What you think of Jannah!!

slaveofALLAH99

Salam dear brothers and sisters,

I was just sitting around in class and started daydreaming about Jannah. In the Quran it describes Jannah in many Surahs. But some of us can't really visualize it. So I was Curious to know what other people think about Jannah , How do they Picture it. I mean it's really fun to share!

When i think about Jannah I picture every thing green, I picture myself sitting in a huge throne and my loved ones around me, My palace so huge that where ever I look I see it and its all made up of gold.I always have a smile on my face ,no feeling of pain or tireness, always happy and peaceful and i could get whatever i want but sadly when i turn to the left i see the people in hell fire buring and screaming.

This is only my picture of Jannah . I want u guys to join and share to InshaAllah.

Salam:ma:

Rashadi

i try not to imagine it anymore cuz it confuses me since i can't fully understand and see it. i see how beautiful and special this creation is and jannah is even greater and not comparable. i also stopped imagining it cuz i may not even be there but it must be amazing as it is the hereafter and a great reward. but when i read quran and hadiths, i feel that i can make it there too because Allah is most merciful and unique. we can never fully understand Allah as He alone is unique and no one shares his attributes. i find Allah merciful and loving from reading quran but i get another idea from what some muslims tell me. all i know is no one can earn jannah nor enter it except by the mercy of Allah but we try our parts as creatures to the best of our ability.

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Walaikumu salam :D

I also picture everything green :) But usually when I think about it...the first thing thats comes to my mind is my best friend ;) And that InshaAllah we will both be there together, forever and ever ;););)

Beautiful thread btw :D

slave_of allah

aslam mulaikum sister how r u ................. i only picture jannah by da words which have been described about it in quran we cant imagine how jannah is as our lord the creator of every thing has his own way n we cant think n e thing beyond it. its totaly different n nothing of this world can be kept in front of junnah to be compared it'l be mind blowing .... n we do have to think of junnah so dat we strive n strugle hard to go there . we also have to think of hell n da punishment of grave so dat we have fear n correct our selfs before da end .
assalam mulaikum..................

db92509

hello

this is a particularly interesting topic.
i am curious of islamic teaching with regards to the afterlife. could someone enlighten me as to what islam has to say about the nature of the individual who enters paradise. eg will the individual still have memory of his/her time on earth? will the nature of the individual still have human characteristics? will the individual still possess the same body?
will the individual remain in paradise for an infinite time or will they die again?

your thoughts please

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
i too sometimes imagine jannah when i feel depressed or the self urges to have fun and enjoyment.

the green gardens, rivers flowing, beautiful palaces, servants at service, fruits, wine, me and hoori walking on the river's bank :p

but we can only imagine wht Allah has told us. but Jannah has wht no mind can imagine.

may Allah forgive our sins and make us enter His paradise as He is Most Merciful with infinite mercy.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying that: Allah the Exalted and Glorious, said: I have prepared for My pious servants which no eye has ever seen, and no ear has ever heard, and no human heart has ever perceived but it is testified by the Book of Allah. He then recited:" No soul knows what comfort has been concealed from them, as a reward for what they did".

Read more here :

http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=40&translator=2

I really wanna be one of Jannah's people .. ya rabb ..

Deen_e_Mohammad

All praise for Allah Alone........

May Allah Bless us and guide us to a right path, dear brother and sister we should keep in mind that there is great difference between imagining something and dreaming something. Imagining is something on which we do have our control as we are awake but dreaming is something on which we do not have our control.

And about our dreams kindly read the following Hadees from Sahi Bukhari...

Volume 9, Book 87, Number 113:

Narrated Abu Qatada:

The Prophet said, "A true good dream is from Allah, and a bad dream is from Satan."

---------------------------------

Volume 9, Book 87, Number 114:

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri:

The Prophet said, "If anyone of you sees a dream that he likes, then it is from Allah, and he should thank Allah for it and narrate it to others; but if he sees something else, i.e., a dream that he dislikes, then it is from Satan, and he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil, and he should not mention it to anybody, for it will not harm him."

Its not bad to imagine Jannah or have desire for it. But we should know brothers and sister our human imagination has its limitation as far as Jannah is concern. We could never ever imagine Jannah no matter in how beautiful form we try to imagine it. Its one of the great wonder of Allah and only he knows the best. We could also never Imagine Jahannam or the hell fire either as its also one of the most terrifying wonder of Allah and we ask his protection from it.

But its also very important to improve our Taqwa and imaan to desire for Jannah to imagines its pleasure out of which only veryyyyyyyyyyyy little have been mention to us by Allah. And we should work hard to please Allah and We should also remember death and fear Jahannam as no doubt its the worst place to be.

Plz read the following hadees regarding the dream of jannah.....

