Where do I start??

Agnieszka

Hello,

I am new to this site and would like to hear from anyone who can advise me how to progress through my conversion to Islam. I read some books and I feel in my heart that this is what I need...but I am not sure where to start..
Would be very glad to hear from you.

Agnieszka

nur-ilos

selam sister
im new too to this site but i must say the friendliness is overwhelming no judging, i became muslim 4 years ago its the best thing ive ever done im such a better person. i started just as you are i studied reading books and listening to other brothers and sisters inshallah, allah willing your path to islam will be overwhelming experience like mine allah bless you sister.

also im from england hopefully we could swap advice from time to time

abdellah007

salam alaykum

Sister, as you are in period of learning and reading books, start reading Quran. Insha allah it will help you with many things.

ps : your name seems to be a polish one :)

enjoy your stay and welcome to TTI.

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salamalaykum,

All praises be to Allah glad to know about u sister. Welcome to TTI, hope insha Allah u will learn about Islam and get benefited from here insah Allah.

sister to start learn about Islam I think the best is to start from the life of Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) and Quran. Insha Allah on this link u can find about life of Prophet Mohammed (pbuh).

http://www.anwary-islam.com/prophet-story/muh.htm

Sister on this site u will find audio of Quran with english translation insha Allah.

http://www.islam.us/mp3QuranWithEnglish.php

Sister inshha Allah on this site u can find writen english translation of Quran.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/

Sister if u want some more a start u can have a look

http://www.sultan.org/

Hope insha Allah this will do u some help pls feel free to ask any thing u like to insha Allah here brothers/sisters will try to answer u in the light of Quran and Sunnah for the sake of Allah.

May Allah guide us to the straight path and protect us from HELL FIRE. Ameen.

*FatimaFilsan*

Hi Agnieszka, Welcome.
I have a couple of advices for you.
1.If you have read about the teachings of Islam and you belief in them and you have a desire to become a muslim, the best thing for you do is to make your Shahadah. The Shahadah is the testimony of Faith, you should say it with sincere belief and conviction. This is what you say: “La ilah illa Allah, Muhammad rasoolu Allah.” It means "I testify that there is no one worthy of worship (deity) but God (Allah), and that Muhammad is a Messenger (Prophet) of God.” Don't delay in making your shahadah and becoming a muslim, we dont know when we will die, once we die it is too late to become a muslim. You have the opportunity now, take advantage of it.
2. Go to a mosque and meet up with the imam(the religious leader of the mosque) and muslim sisters in your area. It is always best to be connected with the muslims so that if they can help you.
3. Pray to God to help you and Guide you to the straight path.
I will pray that you get your prayers answered. I hope that the next time we hear from you that you are a Muslim. Ameen.

Take care.

saffanah

speak good or silent
Welcome to TTI sister.

It is better for you read the Qur'an first and also with it's tafsir (explanation from scholars, i.e. the meaning of each ayat, it's background, etc)

Here is a good site to learn more about the tafsir of the Holy Qur'an:
http://www.tafsir.com/

May Allah guide you to this straight path.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
asalamu alaykum(peace be to you)

ok... where should u start well, if i were u i would first understand what are the teachings of the quran. and understand what the quran says coz alot of people have read the quran and thought it was amazing scripture. if you wan't to convert before you finish reading the quran then that's ur decision, not mine.

i have heard from alot of people on this forum that converted, and they were all under the guidance of Allah. it is Allah the guides whome he wills.
quran translation :www.quranexplorere.com

if you have question in any matter you can always ask, alhamdulilah they are alot of helpful brothers and sisters on this forum that can always answre your questions. don't also be afraid to ask starange questions, even if you got it from the media we have the answeres!

oh waite i forgot to welcome u :SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206: to tti.

may Allah bless those that are behind this forum amen :tti_sister:
may Allah guide u sister amen:tti_sister:

wishing u all the best:hearts:

nori suja'i

welcome to tti sister,
eventhough all of us living far away from one another but after joing tti i feel like all of u're staying next door to me.
last time when i sent my indroductory here, i unable to view it. i quess i sent to the wrong nr, forgive me everybody since i'm not really good in computer.

wassalaam.

happy_muslimah

Save Palestine..
Salaamu alykum
Firstly i welcome you to TTI..I would advice as the others have done read the quraan first..and if you have any questions Plz free to ask the brothers and sisters here will be glad to help you:):)

shari

Brother
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركات

welcome and best of luck and may Allah help you

islamservant

Egyptian sister
welcome here my dear:SMILY288:

praise to allah who leaded u to islam :tti_sister:

my dear do as brothers and sisters told u :muslim_child:

may allah guide u and help u:tti_sister:

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin
:salam2:

Welcome to TTI and community of Islam

As the others have suggested you can start by reading the Quran

Looking forward for your reply

khalidvaltrans

i will say :SMILY206: to islam do'nt be late.onece ur heart accepting Islam than what u waiting for? come on just say LA ILAHA ILLALLA MOHAMMADUR RASOOLULLAH.don't wait 4 engel of death {malikal mout} coz no body knows when he dais so plaese be4 it be a muslim and dai a muslim

Agnieszka

Many thanks

Thank you all for your help. I was amazed how many replys I received. Thank you for your support and advice. I hope I will be back here soon with more questions! :0)