Who to Trust???

abulzan07

:salam2:

Stay away from Hamza Yusuf he got some strange sufi belief's and most ulema guide to not listen to him and Allah Knows best

revert2007

Love Fishing
Or one could simply forgo all the hadith "websites" out there and simply buy the books. They're available all over the internet and if come from a reputable publisher (my Sahih al-Bukhari come from Dar AHYA Us-Sunnah) are quite beneficial.

Also bear in mind that not all of Bukhari's publications are "sahih" (authentic). He also published several books of ahadith he couldn't verify - and he stated that in the books. (I forgot what they're called though...)

i hv uplaoded the hadith in this thread.bukhari,muslim and us salehin.but u just need to donwlaod it.plz check my posts at this thread.

Appa BK

Muslimah Light
:salam2: Brothers and Sisters

The two scholars that I listen to, and whom are very popular around South Africa, are Moulana Sulaiman Moola and Mufti Menk... there talks are inspiring, practical and one gains lots of knowledge from them.

Also I enjoy listening to Anwar Al-Awlaki, Dr. Heshaam Al-Awadi and Dr. Bashar Shala.

Insha'Allah I make dua that Allah (SWT) blessed you with hidayah on your path to attain knowledge about Allah(SWT's) beautiful deen. Insha'Allah may you be resurected with the pious, the awliyah and the great scholars of time.

Aameen!!!

W/Slm:muslim_child:

:salam2:

back to the main question,

You may here some object to what is said by a public speaker that speaks of Islam. It is true, some are not scholars, but they had access to people who study. So not all of what they say maybe wrong. some even have degrees from well known Islamic universities. There are many scholars, are known, but you are not going to be successful, in English, as the ones that I know of from past and present, write or speak in Arabic only.

I have heard many of that is mentioned prev. post, and I have never heard anything so out of line with Quran and Sunnah. But I have seen only online some objections to past work or methodology of some. Some of these are very serious, although I have never heard them speak or write that way. I don't listen to all or all the time too, so my answer can be insufficient.

The best thing to do, as mentioned, is learn Quran, because this will ground you in understanding that is clear. While learning the Quran you must learn hadith, as the prophet PBUH, has described much about ayat.

as for listening to moral and social behavior lectures, these would be included in your pursuit of learning Quran.

and lastly your local masjid, will help you. And Allah swt, will always help you so make sure you ask the Creator.

Edit: There is one speaker that I enjoy listening and learning from about the Quran, Nouman Ali Khan.http://www.halaltube.com/category/nouman-ali-khan even though I know Arabic, I surely don't know no way near, what he explains about Quran. He does much balaga, and I am not at that level of understanding yet, in sha Allah and mashAllah, la guwtan illah billah.

:wasalam: