Who is likely to Win Cricket World Cup

Who is Likely to Win Cricket World Cup -2011

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mwaraitch

While India has advantage of home grounds, I feel it turns out to be disadvantage when it comes to tough moment.
Whom you think is likely to win the world cup based in present performance.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

Really, as much as I love cricket - is it necessary to have this topic in News and Current Affairs in an Islamic forum?? :)

I support India for the Cup, of course. (And today's match with England was so heart-pounding... it ended in a tie! Me and my brother were squinting at the bad online streaming of the match, and it was really fun to watch all the emotional chaos.) I don't want Australia to win anymore, they've won three times in a row. Pakistan could win too. Let's see what happens, it's too early to tell yet.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
What?

You don't have Bangladesh or New Zealand on the poll options. I'm supporting those two teams, and so I think they have the best chances of winning. Don't ask me about the logic behind it :)

Assalam alaikum.

MalikBrother

It would have been nicer to see Afghanistan participate in WC 2011 along with Bangladesh and Pakistan. Pakistan is probably the only strongest Muslim team in Cricket, and has a lot of tough teams to deal with in Group/Knockout/Semi.Final/Final. Insha'Allah, Pakistan will win the WC 2011. May ALLAAH (SWT) guides Pakistan to win the WC 2011, Ameen!

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

SubhanAllah, that's amazing - praying on the field.

I think it would be funny if the few muslims on the Indian cricket team started praying together with the Pakistanis. It would be amazing and absolutely correct for it to happen too. :)

MalikBrother

SubhanAllah, that's amazing - praying on the field.

I think it would be funny if the few muslims on the Indian cricket team started praying together with the Pakistanis. It would be amazing and absolutely correct for it to happen too. :)

It may not be possible now. The day Pakistan conquer India, the day Indian Muslim and Pakistani Muslim will be united as ONE, praying together to submit themselves to one and only one - Allaah (SWT) - the oneness.

That's the dream may come true in our lifetime considering the arrival of Prophet Isa (PBUH) and Imam Mahdi aren't far away. Insha'Allah, we shall witness these beautiful events in our lives, Ameen!

Almaas

Ughh eww. That's all I can say right now.

Tell me about, feel so upset and just generally low. I watched the whole thing, but kheir, it's just a game..

Abu Eesa Niamatullah:
Folks, if we were to call upon Allah everyday like we have been over this cricket match I swear we'd never taste fear or sadness ever again

Yasir Qadhi:
To my fellow Pakistanis: Cheer up! Read some Quran; pray two nafl, and thank Allah for all the great blessings He has given you.

To my fellow (ethnically speaking) Indians: Cheers! Read some Quran; pray nafl, and thank Allah for the EXTRA blessings He has given you.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
To my fellow (ethnically speaking) Indians: Cheers! Read some Quran; pray nafl, and thank Allah for the EXTRA blessings He has given you.

Well, I don't see how a team of men winning a sports game is a blessing from Allah azz zawajal. A tournament that has so many unIslamic elements to it for the ones watching in the stadium and ones at home. I can't see anything achieved from that as a blessing personally.

I currently reside in the states and the match started here in the late hours of the night. More people got up here to watch this match at 4 am than the brothers who woke to pray Qiyaam ul layl in jamah in the last 10 days of Ramadan. A sad state of affairs.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I was pretty sad to see that there was an auntie in the audience, head covered, feverishly doing dhikr.....

I mean, seriously!

I only saw the last hour of the match (from 11:30am local time) - and truthfully, it was really boring. I was actually having more entertainment reading the news.

Almaas

Guys guys guys, forget cricket, it's all about the coming 2012 Olympic games! Go Great Britain! :D

Lol, that's a year away, I'll worry about that then. ;)

Well, I don't see how a team of men winning a sports game is a blessing from Allah azz zawajal. A tournament that has so many unIslamic elements to it for the ones watching in the stadium and ones at home. I can't see anything achieved from that as a blessing personally.

Wa'alaykumasalaam

I'm not going to say anything because I don't want this thread closed; point understood.

I currently reside in the states and the match started here in the late hours of the night. More people got up here to watch this match at 4 am than the brothers who woke to pray Qiyaam ul layl in jamah in the last 10 days of Ramadan. A sad state of affairs.

Agreed. Muslims need to learn how to prioritise, but for those of us that can sustain the balance, there's no harm in a bit of sport.

I was pretty sad to see that there was an auntie in the audience, head covered, feverishly doing dhikr.....

I mean, seriously!

LOL, yeah, she looked like she was doin some serious du3a.

In all fairness I did a lot of dhikr and du3a, but I do that anyway, so...