What's jelabi ?

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
^ i second that!

they are yuck :D

I remind myself and others that it is not from adab of the sunnah to criticise any particular foods. The messenger, sal-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam would eat a food if he desired it, and leave it if he didn't have an appetite for it. Foods (and the various types) are a blessing from Allaah, we should appreciate them and not criticise with statements like, "Marmite is disgusting!". I will try to bring the proof inshaa' Allaah, unless someone gets to it before me.

Jazaakumullaah khayran.

:wasalam:

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
I remind myself and others that it is not from adab of the sunnah to criticise any particular foods. The messenger, sal-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam would eat a food if he desired it, and leave it if he didn't have an appetite for it. Foods (and the various types) are a blessing from Allaah, we should appreciate them and not criticise with statements like, "Marmite is disgusting!". I will try to bring the proof inshaa' Allaah, unless someone gets to it before me.

Jazaakumullaah khayran.

salam

blessings in foods yeah no doubt about it! :D

the sugar,
the flour,
the milk,
the water,
even the oil theyre made in is a blessing
alhamdulillah!

.........but mixed all together = jaleebi = not so nice

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Salam alaikum.

That stuff is like ... 110% sugar - orange coloured sugar. That's all it is pretty much.

A friend of mine once said, "a dia
betic person will die if they just sniff that stuff".

samiha

---------
Staff member
That stuff is like ... 110% sugar - orange coloured sugar. That's all it is pretty much.

A friend of mine once said, "a dia
betic person will die if they just sniff that stuff".

:salam2:

oooh i love the stuff so much! too bad you can't get it very much here. I love Bangladeshi food, but especially the sweets. lol... they are the best!! But some of them can't beat American Doughnuts and Cakes, oh and cookies.... yum...

that's a bit over the edge, but it's a good thing i'm not diabetic! Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulillah!

dna1987

Muslim Guy
^ I can't handle Bangladeshi sweets!!! Honestly, the roshu-golla stuff gives me nightmares. Man...they taste so funny. It's like taking a spoonful of funny-tasting sugar. That doesn't go for all sweets though; I like finni (the rice-custard thing) and the orange-rice-thing-often-with-raisins-in-it thing. Also, shamai is nice sometimes.

You know those multi coloured square block things though? Yikes. Anyways, cream cakes, donuts, chocolate mousse and hazelnut ice cream are much tastier :)

Salam alaikum.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Jelabi I thought was the food of the Mougals. Anyhow, you guys must all want some...my mother is brining me some from the DC area. You put the thought into my head and InshaAllah, Firday night it will go to my waist ine.
I will think of everyone of you as bite ( can you really bite it ) it and let the sticky-sweet stick in my mouth..melting and coating my teeth for many a day.
I must write there is nothing like Pakistani food in the world.

Veiled_Knight

Salaam,

Jelabi I thought was the food of the Mougals. Anyhow, you guys must all want some...my mother is brining me some from the DC area. You put the thought into my head and InshaAllah, Firday night it will go to my waist ine.
I will think of everyone of you as bite ( can you really bite it ) it and let the sticky-sweet stick in my mouth..melting and coating my teeth for many a day.
I must write there is nothing like Pakistani food in the world.

why sis ur making my mouth water n my teeth hurt just thinking about sugeriness of it.
i wish there were Pakistani stores where i live:girl3: so sad

zarah

Islam
Staff member
^ I can't handle Bangladeshi sweets!!! Honestly, the roshu-golla stuff gives me nightmares. Man...they taste so funny. It's like taking a spoonful of funny-tasting sugar. That doesn't go for all sweets though; I like finni (the rice-custard thing) and the orange-rice-thing-often-with-raisins-in-it thing. Also, shamai is nice sometimes.

You know those multi coloured square block things though? Yikes. Anyways, cream cakes, donuts, chocolate mousse and hazelnut ice cream are much tastier :)

Salam alaikum.

Finnis isn`t that sweet like rice pudding,I like that.:hijabi:

Never knew the name, it's really nice though...sweet yep too sweet and sticky but for me i only get to eat the sugary stuff during ramadaan..When some [pakistani sisters] bring some iftar to the masjid...

Next ramadaan inshAllah i know what to ask the sisters to bring it's good to put a name to the orange face...Thanks!!!

galadari

hey is it a food corner!! i have already started smelling food in here.... lolzzzzzzz

to be honest im very much addicted to jelabi i cant really avoid it when eva i c it.

galadari

Salam alaikum.
well yh bangladeshi sweets r really sweet, but pls dnt say ne thing about rosho golla lolzz i luv them so much.......

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

well yh bangladeshi sweets r really sweet, but pls dnt say ne thing about rosho golla lolzz i luv them so much.......

dont say anything about them..? i got plenty to say! starting with "YUCK" :D lol im kidding...(but theyre not remotely nice tasting and I can never swallow it for some reason :confused: ) The one (and only) cultural sweet thingy i like is rasmalai...:)

We need a poll as to whats the nicest sweet on TTI...if i get bored enough this summer...maybe :D

I do wander though, if bro Abdul Raheem ever did taste jalebi... :rolleyes:

wasalam-aleikum

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu

sister isra, the poll is already there. Click here

Shahi Rabri and Ras malai are the best ones I have ever had. THey will remain my number ones throughout my life. :) I need some asian sweets soon..... :eek:

wa/salam