What's wrong here?

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
As Salaamu Alaykum
What's wrong here? I feel like salat is a huge burden and I hate to do it. On the other hand, I love to do everything else Islam (just not the salat). Why is that? How can I "cure" this? JazakAllahu Khair.

alislam

indeed it is hard, save for the humble-minded

i needed answer to this Q 2 thanks bro
here is what i found from the Quran and the sunnah

{But after them there followed a posterity who missed Prayers and followed after lusts soon, then, will they face destruction, except those who repent and believe, and work righteousness.} (Maryam: 59-60)

And be steadfast in prayer; practise regular charity; and bow down your heads with those who bow down (in worship). Al-Baqarah 2

Seek help in patience and prayer; and truly it is hard save for the humble-minded, ( humble ones) Al-Baqarah 45

"Allah's statement, "Who missed Prayers does not mean that they did not perform it at all but rather they did not perform it in its due time

{So woe to the worshipers who are neglectful of their Prayer (Ma'un: 4-5

Sa'd Ibn Abi Waqqas related, "I asked the Prophet (pbuh) about the meaning of "the worshipers who are neglectful of their Prayer.' He said, "It is the delaying of performing the Prayer in its definite time." The word (Wayl) in the Ayah may refer to severe torture or it may be the name of a valley in the Hell. Were the whole mountains of the world brought in such valley it would melt because of severe heat. This is the abode of those who are not serious in Prayer unless they reÂ*!pent to Allah and regret for what they have done.

"The first of one's works that he shall be called to account for on the Day of Judgment is the Prayer. If he performed it well, he will be prosperous. Otherwise, he will be loser. tirmidi

{What led you into Hell-Fire? They will say, 'We were not of those who prayed, nor were we of those who feed the indigent. But we used to talk vanities with vain talkers, and we used to deny the Day of Judgment until there came to us (the Hour) that is certain. Then will no intercession of any intercessor profit them.}

Whoever neglects the Prayer of 'Asr (Late Afternoon Prayer) will have his deeds vain (bukhari)

Whoever neglects the Prayer intentionally will be free from Allah's covenant

The Benefits of Performing Prayers:

Whoever keeps on performing the prescribed Prayer, Allah will grant him five honorable rewards: he will lead a happy life, avoid the torment in the grave, receive his record by his right hand, cross Sirat (the bridge on Fire) as swift as lightening and enter Paradise without being reckoned. But who is remiss in performing the Prayer, Allah will make him suffer fifteen kind of punishment, five in this world, three when dying, three in the grave, and three when being resurrected. The worldly punishments are: he loses the glamor (the blessing) of his life span, the righteous appearÂ*!ance diminishes from his face, he works in vain, he will not have his supplications answered and he will not make use of the righteous people's supplications.

When dying: he dies humiliated, hungry, thirsty even if he drinks all the rivers of the world. In the grave: he will be compressed so tightly that his ribs permute, blazing in fire day and night and will face a bald-headed poisonous male serpent with two black spots over its eyes which are created of Fire and the fingernails of iron; each fingernail is equal to the distance covered in a day. It will address the deceased in a very roaring sound like thunder saying, "I am the baldÂ*!headed poisonous male serpent, My Lord commanded me to beat you for missing the Fajr Prayer until sunrise, the Dhuhr until Asr, Asr Prayer until Maghrib, Maghrib Prayer until 'Isha' and Ish until Fajr."

Whoever he strikes him, he sinks in the earth for seventy arms deep and he will keep sinking therein until the Day of Judgment.

Eventually, when being resurrected from his grave, he will be risen up with three lines written on his face: 1) You neÂ*!glect Allah's right 2) You got Allah's wrath 3) As you have neglected Allah's right in the world, you should despair His Mercy on this Day.â€[45]

Ibn 'Abbas said, "On the Day of Judgment, a man is brought beÂ*!fore Allah. Then Allah issues a command to cast him into Fire. The man asks Allah, "O My Lord, why? Allah, then, replies, "Because you neglected to perform the Prayer in its time and you swear falsely by Me."

"One day the Prophet (pbuh) said before his Companions:

"O Allah, let not any of us wretched or deprived." Then, he said, "Do you know who the wretched and deprived is? “They said, "Who is that, Messenger of Allah?" He said, "The one who neglects the Prayer. “[46]

The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said,

"The first faces that will turn dark on the Day of Judgment are the faces of those who neglect the Prayer. In the HellÂ*!Fire.. there is a valley called AI-Malham that contains serpents. Each serpent is as fat as a camel's neck and its length is equal to the distance covered in a day. Then, it stings the one who neglects the Prayer, the poison boils in his body for seventy years then the flesh is torn out.â€[47]

bashaar

ehehe you remind me of my self the first 4 weeks are kinda hard after that its all good. what worked for me I kinda slowly tricked my self into it now i go crazy if i miss it . try your best for now

mahdi

aslamu alykum,

i think the soul loves the bad things and hates the good things, it;s not you who's doing it, it is satan, soo my advise is fight back and i hope you win,

abdullah1111

asslamoalkom

Allah has made a test for us,satan is a enemy to us,he tells you not to pray and to forget it.:SMILY346: :lol: :lol:
As Salaamu Alaykum
What's wrong here? I feel like salat is a huge burden and I hate to do it. On the other hand, I love to do everything else Islam (just not the salat). Why is that? How can I "cure" this? JazakAllahu Khair.

saqlawi

Muslim Student
All information in our brain other than biological instinct is sensory. That is, what we gain by hearing, seeing, feeling, smelling, and tasting.

