Where does everyone come from?

Where do you come from?

• Total voters

Uum

come on no South East Asia ?
I'm from Indonesia, one of the biggest Muslim population country:biggrin:

Naima Ali

Nationalism, sister

we are proud to be Muslim, and Allah has honored us and only He can honor.
we are not proud of where we are born and we are going to die.

It is narrated by Abu Da'wud that the Messenger of Allah (saaw) said,
"He is not one us who calls for `Asabiyyah, (nationalism/tribalism) or who fights for `Asabiyyah or who dies for `Asabiyyah."
And in another Hadith, the Messenger of Allah (saaw) referring to nationalism, racism, and patriotism said:
.....wa-llahu a'lam

wassalam

:salam2:

:jazaak: Thank you for your kind advice ,but don't take me wrong. I just love my country. I dont prefer my country over islam, i love all muslims but i am proud of being a Pakistani.

I hope you know that the Prophet Muhammad :saw:loved Makkah above all. When he left for Madina he was really really sad.

alf2

Islam is a way of life

:jazaak: Thank you for your kind advice ,but don't take me wrong. I just love my country. I dont prefer my country over islam, i love all muslims but i am proud of being a Pakistani.

I hope you know that the Prophet Muhammad :saw:loved Makkah above all. When he left for Madina he was really really sad.

Pakistan Zindabad :)

Nationalism, sister

It is narrated by Abu Da'wud that the Messenger of Allah (saaw) said,
"He is not one us who calls for `Asabiyyah, (nationalism/tribalism) or who fights for `Asabiyyah or who dies for `Asabiyyah."
And in another Hadith, the Messenger of Allah (saaw) referring to nationalism, racism, and patriotism said:
"Leave it, it is rotten." [Muslim and Bukhari] and in the Hadith recorded in Mishkat al-Masabith, the Messenger of Allah (saaw) said,
"He who calls for `Asabiyyah is as if he bit his father's genitals"
Also, the Messenger of Allah (saaw) said, narrated by At-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud,
"There are indeed people who boast of their dead ancestors; but in the sight of Allah they are more contemptible than the black beetle that rolls a piece of dung with its nose. Behold, Allah has removed from you the arrogance of the Time of Jahiliyyah (Ignorance) with its boast of ancestral glories. Man is but an Allah-fearing believer or an unfortunate sinner. All people are the children of Adam, and Adam was created out of dust."
Also, the Messenger of Allah (saaw) said,
"Undoubtedly Allah has removed from you the pride of arrogance of the age of Jahilliyah (ignorance) and the glorification of ancestors. Now people are of two kinds. Either believers who are aware or transgressors who do wrong. You are all the children of Adam and Adam was made of clay. People should give up their pride in nations because that is a coal from the coals of Hell-fire. If they do not give this up Allah (swt) will consider them lower than the lowly worm which pushes itself through Khara (dung)." [Abu Dawud and Tirmidhi]

wa-llahu a'lam

wassalam

Totally agree with you! :)

Ershad

:wasalam: wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu

We all love Makkah and Madinah above all cities. Makkah is the mother of all cities. However, Madinah is better to settle and dwell.

“Madinah is better for them if only they knew. Nobody ever leaves it seeking to
escape from it except that Allah gives him what is better than it. And nobody remains firm upon its hardships except that I will intercede or be a witness for him on the Day of Resurrection.”

Shaykh Al Albanee's as-Silsilah as-Sahihah’ (274)

“There will come a time upon Madinah when the people will leave it for the villages seeking comfort. So, they will find comfort. Then, they will take their families to this comfort, and Madinah is better for them if they only knew.”

Shaykh Al Albanee declared it sahih in ‘Sahih at-Targhib wat-Tarhib’ (1189)

“Whoever of you is able to die in Madinah, let him do so, for I will intercede for the one who dies in it,”

Sahih at-Targhib wat-Tarhib’ (1192)

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

This is how world looks from my balcony : )

Attachments

• 8818_101953839819774_100000154760952_57290_3643368_n.jpg
    8818_101953839819774_100000154760952_57290_3643368_n.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 93
  • 8818_101953836486441_100000154760952_57289_4950823_n.jpg
    8818_101953836486441_100000154760952_57289_4950823_n.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 8818_101953833153108_100000154760952_57288_578496_n.jpg
    8818_101953833153108_100000154760952_57288_578496_n.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 89

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:wasalam: wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu

We all love Makkah and Madinah above all cities. Makkah is the mother of all cities. However, Madinah is better to settle and dwell.

