where do you prefer?

abdellah007

salam alaykum brothers and sisters,

For my own interest i would like to know where would you like to live , make family and rise your children : in an islamic country in spite of its advantages, or in the west.

As long as you raise your kids the right way and teach them ethics and islam at home, it doesn't matter what country you are in. The best manners are taught at home from the parents.

abdellah007

As long as you raise your kids the right way and teach them ethics and islam at home, it doesn't matter what country you are in. The best manners are taught at home from the parents.

dont you think that the influence of outside home would affect on them?

dont you think that the influence of outside home would affect on them?
I used to always say to myself, when I have kids I will move to an Islamic country because of the influences here. But I learned as time went by that that is not the right way. My parents raised 8 children here in the west and because they taught us the right things and put fear in our minds that if we did the wrong thing there are consequences. I've had people around me that were a bad influence but because of what I was taught at home, I knew not to follow that path. Another reason is I visited a few Islamic countries and realized there are many bad influences there too. I live in a community where there is large group of mulims here, and they will be fine living here.

abdellah007

I used to always say to myself, when I have kids I will move to an Islamic country because of the influences here. But I learned as time went by that that is not the right way. My parents raised 8 children here in the west and because they taught us the right things and put fear in our minds that if we did the wrong thing there are consequences. I've had people around me that were a bad influence but because of what I was taught at home, I knew not to follow that path. Another reason is I visited a few Islamic countries and realized there are many bad influences there too. I live in a community where there is large group of mulims here, and they will be fine living here.

jazak allah khyran.

i just would like to take everyone s point of view because am on the way of taking a decision.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
I would never want to raise my chidren in the West ,but if I have to I will ,inshaAllah not ...
In the west children more exposed to all haram things .They see it more ..
Even,i know, there is no perfect Islamic country in this world exist ,I still would prefer to live there among muslims and would want to have Islamic knowledge for my children,to study from scholars and etc.. ,more then just a career and comfort of the west...

Just my opinion

waaleikum salam

Steve940

:salam2:

salam aleikum
I would never want to raise my chidren in the West ,but if I have to I will ,inshaAllah not ...
Even,i know, there is no perfect Islamic country in this world exist ,I still would prefer to live there among muslims and would want to have Islamic knowledge for my children,to study from scholars and etc.. ,more then just a career and comfort of the west...

Just my opinion

waaleikum salam

This is exactly the same way I feel. I know that growing up in the West may not necessarily result in following their ways, but I'd be scared for my children and how they were influenced by the people around them nonetheless.

If I have kids, I would like them to grow up in an Islamic setting, like sister aisha said, Insha'Allah

iislam4ever

Servant of Allah 247
well i would like to live in Saudi inshallah because it’s the only Muslim country who apparently follows sharia

rtbour

american muslima
I am American. My husband is from Jordan. Before i met my husband, I thought the world was just a corrupt, loveless, selfish, dangerous and scary place. I was starting to think i was the only one left with a heart. All I saw around me was sex, violence, addictions, liars, cheaters, etc., and I was tired of it. I was giving up because I thought there was nothing left to hope for in this life. I don't know where I would be if I had not met him. I know that the morals I see in him are things I have never seen in anyone. I knew nothing about Islam or the middle east when I met him, but the moment I saw him I knew he was different. I believe it is because of the way AND place he was raised. He grew up in a kind muslim family in the middle east. Maybe there are issues there, but I would rather deal with them than the issues here. I would like to be in a place where people do not get murdered and raped everyday. I want to live in Jordan and raise my children there, because no matter what issues that country may have, I will chose those issues over the issues America faces ANY DAY. Everyday that I stay in America, I feel more and more ready to get out of here.

Joanna-Aisha

Wa alykoum el salam! I would like to live in Muslim country and see how I can behave there, exist, and then decide what next...But I would like to stay when Allah(swt) wants me to live.Maa el salama

aisha-uk

salam aleikum

Just my opinion

waaleikum salam

i totally agree with u.. we have 3 kids and i'm hoping, InshaAllah that we will move to a muslim country within the near future

summertime

sister :)
Well if i chose to move to a muslim country the only choice i would have would be to move to pakistan...but then i wonder whether i can still call pakistan a muslim country anymore :confused:

kubra_2002

Allahu Akubar!!!!!
salaam

well i would like to live in Saudi inshallah because it’s the only Muslim country who apparently follows sharia

:salam2:bro and sis...i am agree with this sis/bro...Saudi is my dream country..particularly Makkah and Madina..and I also would love to live in Yamen because prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said Yamen is the land of ilmi and imaan..