Narrated Qais bin 'Ubada:

I was sitting in a gathering in which there was Sa'd bin Malik and Ibn 'Umar. 'Abdullah bin Salam passed in front of them and they said, "This man is from the people of Paradise." I said to 'Abdullah bin Salam, "They said so-and-so." He replied, "Subhan Allah! They ought not to have said things of which they have no knowledge, but I saw (in a dream) that a post was fixed in a green garden. At the top of the post there was a handhold and below it there was a servant. I was asked to climb (the post). So I climbed it till I got hold of the handhold." Then I narrated this dream to Allah's Apostle. Allah's Apostle said, "'Abdullah will die while still holding the firm reliable handhold (i.e., Islam)."

I also request my Brother and sister to never ever say, that we are sinner we will definately go to jahannam. As if thats what you beleive thats what Allah will give you. Allah is only what a momin thinks of him.........so always ask for Allah forgiveness cry for the fear of Jahannam.

May Allah grant each and everyone his forgiveness and give us Jannah. AAMEEN

May Allah forgive me in what i have said is wrong, all i ask Allah is for hi s guidance in whatever i say.

arzafar

well i think about it only when i read about it and also sometimes during prayers or duing dua. However i dont see much greenery more like white. i imagine rivers of milk and honey and fountain of water (kausar). Peaceful, pure gardens and well ahem ... maidens.

but thinking about jannah makes this world look like cack. i kind of stop liking my life and want to die soon which is not good.
so instead of thinging about jannah to much i concentrate on thanking Allah and seeking His forgiveness to make my life in this world like jannah i.e. easy, peaceful and prosperous. To enable me to perform all my assigned duties so that i too can reach the promised land of Jannah. Inshallah.

may all of us get a high rank in jannah. Ameen.
:salah:

Deen_e_Mohammad

May Allah protect us against people false beleif...

The Jannah is to overcome the desires of this world and forget about this world's bad things and go on the path of Islam
The Truth of Allah swt is to overcome the desire of Jannah.
If I imagine Jannah then i think i am imagining the reward but not doing what it takes to get it.Thus i restrict myself from imagining it.Instead i fear Allah swt and think of what will happen when my sins come out because it is what i am concerned of from everything.

I do not think of Jannah when i worship Allah that is doing saleh or haj or any five pillars of islam, but instead what i think is to think about the sins I have done and what will happen on the day of judgment and fear Allah and pray.

But it is after all what I usually think, although i fear Allah swt the most and cannot forget him by thinking about Jannah.

My brother I just dont understand in what school of thought you have learn Islam. You are talking as some swami or buddhist monks talks, well i knew you had great influence of Sufism and this shows in your word.

I could give you thousand accounts when sahaba have desired for only and only Jannah. Sahaba have threw themselved in the thick fighting just to acheive shahadat in order to get Jannah. But unfortunately it wont be any use to you as it seems to me you think you are better than those sahaba because you dont desire for Jannah.

May Allah protect us from people personal False beleif and guide us on the Path of his Prophet :saw: and his companions and grant us Jannah what we desire and pray for. AAMEEN

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
well, when i think of jannah! i imagine green grass, and beautiful trees, with beautiful fruits to eat :D, and a great big castle ..and then every jumah we all muslims sit together and have lunch...but i just imagine...i dont think i am so pious so that i get a castle or even paradise..but we all have to collect deeds..they are the tickets to enter jannah....inshallah! we all brothers and sister will be in jannah-ameen!

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
The Jannah is to overcome the desires of this world and forget about this world's bad things and go on the path of Islam
The Truth of Allah swt is to overcome the desire of Jannah.

If I imagine Jannah then i think i am imagining the reward but not doing what it takes to get it.Thus i restrict myself from imagining it.Instead i fear Allah swt and think of what will happen when my sins come out because it is what i am concerned of from everything.

I do not think of Jannah when i worship Allah that is doing saleh or haj or any five pillars of islam, but instead what i think is to think about the sins I have done and what will happen on the day of judgment and fear Allah and pray.

But it is after all what I usually think, although i fear Allah swt the most and cannot forget him by thinking about Jannah.

brother, Allah has told a lot about jannah in His final book - Quran. we cannot belittle the pleasures of jannah.

u told that u forget jannah but remember Allah's punishment, that means u r remembering hell. if we can obey Allah due to fear of His punishment in hell, why we cant obey Allah by thinking of His reward in Paradise?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
..i dont think i am so pious so that i get a castle or even paradise..but we all have to collect deeds..

its good that u feel that u r not so pious. it help in being humble and not arrogant.

but still u should have full hope in Allah to enter paradise. bcoz there r only 2 options. paradise and hell. if we dont get into Jannah, then our live is in utter destruction or worse than that.

