What would YOU say?

ja_tu_miluju

I know I have posted threads along these lines before, but I was just curious about something. My family greatly opposes my conversion to Islam, elders included. Do any of you have any kind words I can tell them when they ask, why Islam.. Any answers I have given them raise more questions as to why Islam, why Islam, none of my answers are good enough because they believe the Mormon church is the only true church and I am a traitor for leaving it. I visit them in Hijab (because I have to go out in public to do so) and they won't look at me. I am not trying to make them believe anything, I am not trying to make them see why I chose Islam.. or why I believe what I believe. I am simply trying to find an answer to a question, whether it be completely satisfactory to them or not. Bascially, what would YOU say, if someone in ur family didn't believe, and asked "why Islam?"

Thank you brothers and sisters!

Amir_of_spain

umm here are some random suggestions im throwing out...
1) reassure them your still their beloved baby girl, that you havent changed personality and that you arent going to do anything silly/extreme etc.
2) indirectly i would say to them, i would say to them, this religion is something im certain that will improve my charactor and make me a better person, and that if they took the time to analyse it properly, they would also love it. Its like a strange unsual rose or flower that you fear to go near to, but as u do, the scent is enjoyable, and then you want to pick.
3) emm... ? maybe u can say u havent left christainity in a way, instead just upgraded, cos as a muslim u still believe in jesus and the other prophets and that bible was orig from allah and so on, if u mention this might help abit.
4) ...lol run out of ideas.

ja_tu_miluju

umm here are some random suggestions im throwing out...
1) reassure them your still their beloved baby girl, that you havent changed personality and that you arent going to do anything silly/extreme etc.
2) indirectly i would say to them, i would say to them, this religion is something im certain that will improve my charactor and make me a better person, and that if they took the time to analyse it properly, they would also love it. Its like a strange unsual rose or flower that you fear to go near to, but as u do, the scent is enjoyable, and then you want to pick.
3) emm... ? maybe u can say u havent left christainity in a way, instead just upgraded, cos as a muslim u still believe in jesus and the other prophets and that bible was orig from allah and so on, if u mention this might help abit.
4) ...lol run out of ideas.

thank you all this was a lot of help

MTYKK

Banned
Are you in Utah? If you are, me too and we could talk about it and maybe stop their oppression on you by using plain logic, cos i don't think they're going to stop on their own, as you know they know little and claim much.

ja_tu_miluju

Are you in Utah? If you are, me too and we could talk about it and maybe stop their oppression on you by using plain logic, cos i don't think they're going to stop on their own, as you know they know little and claim much.

I am in Utah, yes, I've been trying to find someone to talk to that is HERE; and ur right, just last night I was with my grandmother and she was criticizing that I wore Hijab and got upset when I said even the virgin Mary wore Hijab..my family just doesn't like it at all... also... do you know of any mosques here?? When I search online I get nothing, but there has to be SOMETHING!

Sakeena

To be honest, I never know what to say or how to say it, they just laugh at me, last time. They kept tellin' me how "violent" Muslims are, all people are! But seriously, I'm not like that!!! Oh whatever I answer them in silence! :hearts:

I know I have posted threads along these lines before, but I was just curious about something. My family greatly opposes my conversion to Islam, elders included. Do any of you have any kind words I can tell them when they ask, why Islam.. Any answers I have given them raise more questions as to why Islam, why Islam, none of my answers are good enough because they believe the Mormon church is the only true church and I am a traitor for leaving it. I visit them in Hijab (because I have to go out in public to do so) and they won't look at me. I am not trying to make them believe anything, I am not trying to make them see why I chose Islam.. or why I believe what I believe. I am simply trying to find an answer to a question, whether it be completely satisfactory to them or not. Bascially, what would YOU say, if someone in ur family didn't believe, and asked "why Islam?"

muharram23

Staff member

salamu alaykum

arent the mormons that do not have a limit to how many women they can marry? Just tell ur mom "look islam only allows 4 the most" maybe she will like it :)

wasalam