Nationalism, sister

wassalam

Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baarakaatuh,

Brothers go easy on her, One doesn't simply becomes a nationalist because he loves his country or is proud of it.

Everyone feels attached to the place of their birth and where they grew up. This feeling is quite natural and doesn't contradict the Sharia.

Fourthly:
Islam does not forbid a Muslim to love his homeland or the country in which he lives or grew up. What is reprehensible is basing one’s feelings of loyalty and disavowal on that, and loving and hating on that basis. A person who belongs to the same country as you is not closer to you than a Muslim from another land, and the reason for your loving or hating others should not be whether or not they come from the same country as you. Rather loyalty and disavowal, or love and hatred, should all be based on Islam and piety.
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to love Makkah because it was the most beloved land to Allaah, but he did not love the kaafirs who lived there, rather he fought them because they fought against Islam and killed Muslims. Neither he nor his companions ever gave precedence to their love of Makkah over the laws of Allaah, so when Allaah forbade those who had migrated from Makkah to go back to it, except for Hajj and three days after it, they adhered to that and did not stay there for longer than that period. Their love for Makkah did not make them disobey Allaah, let alone do anything that was worse than that.

Today you see that tribalism and devotion to one's country has gone to such extremes that places of shirk are venerated just because they are in one’s country; the flag is venerated because it represents the country, so the people stand and salute it with a reverence that is absent in their prayers when they stand before their Lord.

Sixthly:
We have mentioned that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) loved Makkah and that he gave precedence to obeying his Lord over his love for Makkah.
It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to Makkah, “What a good land you are, and how dear you are to me. Were it not that my people drove me out from you, I would never have lived anywhere else.”
Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3926; classed as saheeh by al-Tirmidhi and by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 5536.

You can also find similar stories of the Sahaabah and those who came after them, by reading their biographies. It seems that the love of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the Sahaabah for Makkah was because it was the most beloved land to Allaah, as it says in another report narrated by al-Tirmidhi, no. 3925: “You are the best land of Allaah and the most beloved of the land of Allaah to Allaah.” Classed as saheeh by Ibn Hajar.

But the natural love that a person feels for the place where he grew up is something that is not regarded as blameworthy by sharee’ah, so long as that does not distract you from acts of worship and obedience which are more important. Hence we see that the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them), Muhaajireen and Ansaar alike, left their homelands and went out to other lands, spreading the call of Islam throughout other countries. They went out for purposes that were nobler than their attachment to land and buildings.
And Allaah knows best.

Source

Our lil sister didn't say anything wrong. She said she just loved Pakistan as her homeland. Let's not jump conclusions.

I apologise if I've said anything wrong.

Ershad

Walaikkum Assalam wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu,

I am sorry if my post was perceived as accusation. I was just saying we all love Makkah and Madinah since Prophet :saw2: loved it.

I love pakistan too like I love the whole world Allah created for me. .. I have few pakistani brothers where I study and work. My love for Muslims transcends the boundaries of where I was born or live.

And I like Pakistani Falooda :D

Falooda-Recipe.jpg

But I really hate Tahir-ul-Qadri.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
even if I live in Italy it doesn't mean that I'm proud to be italian.indeed,I'm not proud of it!I wish to earn enough money to go to Mekka.I didn't know this place before,but it's begun my principal purposal of life.I like any other place,but not Italy

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Walaikkum Assalam wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu,

I am sorry if my post was perceived as accusation. I was just saying we all love Makkah and Madinah since Prophet :saw2: loved it.

I love pakistan too like I love the whole world Allah created for me. .. I have few pakistani brothers where I study and work. My love for Muslims transcends the boundaries of where I was born or live.

And I like Pakistani Falooda :D

Falooda-Recipe.jpg

But I really hate Tahir-ul-Qadri.

I'm sorry brother, perhaps my words have innate harshness attached to them.
May Allaah fill your stomach with that, till you are full.

Can't blame you for that.