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
Aside from the beautiful palm trees, sandy beaches I imagine in Jannah, I also imagine beautiful forests, landscapes and the most beautiful kingdom just for me complete with workers and palaces and gadgets- hope I can go there........

db92509

Aside from the beautiful palm trees, sandy beaches I imagine in Jannah, I also imagine beautiful forests, landscapes and the most beautiful kingdom just for me complete with workers and palaces and gadgets- hope I can go there........

I find your response rather perplexing, perhaps im wrong but this sounds like you have a complete lack of ambition as your vision of heaven/paradise is something that you can see/achieve in the here and now. if you desire these things sooo much why dont you strive to acheive and see them in the here and now?

db92509

Esselamu aleikum

Also in Paradise we will get even more than what we desire. Whatever we desire we will get so we shouldnt try to imagine Paradise. Rather we should try to reach it by doing good deeds and by fearing Allah (swt). We should remember that we will not be in Paradise for 100 years, or 100 000 years, or 100 millions years rather we will be there forever.

may i ask what you would for eternity, im presuming your nature and characteristics would still be human, so what would you do for eternity? i presume you wouldnt be elevated to god status so could you give me an idea as to what you would do?

regards

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
I find your response rather perplexing, perhaps im wrong but this sounds like you have a complete lack of ambition as your vision of heaven/paradise is something that you can see/achieve in the here and now. if you desire these things sooo much why dont you strive to acheive and see them in the here and now?

Because now is temporary. Then is forever.

Alhamdulillah I am very satisfied with my present standard of life and desire only one thing more :)

And yes, of course we strive for wordy success too- it is not prohibited as long as you follow the set guidelines.

~Naz~

Allahu Akbar
Oh what a wonderful topic! Nice to know i share some of the same images others have as well :shymuslima1:

Whilst some people are motivated to strive hard in this life by knowing the '3adhaab' of Hell-Fire others are motivated by the beauty of Jannah. There is nothing wrong with either. The bottom line is whatever works for you and makes you strive for the highest ranks in the Hereafter. I personally am motivated by knowing the 3adhaab and the harshness of Jahannam to abstain from doing wrong as much as I can. I also have friends who are the opposite of me. They are motivated by knowing and comforted by the beauty of Jannah as they find the description of Jahannam too scary.

Nevertheless, I too have pictured Jannah as a never ending wide open space garden ... green-ness all over... i have seen a tree too in my thoughts and a river of some sort... no idea what it is of, but there is a river alright in my imagination :shymuslima1: I have also pictured a beautiful palace made of ... hmm i really don't know but it is very bright and shining in my head :shymuslima1: But then at times am saddened by the thought that everyone will have their own palace and I don't want to be far away from my mother whom i love dearly and she means everything to me after Allah(SWT) and Rasulullah (SAW). May Allah grant her a long and healthy life in His path.

May Allah also grant us the highest place in Jannah: Jannah El Firdaus. And may He have mercy upon us and make it easier for us to choose His path when Shaytan deviates us. May we all find it in our hearts to strive n persevere in this life to attain the everlasting life in Jannah. Amin Amin Amin!

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
~JANNAH~!

:salam2: beloved brothers and sisters:D

SubhanaAllah this is an AMAAAAAAAAAAZING thread, one that I hope to increase our LOVE for jannah.....!:D

HOW DO I PICTURE JANNAH?

There is one thing I always think of when I picture jannah.....THE DAY OF INCREASE! The day when we will be able to see our Lord, Al-Ala, The day when we'll be honored and have the pleasure look at Allah whom we have never seen! subhanaAllah, it's so unimaginative for me, but it's something my heart longs for. Jannah is beautiful as described by Allah in His glorious book of Al-Quran, but I have never LONGED for it UNTIL I have come across this video......THE THOUGHT OF IT MAKES ME RE-THINK, and STRIVE more! subhanaaAllah!
here it's:
[yt]ukBX2TvfyQE[/yt]
see it for yourself:D
but sometimes I am taken back as I dont know if I am deservant of such gift....the bottom line is, I AM A SINFUL slave! I dont know weather or not Allah is pleased with me, I dont know if I'll ever make it to that *beloved day of mine* I dont know if my deeds are enough to earn the mercy of Al-ala? I question myself alot, but a Muslim is supposed to live in a state of FEAR and a state of HOPE.....So I also hope for the forgiveness and the mercy of Allah the most loving RAB!
:tti_sister: ya Allah, we're your servants, we worship none but you and we ask of your mercy, your forginess and your help. Ya Allah we're all full of sins, disobeyed you but we're under your mercy so forgive us and grant us your kindness, ya rabana, we wish to see your NOBLE face full of nur, beauty, and we ask of you to give us Jannah so we can witness that BEATIFUL day! ya Allah help us strive in your way, and help us come closer to you for it's only you who we LOVE the most! Allah accept of us our duas!ameen,ameen,ameen
:hearts: Take care my brothers and sisters in Islam, :SMILY139::SMILY259: