What would make a very good Islamic research topic?

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
:salam2:

Jazak Allaahu Khair for all the help to everyone, I had a discussion with my faculty again yesterday and I had a change of topic. It is now about "Status of Men in Islam". She suggested that everyone talks about women in Islam, so she wants me to talk about men in Islam, their responsibilities, etc. And while doing this status of women in Islam will come along automatically because I will need that to make a comparison. She wants me to show people that there is justice between the two sexes in Islam. Women and men are completely to different things except for being humans. So she wants me to show how Allaah values both in their own respective way and not judge one by the standard of another, like those modern men and women do when they judge women by the standard of men. The book will be useful insha allaah, Jazak Allaahu Khairan brother ditta. I will be needing more help I guess, as this topic is really unique.

Once again, Jazak Allaahu Khairan for your help and please keep helping. :)

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

I also need to come up with a proper research claim as "Status of Men in Islam" can not itself be a research topic for me since, my research has to be argumentative and persuasive. I need to make a claim and then refute the cons to it and talk about the pros.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
as-salam 'alaikum warahamtu-llahi wa barakatuhu

I'd like to help you with one subtopic: Ideal Muslim Husband and his responsibilities
if you appreciate :)

I read your thread before, but as i didn't have a clue to help you, i didn't reply.

have nice moments with the task,may Allah bless his Barakah on it

wassalam

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

Wa-'Alaikum-as-salam Warahmatu-llahi wa barakatuhu, that is a very nice subtopic. I can really use that.

Jazak Allaahu Khairan!

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

I know Br. you have recruited a topic for proceedings,but still I suggest another topic " Islam and Purity of Soul". This topic I stress because we try to follow Islam to the best,but fail to purify our souls. Why?. Needs to be pondered.

Regards.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

I need a topic that will allow me to get some quantitative data. It has to have an objective side to it. Plus I am restricted to do anything related to pure faith and soul. Since this is an university course, I am restricted by many things. Otherwise I would have one to go for "The Onness of Allaah" or even "Islamic and Secular Values: Compatible or Incompatible?", both of them rejected.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

You can make a survey and give it to us. That will give you some data to play with.

You are not restricted in collecting data. So you can ask anything and still collect data. Why would a university course restrict the subject. That does not stand to reason.

Do not think that a scientific observation of a subject does not include the soul. Afterall, Fiqh is a very scientific method.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Even though you have changed the topic question slightly then I still think the points I mentioned still apply somewhat (just certain changes to the wording although I could be wrong).

Anyway, as you will be aware, its about referring to lots of additional reading (whether it be books or journal articles). I assume you probably have access to a service (i.e., Athens or something similar) that allows you to access journal articles through your University? If so, then you need engage in some research to find articles regarding this topic. I have done a basic search and I have a found book although it applies to Indonesia regarding gender, Islam and democracy. (Again, I don't know how well it will apply to the question you are attempting to address meaning I don't want to recommend useless material plus Allah knows best the material in that book might paint a negative picture against Islam.).

I was thinking of recommending (although I haven't read) 'The Ideal Muslim' and 'Muslimah' books which looks at the relationship of a Muslim with Allah (Subhaanahu wa ta'aala), him/herself, etc. It might help but its not really academic material.

sachin4islam

I need a topic that will allow me to get some quantitative data. It has to have an objective side to it. Plus I am restricted to do anything related to pure faith and soul. Since this is an university course, I am restricted by many things. Otherwise I would have one to go for "The Onness of Allaah" or even "Islamic and Secular Values: Compatible or Incompatible?", both of them rejected.

Assalamu Alaikum: Br.

Based on your requirement again I suggest a topic:

''Exponential rise of Islam in west post 9/11,an analysis".

The title sounds like a subjective study undertaken during Ph.D.

Regards.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

Why things are restricted in an University course ? Because The University administration is liable to the government who is on such a level that anyone trying to do anything with Islam is tagged and watched closely by the spys and agents of this puppet government. My arabic teacher was denied his Ph.D thesis in Islamic Studies review for 6 months because the title was "Women's rights in Islam", later on he had to apply some tactics and changed the name and the perspective of the research to "The state of women after the first year of hijra". Just Imagine, how absurd!