Note that all these are for dunya only, we are most directly connected to this world.

This makes it hard for us to always remember what is really important, which is the akhira, the afterlife. You see, I could be all motivated and religious one minute, then forget about Allah and eveything when I do something else. When you go to school or work, you must admit that it is like entering a different world where remembering Allah becomes a lot harder.

This is why we do salah. I used to have your same problem. I used to not appreciate the salat I did five times a day, because I felt that I was just repeating the same thing automatically like a robot. The reality is that the simple "Allahu Akbar" you say so many times a day is very very hard to keep in your head if you didn't pray. Think about it when you say it, it means a lot to the way you act after.

Also, one thing I found helps as well: Read and study surat alfatiha. You recite it at least seventeen times a day, know it well and understand it. If you can grow an appreciation for what you are saying, it will help you keep your salah on track.

And do not ever worry about time when you do salah. (Don't constantly worry about being late for something, or think about what you need to do after or what you did before). Remember that it is Allah who controls time and every event in the universe, only he can bless you with time. There is no burden then, only blessing.

I hope that helps... I need to work on my own salah too unfortunately

spike.p

may Allah help us all

Your not alone.It has crossed my thoughts to.

You gotta think of it this way. Sallah is a gift due to all the virtues it has. The other thing is that if you look at your work place and the environment around you you will notice that knowbody has time for their religion (or their god). Because its mandatory for us we do it 5 times a day and we remember Allah. Weather its a burden or not. And because of this our religion stays stronger with us than others with there religion. So continue to perform 5 times a day and keep asking Allah to change your heart, and make you love praying. Slowly but surely it will happen. Allah is the one that can change the heart. Is Allah not merciful enough to help his creation that cares to want to get closer to him. Along with makeing dua read Istigfar, send blessing to the beloved Prophet S.A.W and praise Allah. Atleast 100 times each a day on your hands or a tasbeeh. It will take only 10 - 15 min of your time. Try it InshAllah and let me know.
Ask Allah to help me too.
Sallams.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
assalamu aleikum
may be first u should look in your heart and see if u completely trust Allah.Salah is his comand ,its obligation.Belief is a trust to Allah in 100 %.U have to understand and live each day as its your last day.With every Salah u should understand that u standing in front of Allah,and that he see u.
I neglected Salah so many times ,but after a terrible car crash that I had and Allah saved my life,which was a miracle,it made me think that life is absolutely nothing.It made me to wake up at every Fajr prayer.When I hear the athan I cannot sleep,it makes me to wake up and I feel happy to worship the one who I trust,who i love ,who I dream to meet one day,because this life is absolutely nothing.Look at your heart and be patient.I prey five times a day and feel like its not even enough sometimes ,be thankfull and worship Allah,put all your trust on him ,as there is a reward....and what can be better to live for
Remember to take care of five things ,before five others occur
Your health before u become sick
Your youth before u become old
Your wealth before u become poor
Your leasure before u become busy
And your life before u die

Fear of Allah ,as your life is only in his hands...
Salam

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Remember to take care of five things ,before five others occur
Your health before u become sick
Your youth before u become old
Your wealth before u become poor
Your leasure before u become busy
And your life before u die

Salam

:salam2:

Your qoute above is a very good quote.... There is a even a nasheed for that.....
JazakALLAH khair

Noor to shine

Salat

I think that salat become a burden when we forget it`s meanings ....we have to reminde ourselves that Salat is a meating between the humble poor creature with his most high rich creator ........a meating between the slave and his Lord ......a meating between the giver and the most poor servant .....When we pray we face our Lord ....when we say Alhamduliallah for the uncountable favoures we are enjoying then our Lord is hearing us and respoding InshaAllah .....and so on through our salat .....I think that if we pray with a heart then we will like to continue and never to end the prayer ........it will be a joy for hearts and souls: If we stop praying then we are cutting our connection with Allah swt.......

:salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah:

Kayote

I can understand how you feel as I also use to be in the same position.

Many good answers here but to me one of the great worldly benefits of Salat is 'awareness of time' & 'asking Allah for help with whatever is on my mind'.

One of the hard things to get to grip with can be the fact that we have to fashion our lives around Salat, let that be an opportunity rather than a problem. With time, you'll quickly get into a habit of making sure that you give preference to salat over other things, ofcourse there can be exceptions but Insha'Allah as few as possible.

For me, since Ive read the translation of Salat, Im so much more comfortable with it as I can understand what each verse means and what Im asking/praising Allah of. Keep in your mind that you stand in front of Allah & Allah is the one who will be pleased by your actions... nobody else & the fact that inspite of so many wrong thoughts that come to your mind, you stay steadfast must really please Allah (SHW) Insha'Allah, no?

Oh & trust me on this one, not offering your prayers (e.g going to bed without offering Isha prayers) & then feeling guilty about it is even worse! It will be constantly on your mind the next day... & if you are anything like me, you'll feel very disappointed with yourself.

:wasalam:

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Although we should do things intentionally and with purpose BUT...

Being habitual also helps because when its time you feel like you have to do it & you can get away from feelings & emotions...

Just like working out...

You don't feel like doing it but you do because its your habit..

CAUTION: Please NOTE that I am neither comparing Salah to praying (wholesale) nor advocating that we should pray as a habit rather then a worship; just making a point that at times when you are down GOOD HABITS help you.