Which Qur'an Translation?

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
^ assalaamu alaykkum wa rahmathullahi wa barakatuhu brother.. there is a pdf version without any foot notes.. you can just google it and download that version..

muslimshabs

:salam2:

Mashallah there is always a need for a translation of Holy Quran and its explaination in the light of Hadith and sunnah and the new aspects of quran that have been revealed from the last decade... like in the new fields of science and technology which needs to be in some kind of limits according to quran ...

so as suggested by earlier brothers and sisters you would be having the answer to the question ...

eminbey

信得過…是我的名字
I have heard that this is a very good translation. But because of lots of foot notes, it is not easy to read it quickly.
:wasalam:

Selam Alykom
footnotes are very useful during a translation from a foreign language ( arabic)
because as I mentioned before, there are lot of terms in arabic which have no existance in english,so a sentance(footnote) would approach the main opinion meant by the verse.
knowing what Allah Subhanahu wants to tell us in a very proper way based on the revelation (sunnah) ,and based on the understanding of the companions is knowledge increasing,and frees our creed from being corrupted with men understanding and deviations.

the wrong understanding of the Quran and the Sunnah is the major fact that made people blow themeselves ( believing that islam told them to do so)

and about reading it quickly,
you should know that the prophet peace be upon him told that the one who recites Quran while its hard for him to do so would be given double reward,reward for reciting plus reward(BONUS) for hardship

may Allah guide us all

HappyMuslimah

Exams:Duas please!

There are plenty of works on tafseer and translations of ayat of the Quran that though contain very good explanations/deliberations have errors with regards to Aqeedah.

Therefore,we should try to study the Aqeedah of Ahlus Sunnah in detail and try to be well versed in it, so that we may not be mislead into misunderstanding by reading any translation/work of tafseer.

I don't know what you mean by metaphorical meanings, but if they are used in a way to deny the attributes of Allah azz zawajal then it is certainly a grave mistake in the works. As I mentioned earlier, if you have a firm foundation in Aqeedah, you will know what we are trying to convey.

The best way to understand and ponder on the Quranic verses is by learning Arabic. Translations always have shortcomings regardless of how linguistically well versed the translator is. So if you are doing to spend a lot of hours deliberating on the miraculous revelation, it would be a good idea to understand the way it was revealed ie in Arabic.

I hope this made sense. Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Thank you for your response, that did make sense. Like most people I can read arabic but don't understand it. I now understand the point about Aqeedah but I have no idea how to best go about learning about it accurately. There are conflicting books and articles etc?

revert2007

Love Fishing
No Yusuf Ali plz

As salamu 'alaikum

Any translation like Mukhsin Khan in sha Allah but Yusuf Ali

(plz avoid yusuf Ali translation)

Allah knows the best.
As salamu 'alikum

eminbey

信得過…是我的名字
As salamu 'alaikum

Any translation like Mukhsin Khan in sha Allah but Yusuf Ali

(plz avoid yusuf Ali translation)

Allah knows the best.
As salamu 'alikum

May Allah grant you Jannah for your precious advice,
it is obvious that some of this forum's members are still jealous for their Deen,
Yusuf Ali....
one thing I'll mention is that:" we're not talking about the individual or the person who wrote the translation, we're warning from his writings,which may cause you brother or sister problems( big ones) in the day of judgement,because in this Duniya(life) you weren't serious about finding what the truth is about,and you'll find yourself believing the same belief as the innovators of every century,
Al-Qurtubi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Our scholars (may Allaah have mercy on them) said: Everyone who apostatizes from the religion of Allaah or who introduces innovations with which Allaah is not pleased and did not give permission for is one of those who will be driven away from the Cistern. Those who will be most forcibly driven away will be those who differed from the majority of Muslims and split from them, such as the Khaarijis and Raafidis of all stripes, and the Mu’tazilis and anyone who followed their ways. The same applies to the evildoers and oppressors who tried to extinguish the truth and kill its followers and humiliate them, and those who openly committed major sins and took the matter of sin lightly, and all those who followed deviant whims and desires and innovation. Al-Tadhkirah by al-Qurtubi, 306.

Valerie

Jazakallah Khair. I really appreciate the time and thought put into all the responses. Now I think I can go and get a good one for my friend. And I need to get a better one for myself :)

Have a wonderful day!

eminbey

信得過…是我的名字

Jazakallah Khair. I really appreciate the time and thought put into all the responses. Now I think I can go and get a good one for my friend. And I need to get a better one for myself :)

Have a wonderful day!

thank you

SELAM

revert2007

Love Fishing
May Allah grant you Jannah for your precious advice,
it is obvious that some of this forum's members are still jealous for their Deen,
Yusuf Ali....
one thing I'll mention is that:" we're not talking about the individual or the person who wrote the translation, we're warning from his writings,which may cause you brother or sister problems( big ones) in the day of judgement,because in this Duniya(life) you weren't serious about finding what the truth is about,and you'll find yourself believing the same belief as the innovators of every century,
Al-Qurtubi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Our scholars (may Allaah have mercy on them) said: Everyone who apostatizes from the religion of Allaah or who introduces innovations with which Allaah is not pleased and did not give permission for is one of those who will be driven away from the Cistern. Those who will be most forcibly driven away will be those who differed from the majority of Muslims and split from them, such as the Khaarijis and Raafidis of all stripes, and the Mu’tazilis and anyone who followed their ways. The same applies to the evildoers and oppressors who tried to extinguish the truth and kill its followers and humiliate them, and those who openly committed major sins and took the matter of sin lightly, and all those who followed deviant whims and desires and innovation. Al-Tadhkirah by al-Qurtubi, 306.

As salamu 'alaikum

Ameen to your dua.
It is nothing personal and I don't even know who is Yusuf Ali except that he is one of the quran translator.

When I converted to Islam, I was introduced to Yusuf Ali's translation and his translation is the most popular and "thanx" to certain people who are very good at publicity.

In my blog the translation is Yusuf Ali but I need time to edit in sha Allah.

For any new reverts or non Muslims looking into Islam...Just ignore Yusuf Ali translation in sha Allah.

Allah knows the best
As salamu 'alaikum