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
A lot of people who have never lived in a Muslim country want to raise their kids in Muslim countries....but I really think you need to live there on your own before you can make an honest decission about it. When I came here I was warned, this is an Islamic country but there are many who are Muslim by name only and other than that have nothing to do with Islam. A few people I've met were shocked at the way people acted ( stuff you wouldn't even see in the west, well some parts at least), the way teachers treated their students ect. Muslim countries have their advantages, but they also have their disadvantages, same with the west ( that I also have to point out has many Muslims living there). It's great if you have the oppertunity to live in a country that has fewer Muslims if only to give dawa. So really my answer would be I would rather raise my child in Canada than in Syria, the pros for Canada outweigh Syria, there is way too much pollution here, the schools can have anywhere from 40-60 students in a classroom, the constant second hand smoke is a death sentence, all the crazy drivers that don't use their turn signals or breaks and really there's not much in terms of activity for a child to do around here. Of course there are things that will be missed here.:wasalam:

gazkour

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

Well if i chose to move to a muslim country the only choice i would have would be to move to pakistan...but then i wonder whether i can still call pakistan a muslim country anymore :confused:

This is a very good point. At first, I used to dream of living in a 'muslim' country, but unfortunately I have realised that that's not always the best option.

First of all I want to say that it depends on the upbringing and example kids get at home. that's for sure, but we cannot deny the influence of the surroundings, either.

My conclusion, after what I've seen with my own eyes, is that I rather living in a 'kafir' country where you see bad things from the unbelievers, and not living in a 'muslim' country and seeing bad things from so called 'muslim' people. Sometimes when your are in a tough environment, that makes you value and stick more to Islam.

My husband is from Morocco, and he never really knew anything 'serious' about Islam until he moved to Europe. I've been once to his country, and there are many advantages islamically there, but unfortunately, I saw things that I would not like my daughter to see from a muslim or from a hijabi. I also felt like 'teaching' them or showing them what really Islam is! And that's what's happenning not just there, but in all 'muslim' countries, I'm afraid.

When I see muslim sisters having boyfriends, selling haram things, practicing withcraft, wearing plenty make up, and so on ... I rather being here. Allah knows best.

May Allah guide us and forgive us all.

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato.

faithzilla

Had Left TTI
I'm Indonesian but currently i'm staying in sydney, Australia.

Indonesia is not muslim country politically but culturally it's islam. I never thought I would miss simple things normally I take for granted such as praying 3 times/day in mosque(my favorite time is shubuh) hearing athan. because in here we have mosque in every corner!!. I would miss eating out in the restaurant without to much worry. In sydney i never eating in the restaurant because most likely they sell bacon.

And not to mention when it's summer time(6months) everywhere the girls wear very little clothing, and I have to keep my eyes from staring at their skins (Astagfirllahu)

q8penpals

Salam

Ideally, I would like to raise my potential daughters in Kuwait, and sons in America. HOwever, if I have both sons and daughters, it would be really hard to divide the family! LOL! So, if I have both, I guess either would be find until the teen years, but Kuwait in the teen years for sure!

Lana

Almeftah

Theres no better place on this earth than Makkah, If i was to chose i would chose to live and die in Makkah..

during the migration to Madinah, he (saw) said about Makkah with tears in his (saw) eyes, "You are the most beloved land of Allah to me because you are the most beloved land of Allah to Allah."

Abel213

I have currently extremely conflicted views on this subject that I have been thinking about for a while. I live in the US right now, but I'm not sure if I should continue to live here after I finish college for a few different reasons.
#1- Quran tells us not to take unbelievers as protectors
#2- US is at war with Muslims
#3- Feeling guilty raising family here knowing that they would probably become kuffar after a few generations.
#4- I would be happier living around Muslims