I know that scientific reasoning does include the soul, but my faculty wants me to do something that i choose such a topic through which I will preach every other issue including basics of Islam implicitly (in the presentation). She was telling me that just make the whole thing look as if you have done it objectively but keep it in the back of your mind that you want to preach the basics about Islam to your class.

So I need an objective research topic through which I will bring up many issues, as they will automatically surface and implicitly talk about soul and faith. And yes I am considering all your advice. Just keep coming with ideas, as I have till sunday to submit the final title. So I will check till Saturday and then pick up the best ones from here.

Jazak Allaahu Khairan!

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Asssalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Dear brother many brothers and sisters already gave a loot of good ideas for your Islamic research topic. You do not like any of these subjects?Or you can not include them in your project because of some prohibitions?

:wasalam:

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

My topic has been finalized insha Allaah: "Today most muslim husbands are far from "The Ideal Muslim Husband"".

I still need an outline of the major issues that I am going to address in my research, as I will not be able to cover everything in 2 months time. I will have to handpick the major issues which actually take today's muslim husbands far from the ideal muslim husbands. Please help with suggestions.

Jazakum-u-Allaahu-Khairan!

strive-may-i

intrigued

Your name suggests you are from Bangladesh. Is it not a Islam tolerant country?
Where are you doing your course??

Your choice - ""Today most muslim husbands are far from "The Ideal Muslim Husband" is very vast. Infact, you might end up listing all the evils that drive modern society as the causes for muslim husbands being far from Ideal Muslim Husband.

You might want to pick something else. Ideal Husband, means Ideal Human, now thats Utopian. We are in the most flawed of times!!

Kakorot

My topic has been finalized insha Allaah: "Today most muslim husbands are far from "The Ideal Muslim Husband"".

I still need an outline of the major issues that I am going to address in my research, as I will not be able to cover everything in 2 months time. I will have to handpick the major issues which actually take today's muslim husbands far from the ideal muslim husbands. Please help with suggestions.

Jazakum-u-Allaahu-Khairan!

Here's some suggestions:

Firstly start off by stating the catalyst as to why most Muslim men are far away from being 'The Ideal Muslim Husband', which is: they don't adhere to the teachings of Islam (quran and sunnah) and if they do, then its twisted to their own interpretations just to suite them.

Then elaborate on specific issues, which may cause a man to be a bad husband, such as culture; polygamy; abuse; not working or providing for family; allowing in-laws to interfere; bad addictions; controlling; suspicions (basically, anything we know of that makes a bad husband) etc.

Mention how even the permissible things can lead a guy to be a bad spouse. For example, polygamy is permissible but if the guy doesn't give all his wives equal rights and does favouritism, then this makes him a bad husband.

Is what you're doing an assignment? If so, don't forget to do these well:

- Describe
- Explain
- Analyse
- Evaluate
- Compare/contrast
- Critique
- Use various sources for backup (books, links, newspapers etc.)

That's all I can think of. I hope none is controversial.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

For starters think of me:

Define for me what is an ideal husband. Where did you find that definition. Define husband. What makes a Muslim husband different from the common concept of a husband. Define marriage in Islam. Define terms such as sunna, hadeeth, marriage.
Give us an idea of how marriage works in Islam. Why is it so important.

Define ideal.

Define far from.

Give examples of who and what are ideal husbands.

How many couples have you interviewed? Where is the basis for your status quo. Are there any statistics that you are including such as spousal abuse, domestic violence, where are these couples residing. Is this found in a particular geographic location..What are the socio-economic factors contributing to the state of husbands? What correlation does this have with divorce rates..Does this include fathers or only men?

What quantitative analysis are you going to use..the dumb t or z stats. What are your variables? What is your purpose...what are you trying to identify as the cause and what is the Muslim response to this?

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

SubhanAllah,I didnt notice akhi,that you had to change your topic so many times.As for the topic you have chosen,I guess it would be best to refer to seerah as how prophet :saw: was the best of example.There is a book on kalamulah.com about it ,inshaAllah.Refer to the seerah and hayatussahabah.Try contrasting them with the present day practices.Create analogies.Fill in anecdotes.Try finding a common ground and showing how an ideal muslim husband is the prime example for all.May Allah help you.Ameen.
:wasalam: