insh'Allah.

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!

wa/salam

wa-alaykuma salam

amiin,amiin,amiin

:tti_sister::tti_sister::tti_sister:

may Allah subhana wata'ala grant u jannatul firdowsa amiin

:wasalam: