What year did you revert?/start practicing???

What year did you revert/start practicing

• 2006/2007

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • 2004/2005

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • 2002/2003

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • 2000/2001

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 1997-1999

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1994-1996

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 1991-1993

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • 1989-1990

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • pre 1989 (before the dawn of time)

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

visionusman

being content
I've been trying since I remember, but I don't always succeed. I hope I am forgiven. Allah knows all. May He forgive me.
( Before the dawn of time is funny though. Boy am I already ancient?)

visionusman

being content
She didn't predict any thing bro. That's the outcome of the votes so far. U tell us why that is so if u have a clue. Every one has different reasons I guess.

ShaheedU

Extinct
She didn't predict any thing bro. That's the outcome of the votes so far. U tell us why that is so if u have a clue. Every one has different reasons I guess.

I only say predicted cos she made a 'thingy' of two years for the years after 2000, but before that it was 3/4 yrs, so she was expecting more people to vote post 2000. Thats what i thought anyways, so im wrong its all cool.

Whats the word im looking for in place of 'thingy'?

dawahforever

Asalaamu Alaikum

I'm new. I converted in '91....yeah back in the day..when The Satanic Verses came out and Not Without My Daughter and the first Gulf War...you know how annoying it is to hear that your husband is going to take you back to his country and not let you drive a car? rofl...in Malaysia the women run the show...they drive cars , they drive motorcycles..man its too funny for words. Anyway alhumdullilah..been muslim for over 15 yrs.

Wa Salaamu Alaikum
D4E

Quratulaine

i converted in september of 2006!:allahuakbar: it is interesting that there are lot of newer converts who have voted so far. :ma:

:hearts: :hearts:

Islam4meandyou

I reverted to Islam August 9, 2003, alhamdililah. Islam is the truth and the only answer to get us through this world. I always study Islam and love to hear Hadeeth and read Quran. The stories are amazing, subhanallah. Inshallah, Islam will keep growing and we are guided to the straight path. Assalamu Alaikom.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

Well i started practicing properly 2-4 years back, but i am more aware of the Sunnah, The Prophet (S.A.W) life and more. Alhamdulilah

I still remember back in Year 9 in school, we had a supply teacher and he was muslim, practicing and funny. But he was the first person that came to me and said you should come and join us in prayer. I was like, wow, i was really unsure because i did not know how to pray. Mashallah i want to look for the brother again and give him a hug, because he was really nice, i wonder where i could find him? His name was Mr Lone.

But i started praying in Year 10 and the school then had a prayer room for the 4 muslims that used it, including me. But i learned a few things from the teachers but it was more praying than talking, because of time. Alhamdulilah it continued from there, although i didnt advance my knowledge so to speak. Thats only been happening for the last 3-4 months. Alhamdulilah now i just want to learn more and more stuff and also improve on the things i already know. Inshallah one day i will go back to the school and see if the teachers i knew are there. Alhamdulilah one teacher Mr Iqbal did a lot of charity work. Alhamdulilah.

That was a summary, i didnt include the obstacles :)

Alhamdulilah, only He can guide and im so thankful that i am not among those who are astray.

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

Globalpeace

Banned
Never really practised before that but...

Stopped practising (FORMALLY) = 26MAY1988

Started Again = 11MAR1991

I hope no one asks the reasons for precise dates.

island muslim

salaam alaiykum,

i am not a revert but i wanted to subscribe to the thread... and what easier way than to post something and "automatic subscription"

;)